HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Pit-cbj

Old
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Oh give me a ****ing break dude. Everything that anyone says around here is just them being a homer to you. We have no players like Voracek, but we've got defensive players and goal scorers similar to Staal. Right now this team is better off with a future top 10 playmaker than a top 10 two-way player.

Pittsburgh says no to this trade as well, because it would just be plain stupid to swap your young shutdown center for another playmaker.

Crosby. I mean seriously. Crosby. No one is forcing you to be a fan of this team. If you hate the fans and the team and the management so much then why do you keep following?
I never said I'd do this trade, I was just pointing out that we sometimes overrate our own players. Heck, I overrated Zherdev for years.
I like Jake, but would I trade him for Drew Doughty?? hell yes. Would I trade him for Shea Weber? Yep. Would I deal Jake for Malkin?? Probably.

It's easy to be optimistic in September when everyone is 0-0, but I would rather be skeptical now and then be proven wrong later. Too many times we're overly optimistic and then disappointed 2 months into the season. I still think we can finish 7th if our defense overachieves, but it will be tough. The defense is the only thing stopping me from being positive about our team this year.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
I never said I'd do this trade, I was just pointing out that we sometimes overrate our own players. Heck, I overrated Zherdev for years.
I like Jake, but would I trade him for Drew Doughty?? hell yes. Would I trade him for Shea Weber? Yep. Would I deal Jake for Malkin?? Probably.

It's easy to be optimistic in September when everyone is 0-0, but I would rather be skeptical now and then be proven wrong later. Too many times we're overly optimistic and then disappointed 2 months into the season. I still think we can finish 7th if our defense overachieves, but it will be tough. The defense is the only thing stopping me from being positive about our team this year.
And you underrate every Jackets player because you hate the team. It kind of balances out in the end.

There are some good pieces on this team, if some people would take their head out of their ass long enough to take a look.

09-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
I don't underrate every player because you don't know how I rate them. I think I'm pretty objective. I balance out all the overratedness. And for the record I don't hate anyone.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Pittsburgh is trying to win Stanley Cups. We're trying to develop a winning hockey club. They need Pahlsson a lot worse than we do. Same is true for Juice. I'd be happy to throw in a prospect (Mayorov, for example). I dislike any trade proposals that "bones" either side.
Pens won a Cup with Staal and Letang. They do not need Pahlsson. They could possibly use Juice but not for even one or the other of the players you've proposed.

Old
09-13-2010, 08:08 PM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Would I deal Jake for Malkin?? Probably.
Probably? Don't get me wrong, love Jake and his euro mullet... but I don't see what the hesitation would be. done and done for Geno. I agree about Doughty/Weber, as well.

PCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Pens won a Cup with Staal and Letang. They do not need Pahlsson. They could possibly use Juice but not for even one or the other of the players you've proposed.
The Pens could DEFINITELY use Juice. They're strong down the middle and, with the exception of Kunitz, weaker on the wings. But if were going to give up a first line winger, getting their #3 center or 4th highest paid blueliner in return doesn't seem so far-fetched.

Regarding Pahlsson, you're right. They could deal Staal and still have plenty enough quality for their 3rd and 4th line centers. We'd have to move Brass or Pahlsson in another trade.

All that said, we'd be going after the wrong Staal. The one we want is in New York (for now) waiting for someone to "offer sheet" him.

Last edited by leesmith: 09-13-2010 at 11:40 PM.
leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 05:24 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
All that said, we'd be going after the wrong Staal. The one we want is in New York (for now) waiting for someone to "offer sheet" him.
Indeed.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 08:07 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Point taken. However, I'm not sure the Pens Staal is ever really the "wrong Staal".

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
I never suggested they would. Trade Proposals on these boards are generally non-sensical. The only entertainment value is in watching the receiving side flame away at how biased the original proposal was against them.
How can you say that? You know that's way out of line and crazy. I don't understand why you would say such a thing. Go back and try again to see if you can make it sound more fair. Flame away? Biased? What would you do?

OK...that's all I got

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Point taken. However, I'm not sure the Pens Staal is ever really the "wrong Staal".
I would accept any Staal not named Jared on this team! The best to have would be Eric. That would be awesome.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 11:55 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
How can you say that? You know that's way out of line and crazy. I don't understand why you would say such a thing. Go back and try again to see if you can make it sound more fair. Flame away? Biased? What would you do?

OK...that's all I got
LOL!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 05:43 PM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

vCash: 555
No. Voracek is a solid player, and will only get better (barring injury). Staal is a great defensive foward, but we don't need that. We need a PMD and a center for Nash.

Also to those saying Brassard isn't good, trade him for staal. One season doesn't mean a player is ****. Get that through you're heads. Brassard has more offensive upside than Staal, we need offense. If Brassard turns out like I hope, He will be our first line center, depending on if we get another center or how our other center prospects turn out.

gojacketsgo61 is offline   Reply With Quote