HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

37th Obsequious Banter Thread: RICO Statue

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2010, 04:58 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
I hate work.
You said it, I'm still trying to balance the awesomeness of having a job with getting up at 5:45 every morning.

Old
09-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Terence Peterman

My job also sucks.

Old
09-14-2010, 06:03 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Like I said to all of you, at least you have one...

Old
09-14-2010, 06:34 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Like I said to all of you, at least you have one...
I'm going to be in the same boat soon enough, this was just a long temp assignment.

Old
09-14-2010, 09:44 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

http://theoatmeal.com/quizzes/sound/

Heard it.

Old
09-14-2010, 09:50 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I wish I hadn't

Old
09-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

So, I got my half of the season tix from my coworker today. Does anyone else notice a strong similarity in the pics on the tickets to all the 'shops we've all been doing????????

Old
09-14-2010, 11:04 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
So, I got my half of the season tix from my coworker today. Does anyone else notice a strong similarity in the pics on the tickets to all the 'shops we've all been doing????????
You gotta be kidddding. Jules you should copyright everything and sue.

Old
09-14-2010, 11:05 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Yep, loud and clear. This comes after playing drums for 17 years.

Old
09-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
You gotta be kidddding. Jules you should copyright everything and sue.
I'll have to scan some to show you guys.

And it'd have to be a class-action suit: there were several of us making them! I think Sean started it...

Old
09-14-2010, 11:31 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:

And it'd have to be a class-action suit: there were several of us making them! I think Sean started it...
Wow. That's crazy. I'd like to see some of them!

Old
09-15-2010, 12:18 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:

Are you more flattered or mad if it ends up being the case that they stole them?

09-15-2010, 12:58 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Me too. I'm 25 (and thus not *under* 25) and have been playing music far too loudly for many many years. I call ********!

Old
09-15-2010, 03:03 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Weren't there a few people earlier in the Summer who said they had gone to some sort of amway pyramid scheme meeting earlier this Summer thinking it was a legitimate business thing? I don't know much about that stuff but, I got invited to participate in something that it has been suggested might be like that.

Basically a guy called me because someone mentioned my name to him. He didn't tell me exactly what they did, but instead referred me to a website to see if I understood some terms, and he said if I didn't understand the terms then I wouldn't be a good fit. The video was very vague and was basically a collection of phrases- social networking media, time compounding, and I can't remember the other ones. The video made it seem like the business had something to do with using social media to sell already existing products from major companies. It stressed that it would require work to make money, and there was no guarantees that I would profit immediately.

In order to learn more about what they did I would have to attend a seminar, I thought that perhaps the reason for this was that they had a good idea, and didn't want to share it with random people who could just steal it. I ended up telling the guy I was too busy to do it this semester and he seemed eager to still get me involved, later on, and also asked me if I knew anyone else, but I didn't give him anymore contacts. My friend talked to the guy and he wouldn't say exactly how they made money, but said basically they sell leadership training. He kept stressing that my friend (let's call him Bob saying my friend is getting annoying) could make a decent chunk of money over the next month or so, but was kind of evasive on how it worked, and Bob pointed out to me that he didn't think the model was sustainable, and that perhaps he could make that money this month, but not the next.

Does this sound like a scheme? I'm not getting involved either way, but the guy who referred me is involved so I was just curious. This experience and "Bob" mentioning amway to me reminded me of a discussion about it earlier.

Also if you look up the end of the company's url it is claimed that it has connections to quixtar which was connected to amway, or something like that?

edit: I'm 22, I'm not sure if I heard the sound I may have very faintly? But, I know I have some hearing loss from when I was a little kid, though it isn't bad. It isn't BS though, I remember hearing that some kids were using something simmilar as ring tones in middle school/high school because teachers generally couldn't hear them. They actually installed a louder noise maker like this at a metro station in D.C. recently- http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...83105777.html- the comment made about it being racist and ageist has some validity. Basically they are trying to keep young black kids from hanging out around there, while white yuppies frolic around. I see and understand how one could support it, but I still don't like it. Also for those of you who don't know, that stop is pretty much at the Verizon center, and I don't think it's particularly dangerous like one of the interviewees states. If you are there at night on a weekend there are lots of people around. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito .

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 09-15-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old
09-15-2010, 03:19 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Weren't there a few people earlier in the Summer who said they had gone to some sort of amway pyramid scheme meeting earlier this Summer thinking it was a legitimate business thing? I don't know much about that stuff but, I got invited to participate in something that it has been suggested might be like that.

Basically a guy called me because someone mentioned my name to him. He didn't tell me exactly what they did, but instead referred me to a website to see if I understood some terms, and he said if I didn't understand the terms then I wouldn't be a good fit. The video was very vague and was basically a collection of phrases- social networking media, time compounding, and I can't remember the other ones. The video made it seem like the business had something to do with using social media to sell already existing products from major companies. It stressed that it would require work to make money, and there was no guarantees that I would profit immediately.

In order to learn more about what they did I would have to attend a seminar, I thought that perhaps the reason for this was that they had a good idea, and didn't want to share it with random people who could just steal it. I ended up telling the guy I was too busy to do it this semester and he seemed eager to still get me involved, later on, and also asked me if I knew anyone else, but I didn't give him anymore contacts. My friend talked to the guy and he wouldn't say exactly how they made money, basically they sell leadership training. He kept stressing that my friend (let's call him Bob saying my friend is getting annoying) could make a decent chunk of money over the next month or so, but was kind of evasive on how it worked, and Bob pointed out to me that he didn't think the model was sustainable and that maybe he could make that money this month, but not the next.

