HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Footage of Predators vs. Panthers Prospect game (9/15/2010)

Old
09-16-2010, 12:50 AM
vektorious

vCash: 500
Footage of Predators vs. Panthers Prospect game (9/15/2010)

Hey guys, got back from the prospect game just a few hours ago...I thought I would share these videos on your board as well as I know there has got to be Predators fans dieing to get a chance to see the prospects in action. You guys have some really impressive talent. I was very impressed with Ellis and Blum especially. Ellis shot a slapshot from the blue line in the first period with no traffic and sniped the goalie....He is very skilled. I got some great footage of the entire game and I will have all 3 periods up soon for you all to watch. I actually got very lucky and won the Florida Panther's Foundation raffle that you got for the 5 $ donation! It was really my lucky day! Well, there was a big hit that happened towards the end of the third period that really reminded me of the Mike Richards/David Booth open ice collision that we all remember so well. The hit was by Florida Panther's prospect Chris Clackson on Nashville Predator's prospect Linus Klasen. This was an unfortunate event but it was noteworthy and I decided to upload this clip first because it was the easiest to find in between everything. I have the Clackson fight in the first period as well. I recorded all 3 periods and maybe missed 30 seconds of action during the whole game because I had to go redeem my prize from the raffle.

Video of Clackson/Klasen open ice collision :

However, that was the second time Chris Clackson drew blood during the game tonight. He got into a fight with Ryan Flynn early in the first period :

He definitely was noticed tonight....

Here is the entire game (I am uploading it and editing the thread as I get finished editing/uploading the video)

First Period 1/2 :

First Period 2/2 :

Second Period 1/2 :

Second Period 2/2 :

Third Period 1/2 :

Third Period 2/2 :

Shootout :

Here is what I won in the raffle :

I took my little brother to the game and he will get to ride the zamboni at the first preseason game! Here he is holding our new signed Erik Gudbranson puck!

Here is the unfortunate score at the end of the game :

More to come, Ill update the thread as I get done editing and uploading video...

Last edited by vektorious: 09-16-2010 at 03:17 PM.
vektorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 01:08 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

The hit on Klasen looked a little dirty, elbow to the face is what i saw. Klasen is one of my favorite prospects and I was looking forward to seeing him play. To bad now

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 01:13 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
The hit on Klasen looked a little dirty, elbow to the face is what i saw. Klasen is one of my favorite prospects and I was looking forward to seeing him play. To bad now
There is no one defending it. It was a very dirty play. Blindside hits to the head are one of the points of emphasis for this season. Florida fans aren't going to defend Clackson after going through what they did last season with the Mike Richards hit to the head of David Booth.

Watch the first half of the first period video. At the 2:24 mark Clackson tries to hit Klasen. Linus avoids the hit, but Clackson sticks his knee out and makes contact. Flynn immediately went over and fought him. Clackson was penalized for that. I don't believe he was penalized for the third period head shot though...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 01:16 AM
predfan24

For those wondering starting right after 10:50 on the first video shows a good display of Klasen's dangles. Guy has sick hands. Also Ellis, Holy **** what a shot for the first goal. That was one of those I don't even need no stinking screen or any teammates I'm just gonna step right over the blueline and blast it right by you and there isn't a damn thing your gonna do about.

Last edited by predfan24: 09-16-2010 at 01:21 AM.
predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 01:24 AM
vektorious

Second Period 1/2 :

Thats all for tonight guys, I gotta get to class at 9 am! I will have the second half of the second period up tomorrow afternoon as well as the entire 3rd period and the shootout!

By the way, I think it was definitely a dirty hit and there is no place in this game for hits like that. There was no need for that hit as the player already shot the puck and when you blind side someone like that with a shoulder to the head at those speeds you know you are going to injure someone badly.... Great show put on by the Predators prospects!!! You guys have a really exciting future!

Old
09-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektorious View Post
Thats all for tonight guys, I gotta get to class at 9 am! I will have the second half of the second period up tomorrow afternoon as well as the entire 3rd period and the shootout!

By the way, I think it was definitely a dirty hit and there is no place in this game for hits like that. There was no need for that hit as the player already shot the puck and when you blind side someone like that with a shoulder to the head at those speeds you know you are going to injure someone badly.... Great show put on by the Predators prospects!!! You guys have a really exciting future!
Thank you very much for the video(s)!!!

