HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nhl 11

Old
09-14-2010, 09:11 PM
TwzKing

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Well that sucks. I don't have a TV downstairs where the router is and I have little interest in buying xbox's overpriced wifi attachment.
Trade in Your old Xbox for the new one, you get wifi built in.

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
LoL, well my HUT career is officially over Just can't take it any longer. Just standard NHL 11 going into the future. With corrected rules of course. They need to fix our rosters and they need to do better jobs on rating players >.< You would think they would have someone competent working on the rosters at least, or at least someone knowledgeable of hockey and the various teams...

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 12:37 AM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
LoL, well my HUT career is officially over Just can't take it any longer. Just standard NHL 11 going into the future. With corrected rules of course. They need to fix our rosters and they need to do better jobs on rating players >.< You would think they would have someone competent working on the rosters at least, or at least someone knowledgeable of hockey and the various teams...
I'm with you, Telos. If I lived in my parents basement and got to use their credit card to buy jumbo pack after jumbo pack, maybe it'd be awesome. But the more time I spend with it, the more it seems that you either have to spend a TON of time playing, or some of your own hard-earned $ buying packs.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Hey guys! I finally upgraded from NHL 06. haha. Anyway I just got 11 this morning and I hope you guys dont mind if I ask a few questions here. the first question I have is is there a way to tip shots in? I like standing in front o f the goalie but if I try and swipe at the puck I inevitably check a player instead and get an interference call. hmmmm

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 05:44 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Hey guys! I finally upgraded from NHL 06. haha. Anyway I just got 11 this morning and I hope you guys dont mind if I ask a few questions here. the first question I have is is there a way to tip shots in? I like standing in front o f the goalie but if I try and swipe at the puck I inevitably check a player instead and get an interference call. hmmmm
You basically need to be in front of the net. There isn't a specific button to re-direct shots and, like you said, the stick will cause you to check (which used to result in some horrible interference calls).

I've noticed that you re-direct shots better when you get squared up to the shooter holding LT (L2 for PS3) and don't press anything on the directional stick. (i.e. if you are playing OTP and someone else is shooting while you are setting up in front, use the left stick and LT to get position and let the left stick go to neutral a split-second before the shot gets to you)

Also, like in real life, you'll get a higher percentage of re-directions if you (or the shooter) can keep the shot low to the ice. Often you can get re-directions off of legs, defenders etc.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Question 2: Will they update the rosters or do I need to go in and make trades and stuff?

Old
09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
You basically need to be in front of the net. There isn't a specific button to re-direct shots and, like you said, the stick will cause you to check (which used to result in some horrible interference calls).

I've noticed that you re-direct shots better when you get squared up to the shooter holding LT (L2 for PS3) and don't press anything on the directional stick. (i.e. if you are playing OTP and someone else is shooting while you are setting up in front, use the left stick and LT to get position and let the left stick go to neutral a split-second before the shot gets to you)

Also, like in real life, you'll get a higher percentage of re-directions if you (or the shooter) can keep the shot low to the ice. Often you can get re-directions off of legs, defenders etc.
cool. thanks for the answer. I am having a blast playing this!!

Old
09-15-2010, 06:07 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Question 2: Will they update the rosters or do I need to go in and make trades and stuff?
Both. FOr now, player movement is all you can do. They usually update the rosters when the season starts and then periodically throughout.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:23 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

This is ironic, hilarious and depressing.

I simmed through my first season of Be A GM mode with the Kings. Made the requisite trades to get Mitchell, Poni, etc (also signed Kovy and traded him for Hall and some other stuff for ***** and giggles).

Anyways, season ends, time to resign RFAs. Doughty (an 88), wants 5.6MM for 1 year.

Johnson (an 83), demands 6.8MM for 7 years!

Backwards, depressing, hilarious and stupid...

I also kicked myself for forgetting to click over and qualify Bernier, who went and got 6.2MM per for 3 years from Montreal on the open market, as an 81.

Meanwhile, Seabrook (an 87), only wants 4.2MM. Hopefully every season isn't as weird contractually.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
I'm with you, Telos. If I lived in my parents basement and got to use their credit card to buy jumbo pack after jumbo pack, maybe it'd be awesome. But the more time I spend with it, the more it seems that you either have to spend a TON of time playing, or some of your own hard-earned $ buying packs.
meh, you kids and your instant gratification these days. Things worth attaining arent supposed to be easy

Old
09-17-2010, 06:06 PM
NyIsles19

hey i have a untouched anze kopitar for sale/trade if any of you interested .. on 360 btw

NyIsles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyIsles19 View Post
hey i have a untouched anze kopitar for sale/trade if any of you interested .. on 360 btw
How much? Deathnsilence is my tag

Old
09-17-2010, 08:47 PM
NyIsles19

any islander player or prospect

NyIsles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Martyros