HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

37th Obsequious Banter Thread: RICO Statue

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Flyskippy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Candy corn is ****ing delicious though.
I wholeheartedly agree. It just reminded me of his bit.

*adds candy corn to shopping list, hoping Acme has it in stock already*

Old
09-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. It just reminded me of his bit.

*adds candy corn to shopping list, hoping Acme has it in stock already*
I found it 3 weeks ago when I went to dinner at Cracker Barrel. I was so happy I almost pee'd myself. And Acme definitely should. Everywhere I go, places have their Halloween stuff out.

Old
09-15-2010, 02:28 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Candy corn is amazing ****. But yeah today, I might actually go outside . Going to the bank to deposit a check that was sent to me from Comcast for $57, woot. Probably going to get Dead Rising 2 with it.

Old
09-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
I found it 3 weeks ago when I went to dinner at Cracker Barrel. I was so happy I almost pee'd myself. And Acme definitely should. Everywhere I go, places have their Halloween stuff out.
*almost pees self*

Old
09-15-2010, 02:42 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

*vows to never stand beside Kambo or Skippy*

Old
09-15-2010, 02:44 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
We have like 3 different flavors of candy corn at my job. I'm thinking of trying some.

Old
09-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
*vows to never stand beside Kambo or Skippy*

Hey..! We made it.

Old
09-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Terence Peterman

Every Monday and Wednesday I've got a three and a half hour gap between my second to last class and my final class of the day.

I ****ing hate it. I've got no idea what to do with myself, and it's gonna drive me nuts this semester.

Old
09-15-2010, 04:03 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
Every Monday and Wednesday I've got a three and a half hour gap between my second to last class and my final class of the day.

I ****ing hate it. I've got no idea what to do with myself, and it's gonna drive me nuts this semester.
I would just save my reading for the final class if I were you.

Old
09-15-2010, 04:07 PM
agrudez*

Quote:

Go to the gym, unless you go to Rowan, then stay as far away from the gym as possible. It is waaaaay too crowded already.

Old
09-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I would just save my reading for the final class if I were you.
I don't really have reading for it though -- it's a film genre class (horror...don't ask me why it counts, but it does for an English elective). People also don't get it -- a bunch of them kept making comments through the first movie we watched (the Whales version of Frankenstein) and making statements about plot holes, ignoring the entire purpose of early horror movies.

My schedule also got ****ed in orifices of which it was previously unaware, so when it was finally set it was kinda run-n-gun as far as making sense. I just hate that nearly half the time I'm on campus is breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Go to the gym, unless you go to Rowan, then stay as far away from the gym as possible. It is waaaaay too crowded already.
I already do that closer to home on Tuesday and Thursday through the week (I commute to RU-C, the gym by my house is around the corner). I'm sure there's ways to efficiently use the time, but I hate being stuck on campus because I have a hard time doing work here.

Last edited by Terence Peterman: 09-15-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old
09-15-2010, 04:29 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
I don't really have reading for it though -- it's a film genre class (horror...don't ask me why it counts, but it does for an English elective). People also don't get it -- a bunch of them kept making comments through the first movie we watched (the Whales version of Frankenstein) and making statements about plot holes, ignoring the entire purpose of early horror movies.

My schedule also got ****ed in orifices of which it was previously unaware, so when it was finally set it was kinda run-n-gun as far as making sense. I just hate that nearly half the time I'm on campus is breaks.
Weak. I used to always go home in those kind of gaps, convinced that I'd make it back.

I rarely did.

Old
09-15-2010, 05:01 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
The NHL Network just was showing game 2 in of the 08 series vs the caps. They showed Richards and Dowd at the end laying into some guy. I miss Jimmy Dowd.

Old
09-15-2010, 05:06 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Woot, having steamed clams for dinner. **** YEAH!

And as a side note, raw oysters are tasty.

Old
09-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post

And as a side note, raw oysters are tasty.
Um, also the sky is blue?

Old
09-15-2010, 10:24 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Raw oysters are awful. The texture makes me want to puke.

Old
09-15-2010, 11:09 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post

Old
09-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Kambo

Quote:
Zeidner? I took that class. It was awesome. I had that on Tues/Thurs, and Lit of Horror on Mon/Wed/Fri. That was my favorite semester ever.