Are you going to be at the game tomorrow afternoon or will you be in class? Either way, it's been a great treat tonight! Thanks!

Old
09-16-2010, 01:38 AM
vektorious

I will be in class I really wanted to see markstrom in action as well ((( No problem man...When I won the raffle all the filming and editing was well worth it haha, I felt like I deserved it haha!

take care guys!

Old
09-16-2010, 01:40 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektorious View Post
I will be in class I really wanted to see markstrom in action as well ((( No problem man...When I won the raffle all the filming and editing was well worth it haha, I felt like I deserved it haha!

take care guys!
No problem. Thanks again for tonight's video! Heading to bed myself. Good night!

Old
09-16-2010, 03:15 AM
OpenWheel

Thanks for the video, much appreciated! Not some grainy looking wobbly stuff from the typical cell phone either, haha, but very well done. I'm going to watch all of it, very excited about being able to see the prospects. TY again.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 09-16-2010 at 03:23 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 06:41 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

That Ellis goal was crazy...unscreened, 25 feet out...just basically blew it through the goalie. What a shot.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Jarnberg

Thanks vektorious for all your work on editing and sharing these videos with us.

Jarnberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 08:42 AM
hatedandproud

Thanks for the footage vektorius.

Let's hope that cheap-shotting goon never sniffs the big league.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 01:35 PM
bananaslug

After watching the game, blum really stood out. he made it look so easy, in the entire game I only saw him make one mistake. I think it was in the second he thought the forward was going to cut inside but drove wide and blum was caught flat footed but still didn't get beat wide.

Other than that he seemed to be on a different level than everyone else and it looked like he should have had the primary assist on the second goal.

Other guys like ellis and josie looked good too but in streaks and not quite as solid defensively as blum. If ellis can get more of those slapshots off I can't wait to see him in nashville though

bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 03:18 PM
vektorious

Just finished uploading the second half of the third period! Also got the shootout up there! Enjoy guys!

Third Period 2/2 :

Shootout :

Old
09-16-2010, 04:34 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Great read by Ellis on his goal to step up and pick that pass off in the neutral zone. He played a good game overall, but he looked pretty helpless in the corners.

Roussel reminds me of Klein. Tremendous tools, awful decision making. He likes to get involved in the offense, which is good, but he has to be smarter about when he moves up on the attack. Josi is probably a good example for him to follow.

Watson telegraphs everything he does. If you watch him with the puck, it's like he's playing in 3/4 time: read, beat, pass - read, beat, shot - read, beat, check, etc. Not that it's a serious problem, it just irritated me that he took as long as he did to make decisions with the puck. He unquestionably has a long way to go, but I doubt anyone was expecting him to make an immediate impact.

Josi and Blum were the best players on the ice for either team, IMO. Blum could make the team out of camp if he keeps up the form he had last night. Josi will likely go to Milwaukee either way, but he should still see at least 20 games or so with the big club.

Klasen has excellent hands and made some really good plays in tight spaces last night. Hopefully he's not too shaken up from that hit by Clackson.

The guy who really stood out to me was Gabriel Bourque. He's lightning fast, he's strong on his skates, and pays attention to the little things. He may not have the skill to be a prolific scorer at this level, but having a guy like that on the PK will be a huge boost.

Beck and Latta played well, both are physical, but Beck's skating issues become evident in a head-to-head comparison. He's the better offensive player of the two, but he could be relegated to middle six duty if he can't shake the blocks off his feet.

Flynn also surprised me. He got a couple of nice opportunities to score, including one where he bolted in off the boards with the puck. Very solid defensive forward. He might be a player to keep an eye on in the AHL this year.

Was not very impressed with Chris Mueller at all. Santorelli didn't show much to convince me that he will ever live up to the numbers he put up in Chilliwack. Nothing about Geoffrion really stood out to me, although he scored a nice goal on a one-timer. Thang may as well have been in the bleachers.

Both goalies were solid. Pickard really bailed us out a couple of times.