Does this sound like a scheme? I'm not getting involved either way, but the guy who referred me is involved so I was just curious. This experience and "Bob" mentioning amway to me reminded me of a discussion about it earlier.

Also if you look up the end of the company's url it is claimed that it has connections to quixtar which was connected to amway, or something like that?

edit: I'm not sure if I heard the sound I may have very faintly? But, I know I have hearing some hearing loss from when I was a little kid, though it isn't bad. It isn't BS though, I remember hearing that some kids were using them as ring tones in middle school/high school because teachers generally couldn't hear them. They actually installed one of these at a metro station in D.C. recently-
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...83105777.html- the comment made about it being racist and ageist has some validity. Basically they are trying to keep young black kids from hanging out around there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito
If it sounds like BS, call BS.

Same reason why Prepaid Legal is complete BS.

Old
09-15-2010, 09:27 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

A Perfect Circle is back...playing a few West Coast shows this fall.

Old
09-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
I thought the same thing when I got mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post

In order to learn more about what they did I would have to attend a seminar, I thought that perhaps the reason for this was that they had a good idea, and didn't want to share it with random people who could just steal it. I ended up telling the guy I was too busy to do it this semester and he seemed eager to still get me involved, later on, and also asked me if I knew anyone else, but I didn't give him anymore contacts. My friend talked to the guy and he wouldn't say exactly how they made money, but said basically they sell leadership training. He kept stressing that my friend (let's call him Bob saying my friend is getting annoying) could make a decent chunk of money over the next month or so, but was kind of evasive on how it worked, and Bob pointed out to me that he didn't think the model was sustainable, and that perhaps he could make that money this month, but not the next.

edit: I'm 22, I'm not sure if I heard the sound I may have very faintly? But, I know I have some hearing loss from when I was a little kid, though it isn't bad. It isn't BS though, I remember hearing that some kids were using something simmilar as ring tones in middle school/high school because teachers generally couldn't hear them. They actually installed a louder noise maker like this at a metro station in D.C. recently- http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...83105777.html- the comment made about it being racist and ageist has some validity. Basically they are trying to keep young black kids from hanging out around there, while white yuppies frolic around. I see and understand how one could support it, but I still don't like it. Also for those of you who don't know, that stop is pretty much at the Verizon center, and I don't think it's particularly dangerous like one of the interviewees states. If you are there at night on a weekend there are lots of people around. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito .
It's ********. A friend of mine did something like that, tried talking me into because it was TEH BEST EVAR! and they ended up stealing **** tons of money from him.

Old
09-15-2010, 02:04 PM
McNasty

Why does Beef Jerky always sound like it's going to hit the spot until you start to chew it? Seriously it smells good, it looks good, it tastes like salted leather. Got sucked in again.....

Old
09-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Why does Beef Jerky always sound like it's going to hit the spot until you start to chew it? Seriously it smells good, it looks good, it tastes like salted leather. Got sucked in again.....
Sounds like Lewis Black's bit on candy corn.

Old
09-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Kambo

Sometimes I really question why I leave here to go to the lounge. Jesus Christmas, some of the people in there are the most self-righteous, stuck up ******** I've ever talked to.

Old
09-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
Sounds like Lewis Black's bit on candy corn.
Candy corn is ****ing delicious though.

Old
09-15-2010, 02:41 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Sometimes I really question why I leave here to go to the lounge. Jesus Christmas, some of the people in there are the most self-righteous, stuck up ******** I've ever talked to.
It has more retarded comments then the general section does (and that section has the weekly "bash the flyers" thread). Come on now... they have a thread discussing how "evil" going to school is... What are we, back in grade school?

Old
09-15-2010, 02:42 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
It's really a shame. The lounge used to be so much fun, but it's gone into the toilet the last couple of years.

There were some amazing threads (I have no idea if it's still around, but the Domino City Saga comes to mind), great arguments/discussions (pudding vs custard anyone?), and it was good for at least one really, really good laugh per day.

Old
09-15-2010, 02:44 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
I used to post there a lot, lately it hasn't become so fun. And I agree.

Old
09-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
It has more retarded comments then the general section does (and that section has the weekly "bash the flyers" thread). Come on now... they have a thread discussing how "evil" going to school is... What are we, back in grade school?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
It's really a shame. The lounge used to be so much fun, but it's gone into the toilet the last couple of years.

There were some amazing threads (I have no idea if it's still around, but the Domino City Saga comes to mind), great arguments/discussions (pudding vs custard anyone?), and it was good for at least one really, really good laugh per day.
I remember 2 years ago I'd go in there all the time and waste my entire day just reading **** in there. There is still that one classic thread that will pop up out of every 100 created, but aside from trying to find it, there is no good that can come out of going in there. I mean there is a war going on in a thread about smoking right now, and some girl was ready to ****ing chop my head off yesterday because I dropped too many curse words and now apparently I need anger management or something. It's pretty funny getting in fights with people there though, just because 99.9% of the time they're actually really angry, and trying to pull **** out of their ass to comeback at you, and meanwhile I'm laughing my ass off.

Closed Thread