HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Predators\Panthers Prospect games, Sept 15-16

Old
09-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by vektorious View Post
I'll have a video of the entire game up soon.
AWESOME!!! Looking forward to it!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:16 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
Replica of Crosby's shootout goal in his first ever visit to MTL if you remember?
pretty much. no leg kick though

EDIT: very wrong he did two leg kicks resaw the video today.

Last edited by FinlandPanther: 09-16-2010 at 03:59 PM.
FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I've gotta assume a big part of that is that both Pickard and Lindback are pretty good at playing the puck and that if there's one common trait among our 6 defensemen in camp (besides the fact they're not all that big), it's gotta be that they're all known for their puck moving abilities.

Will be to see how Florida responds tomorrow. Shots were 21-8 in favor of the Preds after the first period, but finished with the Panthers out shooting the Predators by a 40-38 count at the end of 60 minutes...
Really cannot see how that is true.. Nashville was the better team tonight. Yes, your dmen all moved the puck very well, both goalies were solid, Pickard made nicer saves, but nothing went in so obviously no flaws. I really liked what I saw from Ellis, really gonna be a stud for you guys. Blum is so quick too, I really liked that about him, not that he's not fast but he is really quick if ya know what I mean.. I like both of em. I was expecting more from Watson, didn't really impress me too much, he is a big boy though. The game was won from the backend tonight, that's where all the goals came from..

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:57 PM
sabrefan27

Really hope Dadonov comes to his senses and stays in North America. He could really dominate the AHL this season and give himself a good opportunity to be an NHL regular sooner rather than later. Bolting for the KHL will just essentially end his NHL future.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 11:29 PM
BuddehJuS

Send a message via AIM to BuddehJuS
Quote:
As for the Nashville... Ellis and Blum are some STUDS..
Especially Ellis, though small, he was a major factor in the game. That ripper he let go with only 90 seconds into the game was impressive then the tip pass he sent for the second was a solid play as well. Also, I saw him directing players and really being a leader. He made me a fan.

As for Guds, he's not NHL-ready in my very humble opinion (only viewing one game too, haha), but if given time to develop, you'll have a rock on the back-end.

I had a good time, but I can't make tomorrow's game which makes me bummed.

BuddehJuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Crazy.. even the rookies remind the pro team

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddehJuS View Post
Especially Ellis, though small, he was a major factor in the game. That ripper he let go with only 90 seconds into the game was impressive then the tip pass he sent for the second was a solid play as well. Also, I saw him directing players and really being a leader. He made me a fan.

As for Guds, he's not NHL-ready in my very humble opinion (only viewing one game too, haha), but if given time to develop, you'll have a rock on the back-end.

I had a good time, but I can't make tomorrow's game which makes me bummed.
Yea I definitely prefer Ellis, and I agree about Guds.. He's gonna be awesome, but I want him to play another year in Juniors..

Old
09-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Really cannot see how that is true.. Nashville was the better team tonight. Yes, your dmen all moved the puck very well, both goalies were solid, Pickard made nicer saves, but nothing went in so obviously no flaws. I really liked what I saw from Ellis, really gonna be a stud for you guys. Blum is so quick too, I really liked that about him, not that he's not fast but he is really quick if ya know what I mean.. I like both of em. I was expecting more from Watson, didn't really impress me too much, he is a big boy though. The game was won from the backend tonight, that's where all the goals came from..
Thanks for the report. The stat was actually with the Panthers finishing the game with a 40-37 shot advantage. Obviously I wasn't there, but it comes straight from the Sun Sentinel article on the game...

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...fter-game.html

Old
09-15-2010, 11:54 PM
kivaerijo

i always thought ellis will be a captain some day.

curious as yo how he handled his size in the game. last year, i didnt think it was going to be an issue. this year in camp, i have seen him knocked down a couple times that i dont think he should have been. just curious..thanks

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:05 AM
BuddehJuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
i always thought ellis will be a captain some day.

curious as yo how he handled his size in the game. last year, i didnt think it was going to be an issue. this year in camp, i have seen him knocked down a couple times that i dont think he should have been. just curious..thanks
Yeah, he is still small. I read him to be 5'10, but he looked smaller then that. He has yet to fully grow into his body, but he's a heady player who can run a PP quite well. He was out for most of them which is understandable due to his offensive acumen. At the point, he did quite a good job of directing the play, even told a player who was out of position to get back into it. He impressed me, and I think the skill is there, but I don't know if he could handle someone like a Ryan Getzlaf or name any bigger sized forward in the western conference you want, and play any brand of physical defense.