Florida had a couple of players that kept getting themselves on the puck, particularly Dadonov, who looked pretty good. Gudbranson is a bit raw, but he'll be another defensive stud for the Cats. Petrovic showed some flashes, as well. Their goalie was absolutely brutal, though.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 09-16-2010 at 04:49 PM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Boooooth10

Im just wondering something. How long have most of your rookies played together? For most of our guys this is their first time playing together. They're all mostly from the '10 draft.
Your team was just so efficient with the puck.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 06:19 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't see how Blum doesn't make the team this season.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 06:22 PM
fielding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Im just wondering something. How long have most of your rookies played together? For most of our guys this is their first time playing together. They're all mostly from the '10 draft.
Your team was just so efficient with the puck.
I looked at the roster and only a few played with each other in the AHL last year, w/ Blum being the most notable one. I know Latta and Beck played together on Guelph for a year or two. Ellis and Watson played together for Windsor.

I think there is a lot of seasoning amonst our rookies. Josi has been playing in the Swiss pro league for a a few years now and would have been on the Swiss olympic team if not for an injury. Geoffrion, Thang, and Flynn played 4 years of college w/ Geoffrion winning the Hobey Baker award. Klasen has been playing in the SEL and is like 25 or 26 yrs. old.

I think Austin Watson was the only player we had playing from the 2010 draft.
Ellis, Roussel,Beck, Latta, and Bourque are all from the 2009 draft.

fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 07:07 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Swedish "news site" Aftonbladet.se have taken stills from your video and put it up on their website. I'm assuming they haven't asked for permission so SUE! SUE! SUE! SUE! SUE!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle7793629.ab

EDIT: Or maybe they are allowed to do that, seeing as you have put it up on youtube and all. Probably.

Last edited by bottomofthefoodchain: 09-16-2010 at 07:20 PM.
bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielding View Post
I looked at the roster and only a few played with each other in the AHL last year, w/ Blum being the most notable one. I know Latta and Beck played together on Guelph for a year or two. Ellis and Watson played together for Windsor.

I think there is a lot of seasoning amonst our rookies. Josi has been playing in the Swiss pro league for a a few years now and would have been on the Swiss olympic team if not for an injury. Geoffrion, Thang, and Flynn played 4 years of college w/ Geoffrion winning the Hobey Baker award. Klasen has been playing in the SEL and is like 25 or 26 yrs. old.

I think Austin Watson was the only player we had playing from the 2010 draft.
Ellis, Roussel,Beck, Latta, and Bourque are all from the 2009 draft.
Ah thanks. Right after I posted that one of our beat writers put up an article. One thing he mentioned was that some of your rookies have played together in development camps for 3 years.

But you guys have one hell of a team. Blum will be very fun to watch if he makes the NHL squad this year.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 07:56 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I don't see how Blum doesn't make the team this season.
I see call ups, but I think it's expecting a lot for him to surpass not only Sulzer(which I think he already has\could in skill), but then also Parent and Franson(one way deals) and Aaron Johnson(two way deal, but has been largely an 18-20 minute NHL defenseman for the past several years). I think Blum's game is NHL-ready now from an offensive standpoint, but I think the organization wants him to round out his defensive game and continue to get stronger. Reports from Milwaukee last season were that he needed to work on those two things. No need to rush him.

Old
09-17-2010, 08:33 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think him playing this year would be rushing him. I also think defensively, he's already better than Franson. Actually all around I think he's better than Franson, and I like Franson. Sulzer on the other hand, is probably make or break this camp.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:58 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I don't think him playing this year would be rushing him. I also think defensively, he's already better than Franson. Actually all around I think he's better than Franson, and I like Franson. Sulzer on the other hand, is probably make or break this camp.
I definitely agree..but I think there's zero chance Franson spends any time in Milwaukee this year, and very little chance for Parent. I don't doubt that Blum probably could play in the NHL right now...I just think we have the luxury of time.

Old
09-17-2010, 10:27 AM
darth5
No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I definitely agree..but I think there's zero chance Franson spends any time in Milwaukee this year, and very little chance for Parent. I don't doubt that Blum probably could play in the NHL right now...I just think we have the luxury of time.
Mostly agree with this-- little chance Franson is sent down, more likely to be a scratch. I do think Blum may get a callup this year, as will Josi, but I could be surprised during camp-- stranger things have happened.

I expect Sulzer either solidifies a roster slot in camp or gets traded/released to return to Germany. Too much talent here in NA for him to occupy salary and a roster slot on the blueline.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Nshpred87

Heard a rumor around training camp today that Clackson was let go from Florida after the hits he made.

Nshpred87 is offline   Reply With Quote