HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik with Boomer and Carton

Old
09-15-2010, 11:17 AM
allstar3970

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
um....no. this isnt a high school team.

hes towing the line like he should so he keeps the peace. theres a code of conduct.

its not about him being benched. thats just a ridiculous comment. but its equally ridiculous to think hank or any other player would say otherwise. its just the way it is and thus didnt warrant any attention.

nice attempt and failure to be wity though.
and your anti-torts position doesn't skew your POV to immediately dismiss anything positive said about him, while taking everything negative as gospel right? I mean if the 7th defenseman in Hartford's girlfriend broke up with him you'd find some way to connect it to "Torts the Clown"

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 11:20 AM
ruckus*

Quote:

hes towing the line like he should so he keeps the peace. theres a code of conduct.

its not about him being benched. thats just a ridiculous comment. but its equally ridiculous to think hank or any other player would say otherwise. its just the way it is and thus didnt warrant any attention.

Yeah I agree. I think sometimes people have their own opinion of things and they use politically correct quotes from athletes to try and prove that their opinion is right.

It's like all the people who try to defend Torts by bringing up Lecavalier and other ex-players and say, "oh well when they asked him he said Torts was a tough coach but was fun to play for," and they use that to some how back up their theory that Torts is a good coach.

As if ex-players are just going to randomly take shots and start controversies in the media by saying something negative.

That might be more common in other sports, but hockey has a very different breed of athlete.

I'm sure athletes share opinions with other players and their familes and things like that, but most of the time they're not going to start controvery in the media like that.

I'm sure Hank doesn't really have a problem with Torts and I'm sure he didn't have a problem with Renney.

They both know he's the team and love the guy. All Hank is asked to do is to go out there and be Hank. I'm sure he's fine with that.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 11:26 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
and your anti-torts position doesn't skew your POV to immediately dismiss anything positive said about him, while taking everything negative as gospel right? I mean if the 7th defenseman in Hartford's girlfriend broke up with him you'd find some way to connect it to "Torts the Clown"
I think you can pick and choose when you want to take his opinion on Torts with a grain of salt, but I think he's right in this case.

This is a pretty laid back interview and he's being politically correct. He noted their different styles and he doesn't really have an issue with either.

I don't think there's really any way someone can read into it. He's not going to say he doesn't like the guy even if he really doesn't. How would that make sense?

There's not much to read into from the quotes.

Old
09-15-2010, 11:30 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:

I genuinely disagree with you. I don't think Henrik would say that he prefers Torts system if he didn't. He could just as easily have said "I like them both, but they are different coaches with different styles". But, that's not what he said and it's not like he's at risk for getting tossed into the doghouse.

Anyone saying anything positive about Tortorella ruffles your feathers.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 11:37 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I genuinely disagree with you. I don't think Henrik would say that he prefers Torts system if he didn't. He could just as easily have said "I like them both, but they are different coaches with different styles". But, that's not what he said and it's not like he's at risk for getting tossed into the doghouse.

Anyone saying anything positive about Tortorella ruffles your feathers.
With Tortorella still coaching the team, what on earth good comes of it for him to say anything of the contrary?

You're missing the basic point here. After Torts' tenure is over he'll still probably be politically correct if that question were asked of him, but only at that point are you able to really try and read into a quote like that.

Old
09-15-2010, 11:45 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I'm not missing the point at all. He just as easily could've said "I like both in different ways" and been just as politically correct. I'm of the OPINION that Henrik's comments indicate that he prefers Torts' system and you and offda trying to convince me otherwise (based on your OPINION) doesn't make any of us right or wrong. It's not a big deal and I wouldn't have even addressed it except for the snide remark that followed from a "certain cloudy with a chance of showers" Rangers fan.

Old
09-15-2010, 11:46 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I'm not missing the point at all. He just as easily could've said "I like both in different ways" and been just as politically correct. I'm of the OPINION that Henrik's comments indicate that he prefers Torts' system and you and offda trying to convince me otherwise (based on your OPINION) doesn't make any of us right or wrong. It's not a big deal and I wouldn't have even addressed it except for the snide remark that followed from a "certain cloudy with a chance of showers" Rangers fan.

Old
09-15-2010, 11:47 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Old
09-15-2010, 11:47 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Old
09-15-2010, 11:49 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
With Tortorella still coaching the team, what on earth good comes of it for him to say anything of the contrary?

You're missing the basic point here. After Torts' tenure is over he'll still probably be politically correct if that question were asked of him, but only at that point are you able to really try and read into a quote like that.

Old
09-15-2010, 11:56 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
ODC might have some crazy points, but just because someone is skeptical or negative (especially about this organization, come on) doesn't make them any less of a fan.

I don't doubt for a second ODC roots harder than most on this board every game. He just doesn't like the way most of this organization is run.
With a name like Offdacrossbar, I'm assuming the constant negative vibe is just venting from years of being an optimistic Nedved fan who was jaded after never witnessing the "this year he'll turn it around".

