HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

players we hate

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-14-2010, 12:16 PM
  #26
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nshpred87 View Post
Not sure what kind of fights thats you have been in (if any) but Cindy fights like a women. But in the end i wouldnt fight him.
Peter Forsberg begs to differ ... talk about a dirty player


Last edited by BigFatCat999: 09-14-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 12:19 PM
  #27
Nshpred87
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Peter Forsberg begs to differ ... talk about a dirty player
true true but Forsberg isnt a crier either...

Nshpred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 12:36 PM
  #28
Bad Karma
Registered User
 
Bad Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Anyone on the Canucks.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM
  #29
lightning_legwand*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Peter Forsberg begs to differ ... talk about a dirty player
If you want to talk dirty, I can think of 200 guys more dirty than PF

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 02:37 PM
  #30
Nshpred87
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
My post that was recently removed for "gay insinuation" towards Cindy was not inteaded in that way, it was to point out the fact that he is a dirty fighter and has been known to hit below the belt when fighting.

Nshpred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 03:50 PM
  #31
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
Anyone on the Canucks.
As a Canucks fan, just curious as to why you don't like the Canucks and Burrows especially

No Canucks fan really has anything against the Preds

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 04:03 PM
  #32
PredsChik
Registered User
 
PredsChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Smyrna, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
As a Canucks fan, just curious as to why you don't like the Canucks and Burrows especially

No Canucks fan really has anything against the Preds
I don't like the Canucks for 2 specific plays in recent memory. The dirty hit that knocked Dumont into next season (Davidson?) and Burrows diving and acting hurt that got Smithson thrown. Oh and when I was in Vancouver, I met ONE Canucks fan who wasn't a complete jerk.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
  #33
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
I don't like the Canucks for 2 specific plays in recent memory. The dirty hit that knocked Dumont into next season (Davidson?) and Burrows diving and acting hurt that got Smithson thrown. Oh and when I was in Vancouver, I met ONE Canucks fan who wasn't a complete jerk.
Not sure who you're referring to with Davidson but I'll give you the hit if it's the Burrows one you're referring to. As for the fans, most of the ones you see on the streets aren't very nice because they're the bandwagon fans who only come out and act big when the team is winning while hating them when they get knocked out in the playoffs and think they suck, knowing very little of the actual sport aside from the names of Luongo & the Sedins

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 04:33 PM
  #34
PredsChik
Registered User
 
PredsChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Smyrna, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Not sure who you're referring to with Davidson but I'll give you the hit if it's the Burrows one you're referring to.
You're right, Davidson (I'm pretty sure that was the name) was the one that took out Nichol for a good month.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 04:43 PM
  #35
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
As a Canucks fan, just curious as to why you don't like the Canucks and Burrows especially

No Canucks fan really has anything against the Preds

burrows becasue he did one f the lowest things a hockey player can do-he plays without a shred of honor. when you take a dive, look up, and when the ref starts to look at you, you flail on the ice like a italian soccer player trying to draw a call. that is worse than hitting a guy from behind. at the guy knows afterward why it was done.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 04:56 PM
  #36
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
You're right, Davidson (I'm pretty sure that was the name) was the one that took out Nichol for a good month.
Both plays you reference in your initial post (Smithson and Dumont) were done by Burrows.

The Nichol incident I believe you are discussing now was perpetrated by Trevor Daley who plays for the Stars...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
  #37
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,763
vCash: 500
I hate Burrows because he's a pathetic, whiny, poor excuse for a man and a horrible example for kids. Every time I see him on the ice I think of the line from the Mighty Ducks. "Take the dive. Act hurt. Be indignant." As for the team as a whole, it's mainly because of the slew of arrogant fans who seem to flock to the Canucks when things are going well. It's basically the same reason I hate Montreal, Toronto, and Philly except those teams never seem to lose the arrogant fans.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
  #38
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,204
vCash: 500
No it was Davidson for the Nucks who knocked out Nichol for a good while not last season but the season before that. It was a vicious hit but a clean hit.

The Burrows hit on Dumont of course was less than clean as he looked like superman. I hate Burrows but he is like Toots. You love him when he's on your team and hate him as a opponent. I'll take a guy who can get under people's skin and pot 30 goals any day..

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
  #39
sighthndlady
Registered User
 
sighthndlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Turco. He's constantly slashing and tripping with his stick, especially away from the play whenever the refs aren't looking. I hate that he's playing in our division now - except that I think he's a significant downgrade from Niemi.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 05:21 PM
  #40
MarkMM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
Agree with predfan24, Burrows (and Kesler at times) does things that make me wince as a Canucks fan, but there's no doubt about their level of compete, or Burrows heart for being an undrafted ball-hockey player that scratched and clawed his way into the NHL, leaves everything on the ice, does whatever's asked of him to climb from being a fourth-line injury-filler to being on the top-line scoring 30 goals. He's got enough talent and heart that he can make it in the league and help his team win without the antics, but while I see why others hate him, he's a player I love to have here, especially since he signed a 4-year, $2 million/year deal and is delivering 30+ goals (and not always when he's with the Twins).

But the player I'm surprised isn't getting more hate-on here is Pronger, that guy is dirty in a way that injures people (what sticks in my mind is his stomping on the exposed leg of Kesler...now that is the lowest of the low, not flailing around on the ice trying to draw a penalty, but using your skate blade to injure). Plus his prima donna demands, signing a long-term deal and then demanding to be traded (even the "suspected" reasons for this make me think even lower of his character).

