HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida Panther's Rookie Camp 2010 Opening Day (Photos and Video)

Old
09-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
ohh ok, thanks for the info maybe means he will be the starter tomorrow vs the Preds?
Probably... on a side note, mcardle is lookin real solid

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 11:24 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
Probably... on a side note, mcardle is lookin real solid
Considering he is 5 years older than some of these guys, its not impressive.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Considering he is 5 years older than some of these guys, its not impressive.
He's skating with the vets not the prospects.

Old
09-14-2010, 11:43 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
He's skating with the vets not the prospects.
This i did not know. Haha i just got zinged harder than Kesha does every saturday night.

But i still wouldn't be getting overly excited about him.

Old
09-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
This i did not know. Haha i just got zinged harder than Kesha does every saturday night.

Lol.. I'd be with you on this, but..we know he's always had speed to burn but his hands look noticeably better.. Gettin his snipe on too.. Higgins has looked solid too.

Old
09-14-2010, 11:49 AM
hockeyDude09

Quote:
Don't remember 2nd lines :-/

White:

McFarland-Howden-Birkholz
Petrovic-Comrie
Cheverie

Jenks-Timmins-Wilson
Dadonov...
Gudbranson-Robak
Foster
how did the Jenks-Timmins-Wilson line look?

hockeyDude09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 11:52 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Lol.. I'd be with you on this, but..we know he's always had speed to burn but his hands look noticeably better.. Gettin his snipe on too.. Higgins has looked solid too.
Ironically, McArdle's upside probably is just a faster Higgins. Im not expecting anything from Higgins at all ; just no hands.

How does Grabner look? Not that it means much, and i already know plenty on Grabner to understand the pros and cons of his game.

Old
09-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Ironically, McArdle's upside probably is just a faster Higgins. Im not expecting anything from Higgins at all ; just no hands.

How does Grabner look? Not that it means much, and i already know plenty on Grabner to understand the pros and cons of his game.
Not all the guys were skating, I saw him just walkin around I guess he was doing off ice stuff, not sure if he got out there, left halfway through vets.

... As for the Timmins line, it looked good, Timmins and Jenks together would be a great PK

Old
09-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Boooooth10

So excited for the rookie game tomorrow.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 04:03 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:

Why? I have always loved his play and would be totally stoked if he is a permanent fixture on the cats. He has had bad luck with injuries and could be a real force if he stays healthy. He is the ultimate heart and soul type guy with some skills and isn't scared of physical play, which unfortunately got him injured in the past.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 04:21 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Why? I have always loved his play and would be totally stoked if he is a permanent fixture on the cats. He has had bad luck with injuries and could be a real force if he stays healthy. He is the ultimate heart and soul type guy with some skills and isn't scared of physical play, which unfortunately got him injured in the past.
A real force? Have you ever watched McArdle play? For all the speed and determination he has, the skills basically aren't there. AHL production has frankly been poor.

If your stoked to watch McArdle play (and you aren't his dad) then you must be the most ardent and enthuasiastic hockey fan of all time.

Old
09-14-2010, 04:43 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
A real force? Have you ever watched McArdle play? For all the speed and determination he has, the skills basically aren't there. AHL production has frankly been poor.

If your stoked to watch McArdle play (and you aren't his dad) then you must be the most ardent and enthuasiastic hockey fan of all time.
Ive seen his play with the cats and liked what I saw. I have not watched him in the AHL, but have you?

And no I am not his dad, so I must be the "most ardent and enthuasiastic hockey fan of all time" I have been called worse.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 06:24 PM
RobbieCap

I liked Mcardle in rochester, good energy and speed. Not the best scoring touch, and the injury last year probably didn't help, I think he would have put up 45ish points if he played a full year last year in rochester.

RobbieCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 06:36 PM
vektorious

If you guys didn't see on the other rookie camp thread, it looks like Markstrom won't be playing tomorrow...supposedly a minor injury...It's on George Richard's latest blog post :

"Heralded rookie Jacob Markstrom was not on the ice Tuesday morning and didn’t participate in the rookie scrimmage due to an undisclosed injury DeBoer described as minor.

Markstrom is not on the initial lineup for Wednesday’s game against the Predators. Marc Cheverie, who played at the University of Denver last season, will start in net for Florida."