Old
09-16-2010, 12:11 AM
BuddehJuS

Quote:
Yea I definitely prefer Ellis, and I agree about Guds.. He's gonna be awesome, but I want him to play another year in Juniors..
Yep, then a year or two in the 'A'. They say bigger guys take more time to develop, and I think it'd be smart to let him fully develop. I don't think you'll get lucky with him like you did with Kulikov.

By the way, was it just me or did Austin Watson really need to work on his skating?

Old
09-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Yep, then a year or two in the 'A'. They say bigger guys take more time to develop, and I think it'd be smart to let him fully develop. I don't think you'll get lucky with him like you did with Kulikov.

By the way, was it just me or did Austin Watson really need to work on his skating?
Austin Watson has shown a ton of raw talent thus far, but he still has two seasons of junior hockey left before he's eligible to start the year in the AHL. The Preds will bring him along at a slow pace for now. Biggest thing is actually adding about 25-30 lbs to his extremely lanky frame.

Anyone get any impressions of Latta (55), Bourque (57), or Roussel (54)?

Thanks!

Old
09-16-2010, 12:33 AM
DiPietrofan39

How did selleck look? Did he look out of place?

DiPietrofan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Yeah, he is still small. I read him to be 5'10, but he looked smaller then that. He has yet to fully grow into his body, but he's a heady player who can run a PP quite well. He was out for most of them which is understandable due to his offensive acumen. At the point, he did quite a good job of directing the play, even told a player who was out of position to get back into it. He impressed me, and I think the skill is there, but I don't know if he could handle someone like a Ryan Getzlaf or name any bigger sized forward in the western conference you want, and play any brand of physical defense.
I believe Ellis' actual height is 5'9", but boy can the kid play. He's going to have to work on his play away from the puck though, because that's pretty much what's holding him back. His offense and transition game is already NHL-ready. Heck, he could probably quarterback an NHL powerplay already. But unless he wants to be a career Marc-Andre Bergeron, it's his defense that could use some further work in junior/the minors.

As for Gudbranson, looks like I'll get to watch him one more season in Kingston. It's a bit bittersweet for me. On one hand, I get to watch him anchor my junior team's blueline for another season. On the other, I was hoping he'd crack the NHL.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

I just got here and good news... Markstrom is in net!!!

Old
09-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Foster is the other dressed goalie..

Old
09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
as always thanks for the updates Gudbransson4pres, hope to hear Marky kills it today

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
GR says Typepad is down so he'll keep updating everyone with twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/OnFrozenPond

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Already 2-0 Nashville...goals by Chris Mueller (@ 5:19) and Ryan Thang (@ 15:30)

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Already 2-0 Nashville...goals by Chris Mueller (@ 5:19) and Ryan Thang (@ 15:30)
I know the results are meaningless, but this is just another joke from this franchise.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:45 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I know the results are meaningless, but this is just another joke from this franchise.
To be fair, Nashville was recently ranked number 1 in terms of their prospect pool...you're basically playing an all-star rookie team, even with a few NCAA notables missing.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
To be fair, Nashville was recently ranked number 1 in terms of their prospect pool...you're basically playing an all-star rookie team, even with a few NCAA notables missing.
I don't care. We have prospects, too. I don't mind losing, but we've now been outscored 7-0, and lost a shootout, as well. It's a joke.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
well this sucks

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:48 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Are you kidding me!!? Is this a repeat of yesterday? Arrrghhh..

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

1st goal was a quick pass from behind the net and it squeaked through, looked like he was in position.. 2nd goal was a shot from the wing and went far side, should have been stopped.. He's making nice saves but seems like he let one in he'd like back..

Top lines are.

Howden-timmins-dadonov
Birkholz-jenks-McFarland

Guds-robak
Comrie-petro

McFarland and dadonov are clearly our best forwards..

Starting to think petrovic is the 2nd best of the 4 dmen. He's just as on the defensive side as guds but he's a lot more aggressive. Moves the puck well too.

Calla fought Latta.. Held his own, could tell he just wanted to be seen and he's not much of a fighter, was throwing hammerfists lol.

Howden has really shown his speed and his ability to help defensively but hasn't done much in the offensive zone.

TJ Fast has caught my eye as a capable dman and I think he will be solid for roch

Durocher has been the best player on the 3rd line

Oh yea, the new announcer I guess is practicing for the season here and I really like his style, feels more like a PA guy then a bar mitzvah dj lol

Will give more info after 2nd, hopefully we could get one.