Quote:
I already do that closer to home on Tuesday and Thursday through the week (I commute to RU-C, the gym by my house is around the corner). I'm sure there's ways to efficiently use the time, but I hate being stuck on campus because I have a hard time doing work here.
Depending on how close you live, just go home. I was lucky enough that Pennsauken is a 10 minute drive from campus through the back streets, that I'd just go home. Hell, half the time I'd just go home for lunch break. If you're too far, make friends with someone if you notice they have the same break, or sit in Starbucks and do homework. That campus is pretty ****** though, as far as stuff to do though.

Old
09-16-2010, 10:08 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Raw oysters are awful. The texture makes me want to puke.
Never was a fan of oysters or clams.

Love Shrimp and Lobster, Crab is awesome, especially in Maryland.

Old
09-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Never was a fan of oysters or clams.

Love Shrimp and Lobster, Crab is awesome, especially in Maryland.
Aw, man, you're making me hungry. My palate is exactly the same. I love shrimp, lobster, and crab. Anything else from the sea, I'd throw back (or up).

*thinks of the Lean Cuisine waiting in the freezer*

*weeps*

Old
09-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Zeidner? I took that class. It was awesome. I had that on Tues/Thurs, and Lit of Horror on Mon/Wed/Fri. That was my favorite semester ever.
I've got Sorrento. He seems like a pretty cool dude and I think it'll get better, but it's not hard to spot the *******s in a class like that.

Quote:
Depending on how close you live, just go home. I was lucky enough that Pennsauken is a 10 minute drive from campus through the back streets, that I'd just go home. Hell, half the time I'd just go home for lunch break. If you're too far, make friends with someone if you notice they have the same break, or sit in Starbucks and do homework. That campus is pretty ****** though, as far as stuff to do though.
I'm about 25 minutes...and I'd be going home during rush hour traffic, so it's really not worth it. I'm in the midst of figuring out stuff to do though, so I'm hoping each week gets better.

Old
09-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Flyskippy

Quote:
I've got Sorrento. He seems like a pretty cool dude and I think it'll get better, but it's not hard to spot the *******s in a class like that.

I'm about 25 minutes...and I'd be going home during rush hour traffic, so it's really not worth it. I'm in the midst of figuring out stuff to do though, so I'm hoping each week gets better.
It'd be good practice for when you're working like the rest of us.

Old
09-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Kambo

[QUOTE=Rick Blaine;27800853]I've got Sorrento. He seems like a pretty cool dude and I think it'll get better, but it's not hard to spot the *******s in a class like that.

No idea who he is. It's a shame though, cause I actually enjoyed my film classes, and there's always a handful of those ********** who are just in it to sleep or watch movies for an hour, and never know what's going on during discussions.

Quote:
You've always got the mall or **** like that. It's not too far, even if there is traffic. Or you can always just walk to the Victor and drink or get something to eat.

Old
09-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
It'd be good practice for when you're working like the rest of us.
Hahaha...doing it isn't a problem. I'm a slow mover in the morning and tend to get out the door late, so getting there in that time's not tough. But if I can avoid the stress, I will

Quote:
No idea who he is. It's a shame though, cause I actually enjoyed my film classes, and there's always a handful of those ********** who are just in it to sleep or watch movies for an hour, and never know what's going on during discussions.

You've always got the mall or **** like that. It's not too far, even if there is traffic. Or you can always just walk to the Victor and drink or get something to eat.
I know he's been there at least a couple semesters, and between our age difference he might have come in right around when you left. I didn't think about the mall, and I've been curious about the Victor when I've been walking back down to the lot because I turned 21 in August. Thanks.

Old
09-16-2010, 12:15 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1467
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010...er-airline-job

Quote:
After decades as the frontman of Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickinson has a new second job – in middle management. The English singer has been named marketing director of Astraeus, a Gatwick-based charter airline, where he has worked as a pilot for several years.

The announcement at the bottom of the Astraeus website makes it sound like just another corporate position. "With the rapid growth in the business we have increased our commercial team," the statement reads. "Bruce Dickinson as our marketing director, [and] Claire Ronson has now moved to sales and marketing to support our sales team." They don't even give Dickinson his own sentence, spilling more words on new product and planning head, Seb Pelissier.

Closed Thread