not sure

Maine Hockey Journal
Updated 9/3 Piercy and Wood have been cut

Old
09-07-2010, 06:27 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
They are related... I think it's his nephew.

Matt Stairs lives in Bangor now and is the new HS hockey coach.

Old
09-07-2010, 06:30 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Maineiacs name captains

Maineiacs name captains for upcoming season

Old
09-08-2010, 06:27 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Maine Hockey Journal
Updated 9/8 Maineiacs leadership will be front and center

Old
09-11-2010, 02:56 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Critchlow’s hat trick leads Maineiacs to season opening romp over Rimouski

Maine Hockey Journal

Quote:
The 2010-2011 home-opener marked the eighth season for the Lewiston Maineiacs in the QMJHL.

The Maineiacs didn’t disappoint the 1,891 in attendance at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee, opening the season with an 8-3 victory over the Rimouski Oceanic on Friday night.

The first period went by quickly with the majority of time spent in the opponent’s end.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:40 PM
MarcPiquesFan

5 more... and he'll beat his personnal best! XD

Old
09-12-2010, 12:18 AM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

I went to tonight's game expecting to see names like Chaput, Bissonnette, Morin and Lacasse only to remember that NHL rookie camps are starting this week! But it was a good chance to see some of the players who will be lower down in the depth charts.

Etienne Brodeur is going to be a big time player for Lewiston this season, as he was last year. He has great anticipation that often leads to him creating turnovers in the defensive end. His speed allows him to quickly rush the puck down the ice and beat out defenders to create odd-man opportunities. Then he finishes it all off with a great scoring touch. All of this was evident in his game tonight and he should be a big threat on the Maineiacs this year.

I also thought Makarov looked solid in net. He did a great job of staying square to the shooter and battled hard to stop the puck. Made some impressive saves, despite earning a loss tonight.

Overall, I think the Maineiacs are going to be topheavy with offense this season and weak on the backend. Their offensive production should be towards the top of the league this year. The defense seemed to break down easily under pressure in the game tonight against Rimouski.

Old
09-12-2010, 01:35 AM
SPORTSMANIAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRyan9 View Post
I went to tonight's game expecting to see names like Chaput, Bissonnette, Morin and Lacasse only to remember that NHL rookie camps are starting this week! But it was a good chance to see some of the players who will be lower down in the depth charts.

Etienne Brodeur is going to be a big time player for Lewiston this season, as he was last year. He has great anticipation that often leads to him creating turnovers in the defensive end. His speed allows him to quickly rush the puck down the ice and beat out defenders to create odd-man opportunities. Then he finishes it all off with a great scoring touch. All of this was evident in his game tonight and he should be a big threat on the Maineiacs this year.

I also thought Makarov looked solid in net. He did a great job of staying square to the shooter and battled hard to stop the puck. Made some impressive saves, despite earning a loss tonight.

Overall, I think the Maineiacs are going to be topheavy with offense this season and weak on the backend. Their offensive production should be towards the top of the league this year. The defense seemed to break down easily under pressure in the game tonight against Rimouski.
He was traded to Chicoutimi in the off-season

Old
09-12-2010, 01:37 AM
SPORTSMANIAC

Tremblay styimes Maineiacs at home

Maine Hockey Journal

Quote:
It was all about Philippe Tremblay on Saturday night.

After have a sub-par performance last night, Tremblay stepped up big, making 36 saves as the Rimouski Oceanic held on for a 3-2 win over the Lewiston Maineiacs in front of 1,811 at the Androscoggin Bank Colisée.

Old
09-12-2010, 12:53 PM
JeffMESN
HFB Partner

Trembley, Oceanics beat MAINEiacs 3-2 with photo gallery

Quote:
The Lewiston MAINEiacs concluded the opening series of the 2010-2011 season with a 3-2 loss to the Rimouski Oceanic
FULL STORY WITH PHOTO GALLERY

Old
09-13-2010, 06:16 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Brodeur is hoping for a breakaway season for the Maineiacs

Quote:
When you hear 1-for-27 tossed around as a statistic, it sounds like it should be more associated with a baseball player than a hockey player. In this case it’s the opposite, it represents Lewiston Maineiacs’ forward Etienne Brodeur’s conversions on breakaways from last season.

Friday night, his first breakaway chance of this season, he was batting a .1000.

Link

Old
09-13-2010, 11:56 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRyan9 View Post

Thats an accurate statement on the Maineiacs this season... They won't having a problem scoring, but the real question with this team will be if they can keep the puck out of the net.

Old
09-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Anton Bubdobin
I hates summer

Went to the first game and liked what I saw for the most part. And that new Dman Dame-Malka has a helluva shot!

Old
09-14-2010, 08:52 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Quote:
What a week for Lewiston Maineiacs forward Cameron Critchlow. Last Wednesday, he was named the team’s captain and on Tuesday, he was named the QMJHL’s first star after posting six points this past weekend.

“It was my best weekend in my junior career,” said Critchlow.
Link

Old
09-14-2010, 09:09 PM
mapes

1,891 fans there? Ouch..

Old
09-15-2010, 11:03 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
1,891 fans there? Ouch..
pretty pathetic for the season opener...

Lacasse is an honest player, but in no way he is dominant, I don't know why you mentionned him...

Closed Thread