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 09:08 PM
  #41
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMM View Post
Agree with predfan24, Burrows (and Kesler at times) does things that make me wince as a Canucks fan, but there's no doubt about their level of compete, or Burrows heart for being an undrafted ball-hockey player that scratched and clawed his way into the NHL, leaves everything on the ice, does whatever's asked of him to climb from being a fourth-line injury-filler to being on the top-line scoring 30 goals. He's got enough talent and heart that he can make it in the league and help his team win without the antics, but while I see why others hate him, he's a player I love to have here, especially since he signed a 4-year, $2 million/year deal and is delivering 30+ goals (and not always when he's with the Twins).

But the player I'm surprised isn't getting more hate-on here is Pronger, that guy is dirty in a way that injures people (what sticks in my mind is his stomping on the exposed leg of Kesler...now that is the lowest of the low, not flailing around on the ice trying to draw a penalty, but using your skate blade to injure). Plus his prima donna demands, signing a long-term deal and then demanding to be traded (even the "suspected" reasons for this make me think even lower of his character).
You will find no love for Burrows here...




PS he didn't leave his feet.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 01:15 AM
  #42
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
You will find no love for Burrows here...




PS he didn't leave his feet.
Well he's a player you hate until he's on your team

There's a 6 page thread of the Preds looking for a mean grinding forward in Trade Rumors & Free Agents

That's what Burrows does and you can't find a mean player who can rack up points, draw penalties, fights and is someone that has a great attitude that is well respected throughout the league.

Teams want these guys because they'll do anything they're asked and if Burrows is coming off a 35 goal season (with back to back hat tricks) without losing a step as an agitator then he's clearly doing something right.

He also managed to score three goals (and three assists) in the playoffs with a severe shoulder injury he got in the Kings series and he played through a slapshot to the throat.

He was an undrafted bottom line agitator who worked extremely hard to get to the top line of a cup contending team. He'll do anything the team asks him to and he makes a total of $2 million a year

Everybody hates him and that is why he's so effective


Last edited by Winroba: 09-15-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:06 AM
  #43
sparkle twin
Real Deal
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,934
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMM View Post
But the player I'm surprised isn't getting more hate-on here is Pronger, ......
I hate that guy.




I can't stand:
both Sedins, Burrows
Mike Richards, Pronger, Carcillo
Avery, Lundqvist
Heatley, Joe Thornton
Spacek
Ovechkin (only sometimes)
Phaneuf
Clutterbuck


And pretty much anyone on Detroit, San Jose, Columbus, St.Louis, Vancouver

I know there are more but I can't think of them right now.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 12:00 PM
  #44
Nshpred87
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
I'll probably catch some crap for this but I can't stand plastic hip Kariya. But im right there with most and i hate Pronger more than anyone.

Nshpred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 01:42 PM
  #45
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Mike Richards, Pronger, Carcillo
Avery, Lundqvist
Spacek
Ovechkin (only sometimes)
Surely you are a Penguins fan.


But seriously, Mike Richards? I would trade anyone not named Weber for Richards.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:00 PM
  #46
PredsChik
Registered User
 
PredsChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Smyrna, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
But seriously, Mike Richards? I would trade anyone not named Weber for Richards.
ugh. The Richards hit on Booth makes me sick. I'm not going to argue if it was clean or dirty or whatever because I've beat that horse to death. I didn't like it and thought that it was unnecessary and I don't like him for it either.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:09 PM
  #47
Christina Woloski
Registered Something
 
Christina Woloski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Narnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Well he's a player you hate until he's on your team

There's a 6 page thread of the Preds looking for a mean grinding forward in Trade Rumors & Free Agents

That's what Burrows does and you can't find a mean player who can rack up points, draw penalties, fights and is someone that has a great attitude that is well respected throughout the league.

Teams want these guys because they'll do anything they're asked and if Burrows is coming off a 35 goal season (with back to back hat tricks) without losing a step as an agitator then he's clearly doing something right.

He also managed to score three goals (and three assists) in the playoffs with a severe shoulder injury he got in the Kings series and he played through a slapshot to the throat.

He was an undrafted bottom line agitator who worked extremely hard to get to the top line of a cup contending team. He'll do anything the team asks him to and he makes a total of $2 million a year

Everybody hates him and that is why he's so effective

Dude... Lets be reality and let them have their thread.

Christina Woloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 03:57 PM
  #48
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,753
vCash: 500
*adds Pronger to his scum list*

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 11:28 PM
  #49
kakemono
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Thorton
Hossa
Modano
Crosby
Kronwall

I tend to like pests like Carcillo, Avery, Downie, and Burrows who are who score and can contribute to the game. Avery is one of my favorite players.

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 11:44 PM
  #50
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,825
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
Thorton
Hossa
Modano
Crosby
Kronwall

I tend to like pests like Carcillo, Avery, Downie, and Burrows who are who score and can contribute to the game. Avery is one of my favorite players.
Funny, I like Burrows and am OK with Downie, but utterly cannot stand Avery - taking that crap off the ice is going too far IMO; if he signed up here, y'all would have an new full-time Preds fan - and have yet to see Carcillo have any redeeming value whatsoever.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.