HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ROOKIE GAME: Flyers vs. Capitals at Arlington, VA -- Thursday, 09/16/10, 3:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-17-2010, 12:56 PM
  #126
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
[/B]

I really dont know what to say about this.
good grief.
you can say whatever you like. Is there something with what i said you dont disagre with?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:00 PM
  #127
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,678
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
you can say whatever you like. Is there something with what i said you dont disagre with?
you never have anything nice to say about any of our prospects. all you do is bash them. not saying we have a great prospect pool. But to say we have no prospects who wont cut it in the NHL? completely off base.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:03 PM
  #128
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
you never have anything nice to say about any of our prospects. all you do is bash them. not saying we have a great prospect pool. But to say we have no prospects who wont cut it in the NHL? completely off base.
Well I give my opinion which doesnt paint a rosey collored picture. I never said they dont have any prospects who wont cut it in the nhl. I said of those i mentioned, all of them will not make it like many seem to think. I am one of the fee people who liek Nodl. so there i said somethign nice.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:08 PM
  #129
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,678
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Well I give my opinion which doesnt paint a rosey collored picture. I never said they dont have any prospects who wont cut it in the nhl. I said of those i mentioned, all of them will not make it like many seem to think. I am one of the fee people who liek Nodl. so there i said somethign nice.
your picture of the Flyers organization is a **** colored one.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:11 PM
  #130
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I'm not getting it.

Bob let in 3 goals in 2 periods against non-AHL competition, but everyone is saying he did well. This doesn't jive with everyone saying our skaters played well too.


I am lost.
It was actually 2 goals in 2 periods... on 30 shots. And it seems like the first goal was fluky and the second was a heavily screened slapper on the PP.

0.933 SVPCT is good no matter who you're playing.

I haven't heard anyone say our skaters played very well, btw. I have heard that Bob was the only reason we didn't get blown out (evidenced by the 2 goals let up in the 3rd when he wasn't in) and that Bourdon+Testuwide were our best skaters.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:15 PM
  #131
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
your picture of the Flyers organization is a **** colored one.
still doesnt change the facts though.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:17 PM
  #132
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,678
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
still doesnt change the facts though.
what facts are those? that most people on this board think you make little sense at all?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:31 PM
  #133
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
It was actually 2 goals in 2 periods... on 30 shots. And it seems like the first goal was fluky and the second was a heavily screened slapper on the PP.

0.933 SVPCT is good no matter who you're playing.
Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I haven't heard anyone say our skaters played very well, btw. I have heard that Bob was the only reason we didn't get blown out (evidenced by the 2 goals let up in the 3rd when he wasn't in) and that Bourdon+Testuwide were our best skaters.
I just took it as being implied the way certain people's confidence in our prospect pool was bolstered by the result of the game. To be honest I have only skimmed the thread, so I probably don't have a good feel for the general sentiment of the board, just one or two posters.

I did just watch the Capitols high lights though. It looked like Bourdon was doing his thing a little bit.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 02:04 PM
  #134
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,516
vCash: 500
I would expect guys like Testuide and Bourdon and company to have a better game than say Ranford who is 18. I'd like to hear how the youngsters did.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 02:21 PM
  #135
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
what facts are those? that most people on this board think you make little sense at all?
I am glad most people think i make little sense. Makes me feel that much better. Just reinforces what i already know.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 07:40 PM
  #136
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
I am glad most people think i make little sense. Makes me feel that much better. Just reinforces what i already know.
The whole world is crazy and you're the only one that sees straight?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:28 PM
  #137
Viller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
still doesnt change the facts though.
Facts =/= your opinion.

Ive never seen you say anything positive about anything, simple as that.

Your like the ****** co-worker everyone avoids at work.

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:29 PM
  #138
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
You will rarely if ever have 7 out of 10 prospects make it, that is foolish to think otherwise.
Duh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
If you have 2 guys from each draft become nhl regular players that is a successful draft.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
You will be proven wrong as you seem to think Maroon,
Maroon has NHL potential, but not extreme NHL potential. He's hit or completely miss at this point. Even if he hits, he's Knuble at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Nodl,
I see him becoming a great third liner with 30~ points a year with great forechecking and solid defensively play. Even if he doesn't achieve that here, he will likely somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Marshall,
Parent-esque with a mean streak and without injury problems. Let's hope he doesn't blow out like Parent did because of injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Gustfson,
*Gustafsson

He's a huge hit or miss. He's got offensive potential like so many other defenseman. Is that a Kimmo Timonen or a Randy Jones? Big swing in either direction. Right now, without much to witness, I'm hoping for somewhere in the middle. He's much more deliberate and calm with the puck compared to Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
testicles,
Maroon, without offensive talent. That's what I've seen so far anyway. I need to see more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
the finnish dman,
Lehtivuori? I think he's kind of small. He will either be a #3/#4 version of Kimmo Timonen or he will wash out to Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
both goalies,
Eriksson right now is ****ing awesome.
Bobrovsky is playing like a champ so far.

You always want to be cautious with goalie prospects, but right now, there is absolutely no reason to be down on either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
and i may be missing a player or 2 will all be nhl players(at least that is my take, correct me if i am wrong).
Wellwood? Bartulis? Bourdon? Pither? Bertilsson, who you love for some reason? You're missing quite a few quality prospects on your list. Remember, quality prospect does not always mean a quality NHLer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
They wont. I dont see the prospect pool like you do at all.
I don't think all will. I think we have a good shot with Maroon if he gets a legitimate shot. I think we have an even better shot with Nodl to become what I said he'd become. And I think one of our goalies, or maybe both, have a real shot.

I think if we get two more than those three to turn into quality NHLers, I'll be thrilled. I'm not so sure it'll happen.

CS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:31 PM
  #139
Viller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
I am glad most people think i make little sense. Makes me feel that much better. Just reinforces what i already know.
Wich is?

So your not only retarded but full of yourself, quite the combination.

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 09:39 AM
  #140
Donny Brook
\_-------o [XXX]
 
Donny Brook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
And now...for a change of pace, back to the OT. Rookie game now posted at the Caps site by peroid:

http://video.capitals.nhl.com/videoc...d=809&id=75454


Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 01:23 PM
  #141
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,678
vCash: 50
who got the goals for the Flyers rookies?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 01:28 PM
  #142
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
who got the goals for the Flyers rookies?
Here ya go.
Quote:
SCORING
1st Period
C - 4:30 - Stanislav Galiev, assists Dustin Stevenson, Marcus Johansson. (E)
2nd Period
F - 7:55 - Ben Holmstrom, assist Mike Testwuide. (E)
C - 11:00 - Josh Godfrey, assist Cody Eakin. (PPG)
3rd Period
C - 3:58 - Josh Godfrey (2), assists Dmitry Kugryshev, Marcus Johansson. (PPG)
F - 5:17 - Eric Wellwood, assists Tye McGinn, Erik Gustafsson. (PPG)
F - 15:25 - Marc-Andre Bourdon, assist Ricard Blidstrand. (E)
C - 18:44 - Cody Eakin, unassisted. (E

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 01:30 PM
  #143
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,678
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Here ya go.
cool, thanks

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.