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...#ixzz0zYA4TTaH

I just got finished editing my final video from Rookie Camp Day 1. Here is a longer 7:23 minute video of the Panthers practicing. Let me know what you think! I will be there tomorrow tonight and will be sure to get some footage!

vektorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektorious View Post
If you guys didn't see on the other rookie camp thread, it looks like Markstrom won't be playing tomorrow...supposedly a minor injury...It's on George Richard's latest blog post :

"Heralded rookie Jacob Markstrom was not on the ice Tuesday morning and didn’t participate in the rookie scrimmage due to an undisclosed injury DeBoer described as minor.

Markstrom is not on the initial lineup for Wednesday’s game against the Predators. Marc Cheverie, who played at the University of Denver last season, will start in net for Florida."

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...#ixzz0zYA4TTaH

I just got finished editing my final video from Rookie Camp Day 1. Here is a longer 7:23 minute video of the Panthers practicing. Let me know what you think! I will be there tomorrow tonight and will be sure to get some footage!

Thanks, you are the man.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Boooooth10

No Markstrom?

I really wanted to see him play since I can't really go to the game on Thursday. This sucks

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 07:41 PM
vektorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
No Markstrom?

I really wanted to see him play since I can't really go to the game on Thursday. This sucks
That is the same exact thing I felt when I read the news.....bahh....well off to go play some open hockey at pines ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Thanks, you are the man.
You my friend are the man. I have been lurking these forums since the beginning of last season and you give really great in depth information about prospects....I always enjoy reading your input!!

Old
09-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Parise9Crosby87

any of you guys going tomorrow

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 07:51 PM
skecherskid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great8Cam View Post

McFarland looked very good and then he seemed to be gassed. Skills looked really good and he had a wicked shot on Marky. Conditioning might be a question. He was completely bent over when others were not.

)
One of his strong showings at the combine was physical fitness.
from an article:

<During the physical fitness tests, he hopes he even further enhanced his value.

“It was a good experience for me. I hope I was able to prove to people that I am dedicated in the gym and really dedicated to the fitness end of things,”said McFarland, adding the entire experience was educational but also “long and mentally draining.” >
(source: http://thejuniorreport.com/2010/06/2...oking-forward/ )

skecherskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 08:18 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
any of you guys going tomorrow
Yup me and my lady are heading out, been looking forward to it since it was announced lol.

PanthersAllDay1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
vektorious

I'll be out there tomorrow night! I can't wait...for now I am headed to Pines Ice Arena for some open hockey....we should start a HFBOARDS adult league teammmm

Old
09-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

Quote:
Erik Gudbranson- Pretty much what I expected, wasn't really going after people which is probably his best trait which I am looking forward to see vs Nashville, but he was solid, didn't really stand out aside from his pure size, but didn't make any mistakes. One thing I didn't realize about him is how good of a passer he is..

Corey Durocher- Seemed to be trying to do a lot, size and skill are there but just seemed to be trying to do to much. I like his potential though..
Re: Gudbranson (bolded part). This is what a lot of people don't seem to realize about him. I see on the prospects forum people who have seen him maybe a handful of times already labeling him as a "stay at home shutdown defenseman", but almost in a derogatory sense suggesting he has zero offensive ability. Anyone who watches him even semi-regularly will see he does, in fact, have good offensive ability. His passing is one of his strengths. His passing ability is much better than your typical "stay at home but has no offense" types that some seem to believe he'll be.

It might not happen overnight, and it might not be in the next couple of seasons. But I'll go out on a limb right now and say that there are going to be a lot of people surprised at just how good Gudbranson is at *both* ends of the rink, when all is said and done. There's a reason he draws comparisons to a guy like Shea Weber rather than Anton Volchenkov. I'll leave it at that.

Re: Durocher. Glad to see he's at least making himself noticeable out there. I'd rather hear he's trying to do too much, but is showing some tools, rather than him not doing anything. I've touted this guy numerous times as a potential steal, and it's good to see that, at least early on, he's not doing anything to prove me a fool

Last edited by Sidney the Kidney: 09-14-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
I'll be out there tomorrow night! I can't wait...for now I am headed to Pines Ice Arena for some open hockey....we should start a HFBOARDS adult league teammmm
sucks I live pretty far and I'm not a good skater I remember I bought a net with some sticks and a ball to play street hockey non of my friends liked it lol sometimes I wish more people round here liked hockey or there were more facilities

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 12:20 AM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I don't know if this is what's bothering him, but he was run into on Monday and I saw him flex his left knee a bit and reach for it after he got back up.

StrangeVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:46 AM
Weiwuer

Florida Panthers' Gudbranson confident he can earn roster spot

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/1...#ixzz0za9cDj3R

Weiwuer is offline   Reply With Quote