HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Rookie Game 3: Senators vs. Maple Leafs - Sens win 3-2

Old
09-15-2010, 12:43 AM
TheHMan

vCash: 500
For the guys who wanted to see the highlights, the Leafs website have a 6 minute highlight package of the game. You should check it out here:

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...d=802&id=75294

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 05:37 AM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnewman View Post
Overall not impressed with many sens tonight, especially Hoffmann who's playing like a retard. Is Cowan even playing???
Just felt it was neccessary to point this little tidbit out post game.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Caseus
squirrelly wrath

I missed the game, but I'm really liking the positive comments about Cowen, Hoffman and Lehner. Nice to know we have solid forward prospects in Hoffman and Butler.

Caseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
For the guys who wanted to see the highlights, the Leafs website have a 6 minute highlight package of the game. You should check it out here:

Interesting that they left out Kadri's flying elbow, Hoffman's massive hit and Cowen plowing into Kadri.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
Interesting that they left out Kadri's flying elbow, Hoffman's massive hit and Cowen plowing into Kadri.
TSN highlights would make you think Toronto won.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Das Boot
Jajajaja

Cowen impressed me. Wish he played this way throughout the whole tournament. Hoffman after seeing these 3 games, I put him over Bobby Butler as our top forward prospect, although Butler is close behind him, but I found he tried to do to much last night by himself.

Lehner was solid, both goals against him weren't his fault, the deflection he couldn't really react enough and he was ready to save the shot or pass for the 2 on 1 and he probably would have if it hadn't of went off Hoffman.

Not to mention Wiercoich and Gryba look amazing out there.

Das Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Jackie Treehorn

It's so hard to get alot out of these games, the play is so scrambled. I think thats why sometimes Cowen doesn't look that good, but I really believe that once the games get more structure to them, we'll be impressed by Jared. I think Butler got a chance, I don't think Weircioch or Hoffman are physically ready yet. Gryba is interesting, but i think we'll need to see how he plays in an NHL type structured game before we can really tell much, he definitely looks strong enough to play at the next level.
On the other side I thought Kadri showed good hands and he looked dangerous when he had the puck, he doesn't look physically ready to me though.

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Rooverick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
5 goals scored in the game.

TSN shows both Leaf goals and only one Sens goal...go figure.

Rooverick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooverick View Post
5 goals scored in the game.

TSN shows both Leaf goals and only one Sens goal...go figure.
One of which was a fluke.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:34 PM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
yah - just like CBC where the announcers know the favorite color for leaf players but refer to Ottawa guys as "the Ottawa player"

If TSN carries a leaf game they can be losing 8-1 but leafs "are challenging" late in the third period.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:54 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Did you hear the announcer ask why icing was called near the end of the game. The puck was about 6 feet from the icing line & the Toronto guy got the puck & started skating with it before he even crossed the icing line. Don't they know the puck has to cross the icing line before it is called? They were certainly pro Toronto. I would have liked to see someone clean Kadri's clean, nice hit by Hoffman I think that sent him into the end boards.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Wham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post

Wiercioch's blind spinning backpass off the wall on the PP to Culek was so hot.

Wham City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 03:18 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I thought that Greening played really well in the last two games. He seems to be pretty fast, has good poise with the puck & good vision. I think he must of had at least two assists & didn't look out of place at all with Hoffman & Butler, pretty good line.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 04:12 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Culek was just....Oh man...Culek was amazing. All his plays were perfectly executed, he knew what he was doing and made it look so easy.

To think that he is the youngest player in that tourney made me cream my pants.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 04:21 PM
ShotDownCrosby

So I was at the game last night.

And first off, I am SOOO glad hockey started!! Oh man, thank goodness!

Secondly, Hoffman was BY FAR the best Sens out there. Lots of chances, lots of plays and had a hand in all of the goals last night (2 goals, and one sweet set up). I was also pleasently surprised by Gryba (who I didn't know tonnes about), O'brien (who I heard wasn't too good), Butler and Daugavins. I personally wasn't AS impressed with Cowen, and thought Gryba was a better defensemen. But maybe its because I expected alot from Cowen.

As for Leafs, honestly, Kadri has yet to really really impress me. First off, he's a little chirper constantly saying stuff to players, without backing it up. And he's kinda a puck hog. Definitely not the best Leafs out there last night. He's gonna get hurt in the NHL playing like he did last night. D'Amigo and Ross played a good game.

The entire game, minus 10 min of the 2nd when the Sens lost it defensively and Leafs scored twice, the Sens did dominate.

And as for that first penalty (the "tripping"/MAJOR DIVE), I saw that, and was sitting with my bf (who's a leafs fan). And I'm like, holy crap the guy jumped a foot in the air and twisted to fall, what a DIVE! And he's like no no no, so I told him to watch the replay. Haha, and he's like, ok fine -- it was a major dive. Man I can't stand divers!

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Mathieu

Is there any highlights exept the TSN highlights and the Leafs site ?

Mathieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Wham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Culek was just....Oh man...Culek was amazing. All his plays were perfectly executed, he knew what he was doing and made it look so easy.

To think that he is the youngest player in that tourney made me cream my pants.
Ya this was by far his best game, he's going to need to get a whole lot stronger and hopefully his stride improves but there is certainly potential here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGal View Post
As for Leafs, honestly, Kadri has yet to really really impress me. First off, he's a little chirper constantly saying stuff to players, without backing it up. And he's kinda a puck hog. Definitely not the best Leafs out there last night. He's gonna get hurt in the NHL playing like he did last night. D'Amigo and Ross played a good game.
Really like D'Amigo's game as well, great wheels.

Wham City is offline   Reply With Quote