Sam-"Dvorak skates into the zone...dumps it deep to Hlavac...into the slot to Nedved, OFF THE CROSSBAR ! J.D.-Oh Baby,what a shot!

x that by 10years and I'd be criminally pessamistic too.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:
true. and you are correct, i live and die with this bunch. while i may be a contrarian and go against the tide, im the same as you.

when they win im stoked. when they play poorly and lose, im grouchy.

they say you only argue about the things you care about.

there can be honor is dissent. i find blind agreement to be like nails on a chalkboard.
You keep saying, "I'm a contrarian. I'm a contrarian." That's all fine and dandy, but 9/10 there is 100% zero validity in your 'contrary' opinion.

You also fail to back it up with any logical stance whatsoever. AND to top it off: you refuse - no matter what - to ever stand corrected.

A silly example: McIlrath dropping gloves. You're so adamant that he should have fought. The coaches, teammates, and even Dylan himself could say, "Yeah, I wanted to fight. But I was told to just play my game." And still you would argue that he should have fought.

It's an extremely immature and childish view. I have no problems with you being a skeptic and having a negative/frustrated point of view. As Ranger fans, we constantly go through this. But to never say anything positive and to have such zealous stances (ie: your obvious hatred for Torts & and obvious man-crush on Enver Lisin (!?)) is - once again - extremely childish and immature.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 11:57 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
ODC might have some crazy points, but just because someone is skeptical or negative (especially about this organization, come on) doesn't make them any less of a fan.

I don't doubt for a second ODC roots harder than most on this board every game. He just doesn't like the way most of this organization is run.
With a name like Offdacrossbar, I'm assuming the constant negative vibe is just venting from years of being an optimistic Nedved fan who was jaded after never witnessing the "this year he'll turn it around".

Sam-"Dvorak skates into the zone...dumps it deep to Hlavac...into the slot to Nedved, OFF THE CROSSBAR ! J.D.-Oh Baby,what a shot!

Old
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Old
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Old
09-15-2010, 12:06 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:

Old
09-15-2010, 12:07 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:

Old
09-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Rangerfans

Please understand, that I have no problems with you ODC. I am not trying to 'stir anything up.' I am just - as you and everyone else does - expressing an opinion of mine.

We all bleed blue!

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 01:49 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I listened to the interview live this morning and I have to agree with ODC, the first question asked of Hank, which I dont think anyone mentioned yet was -
"Why didn't Gaborik have a shot in the shootout against Philly?"-

His response was - "it's up to the coach"

you could here in his voice what he was thinking though, he thought damn right Gabby should have been shooting, but he did the right thing and towed the company line.

BUT, please let me add I did think there was some truth to what he said about Torts as well, but in a subtle way when he mentioned the "1st few weeks after Torts took over" how the increased offense took the load off a bit, it also seemed while he meant that, he doesnt believe that committment to offense continued as he mentions he still faces the same workload.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:32 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post

actually, its best to snipe one in off the bar and hear that lovely clank sound.

corners are even better as long as you go pipe

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
interview starts at 34:50
http://nyc.podcast.play.it/media/d0/...3?authtok?dl=1

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 05:22 PM
MCBad

I watched this this morning.. Not many hockey related questions but you can see a clip of the interview here: http://video.msg.com/Home/Henrik-Lun...on-on-MSG-9-15

MCBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 05:53 PM
17futurecap

Now that Boom and Cart are on MSG, hope we get a weekly spot on the team with someone like a Cally or Dubi, or even the king would be cool.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 09:32 PM
JimmyStart*

It's amazing odc makes a horrible comment grounded in no fact whatsoever and he's actually trumped by the people who are taking the logical position here yet defendging it so horribly that ODC comes off looking like the one who's right. Hank obviously can handle his sh**. He's the best goalie in the game imo. He doesn't give a crap what the team is doing but he knows if the team scores he can hold the other team down so you're damn right he likes Torts 5 pt system better than renneys 1 and pray.
Problem is the skaters suck at scoring haha so they had to dial it back.

I don't think he was toeing any company line. If you really look at the situation it seems pretty illogical to say that he was just saying the right thing. What's more ODC your way of making your point was pure garbage. It's like youy want the attention. maybe you do maybe you need people to acknowledge you so you can argue and validate yourself that way. Jersey girl had the perfect response.

But let's not leave out the equally horrendous responses by the people argueing w ODC. Fact is he coulda said he liked both for diff reasons. It makes SENSE he prefers Torts system. He's not even saying he likes the coach he's saying sytem. I swear half the people on this board think by being conforntational creeps that they are gonna impress some hockey exec or blogger somewhere and get signed for a radio show. Newsflash no one is reading your posts except for other die hard ranger nerds. You're impressing no one with the dumb "wit" and sarcasm. A few bad comments gotta ruin what's a great hockey resource and fan discussion forum

Why is it so hard for you people to just make a good point like Jersey girl did and edge always does and just feel comfortable that your point says it all. Trust me it pisses off the arrogant "vets" on this board to no end and it makes u actually seem smart.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 09:41 PM
blue68

Send a message via AIM to blue68
Looks like they may be replaying the interview on MSG at 10 PM

blue68 is offline   Reply With Quote