HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators\Panthers Prospect games, Sept 15-16

Old
09-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Great8Cam

vCash: 500
Markie should've stopped all 4 GAA. Foster looked better than Markie when all was said and done. Foster did so much better than I thought he would. UNH is Olympic ice and he was able to handle the much smaller and faster game than I thought he could.

McFarland and Dadanov continue to be the best. Guds was no big deal, but for the fight. He has alot to show if he wants to make it this year.

Most of these guys, almost everyone of them, need more time to develop. This is based upon the 2 games and the team practice.

The following should be in camp: McFarland, Dadanov (obvious pick, he was 2 heads and 5 shoulders above all other Panthers), Comrie, Howden, Berger, Timmins, Rintoul and Durocher (both played hard today and were noticeable so maybe an invite), Guds, and probably Fast and Robak. The 3 goalies as well.

The rest don't have any reason to be here yet. Maybe Jenks also.

Petrovic did not play the man well at all on the 2nd goal (I think it was the 2nd goal) and he just wasn't impressive enough to get an invite, but I'm sure they will give it anyway.

The rest are not ready for this level, and a stretch for those who are AHL eligible.

Great8Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 02:14 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great8Cam View Post
Markie should've stopped all 4 GAA. Foster looked better than Markie when all was said and done. Foster did so much better than I thought he would. UNH is Olympic ice and he was able to handle the much smaller and faster game than I thought he could.

McFarland and Dadanov continue to be the best. Guds was no big deal, but for the fight. He has alot to show if he wants to make it this year.

Most of these guys, almost everyone of them, need more time to develop. This is based upon the 2 games and the team practice.

The following should be in camp: McFarland, Dadanov (obvious pick, he was 2 heads and 5 shoulders above all other Panthers), Comrie, Howden, Berger, Timmins, Rintoul and Durocher (both played hard today and were noticeable so maybe an invite), Guds, and probably Fast and Robak. The 3 goalies as well.

Petrovic did not play the man well at all on the 2nd goal (I think it was the 2nd goal) and he just wasn't impressive enough to get an invite, but I'm sure they will give it anyway.

The rest are not ready for this level, and a stretch for those who are AHL eligible.
Could you elaborate on Rintoul's play a bit? I don't know much about him and why he should stay.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:

I agree, I was very impressed with Foster.. As for markie, I'm wondering if he has some sort of nagging injury and just wanted to play because he didn't look like himself..

Have to disagree with Rintoul, I thought he was the worst player out there, aside from Calla.. Turnover after turnover..

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Great8Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
I agree, I was very impressed with Foster.. As for markie, I'm wondering if he has some sort of nagging injury and just wanted to play because he didn't look like himself..

Have to disagree with Rintoul, I thought he was the worst player out there, aside from Calla.. Turnover after turnover..
Rintoul, only because he was trying to be in the play and he was noticeable. Not because he has the skills to make the Bigs yet. I just liked the way he gave alot more effort than most. That also could be why he gave away the puck as well. But his effort will probably get him an invite to camp compared to some of the rest. He will be cut pretty quickly though.

Old
09-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Great8Cam

As for Markie - I didn't see anything to give away a nagging injury but you never can tell. He was tracking the puck pretty well and then all of a sudden it was in.

In practice I see that he has amazingly quick feet and he makes remarkable micro adjustments on his skates. His angles are really good.

Old
09-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
As for Markie - I didn't see anything to give away a nagging injury but you never can tell. He was tracking the puck pretty well and then all of a sudden it was in.

In practice I see that he has amazingly quick feet and he makes remarkable micro adjustments on his skates. His angles are really good.
Well, according to report he didnt play yesterday because of a minor injury

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Great8Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
Well, according to report he didnt play yesterday because of a minor injury
I know, and Pete said it was minor, but I didn't see that as the issue today.

Old
09-16-2010, 04:18 PM
PanthersRule96

I'm actually glad Markie gave up several goals today because as hyped as he is and as awesome as he may be, you don't just waltz into the NHL and overtake a goalie like Vokoun as a rookie, no matter how good you are. Vokie is the starter and will be unless he's traded and even if Markstrom plays out of his mind, as Roaddogg said before, we'll be fortunate if turns out that Markstom in nets results in a lateral move to Vokoun being in net. That's talking about down the road too, not now IMO.

As it sounds, Guds needs time to develop. Some of those guys in the video are brutal btw and a couple of the shootout attempts last night were amateurish at best. The level of play at a rookie camp like this is a far-cry from the NHL and probably even from the AHL level.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post

Some of those guys in the video are brutal btw and a couple of the shootout attempts last night were amateurish at best.
Comries attempt was hilarious though.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 04:58 PM
vektorious

I don't have any video of today's game (( I had to be in school...sucks I would have loved to see Gudbranson's fight...Overall though the game last night was frustrating to watch as a panthers fan...we still have NO OFFENSE

vektorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Hip to be Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektorious View Post
I don't have any video of today's game (( I had to be in school...sucks I would have loved to see Gudbranson's fight...Overall though the game last night was frustrating to watch as a panthers fan...we still have NO OFFENSE
Nothing to see there. All nsh again, 5-1. Durocher, i believe, scored our only goal.

Hip to be Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Boooooth10

Guds fight is on the panthers website

http://video.panthers.nhl.com/videoc...d=723&id=75436

Starts around the 4min mark

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 08:29 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

well, the way i see it is after nashvilles first 10 goals it was all us

did you see that breakaway mcfarland had where he blew by the defenseman. the kid has serious skills. im looking forward to his development over the next couple of years.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
well, the way i see it is after nashvilles first 10 goals it was all us

did you see that breakaway mcfarland had where he blew by the defenseman. the kid has serious skills. im looking forward to his development over the next couple of years.
On that note, a tidbit in GR's latest blog cites Bill Torrey as saying the Panthers will have a week long prospect development camp next summer, something a few of us noted was missing this summer, particularly with all the prospects the team has suddenly.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...ing-style.html

09-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post

Looked like Petrovic had a bad day defensively tbqh.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 06:57 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Have just watched the highlights, but McFarland looked very good. He has some sick skill and speed. Those two shootout atemps were wicked.

Disapointing to lose both games that much, sounded like it was much closer (atleast game 1).

Can't wait for the season to start.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post

McFarland has got some wheels! Impressive on that one rush in that video.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:23 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
McFarland has got some wheels! Impressive on that one rush in that video.
He looks really good. Nice hands too. I think that could be the pick that has the most offensive impact from that draft class. His shootout attempt was better than most of our NHL guys.

Also looks like we have a ton of right handed players.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 03:11 PM
PanthersFanatic12

Really like what markstrom said about his performance last game (video on the panthers site) . He acknowlegded he didnt play like he wanted, and that its not acceptable even if its just a rookie game. He also said he really wants to win and wants to impress management. GR tried to tell him now the real training camp starts now trying to play down what happened in rookie camp. Markstrom didnt play it down , he said he always wants to win no matter if it counts or not. This kind of attitude I think will make him have a successful career.

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
He looks really good. Nice hands too. I think that could be the pick that has the most offensive impact from that draft class. His shootout attempt was better than most of our NHL guys.

Also looks like we have a ton of right handed players.
If he has more offensive impact than Bjugstad, we're going to be in very good shape.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote