HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kyle Beach combines bright future with healthy respect for past

Old
09-12-2010, 07:15 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Kyle Beach combines bright future with healthy respect for past

Kyle Beach talks at NHL Rookie tournament about being a Blackhawk.

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Dump and Chase
Hand of God

vCash: 500
Saw 2 Hawk games at the Tourney. Saturday against the Leafs and Tuesday vs. Penguins. I was looking forward to watching Beach and Makarov

Beach scored Saturday on a quick release wrister in the slot and got 2 more on Tuesday.

The knock on Beach is that he is a loose cannon but he looked eager and confident to me. He was first on the ice for warm-ups both games and the last to leave.

Beach seemed to show a very well rounded game finding good spots away from the puck, moving the puck well and scoring some nice goals. He didn't do a ton of crashing and banging but he threw 4 or 5 solid checks over the two games. He even took a couple of draws that he won clean. The only negative I saw was a few gaffs in the defensive zone where he could have been stronger on the puck.

He made sure my boy and a several others got a puck during warm ups and took the time to sign my sons Hawk hat after the game. I think the Hawks got a steal getting him 11th overall and he is going to bring 50-60 points to the table within the next couple of years.

I took a vid of his second goal against the Pens on my Vado HD:

I was excited about Makarov as well. He was outstanding in both games, has great vision, quick feet and is nifty with the puck when he has the opportunity. He is listed at 6'1" but it looks to me that he had skates on for that. Either that or he just doesn't carry his height well.

Both guys looked like they could have a shot a main camp this year.

Last edited by Dump and Chase: 09-15-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Dump and Chase is offline   Reply With Quote