HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Cody Hodgson Discussion

Old
09-17-2010, 03:53 PM
King of Anarchy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Hodgson has been cleared to play as per Team 1040; will be skating in 'Group C' today, which is the 'coming off injured' and 'house-leaguer' group apparently.
It's too early to get excited, but I'm happy with any good news at this point.

King of Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I doubt he is going to make it, our team is simply too deep for rookies to crack in now.
I disagree-- If all goes great, Cody Hodgson could potentially be the piece that pushes us over the top.

At worse, he won't, and we might sit him out for the playoffs.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Cocoa Crisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Is it your operating assumption that Axe Hair Gel will result in a bevvy of beautiful young co-eds chasing you around the local supermarket?
Wait... You mean that's happening to me and it has nothing to do with my hair product?

Cocoa Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 04:45 PM
VanEric

Its weird that I was just in the store today looking for some hair product and I was looking at the cool hip AXE hair products. They were like twice the price as the rest of the stuff yet people must be buying them.

What do people expect it to do to their hair for twice the price? Magically transform it into Tom Brady's hair?

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 04:50 PM
LeftCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Its weird that I was just in the store today looking for some hair product and I was looking at the cool hip AXE hair products. They were like twice the price as the rest of the stuff yet people must be buying them.

What do people expect it to do to their hair for twice the price? Magically transform it into Tom Brady's hair?
If I had hair, I might consider cool, hip hair products.

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Proto

Quote:

I was going to make a sarcastic comment, but I pay $25 for a small little jar of the stuff that I use

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 07:15 PM
quat

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
The law in this area is pretty clear.
Sure ... happy to take your word on these matters.

My post was meant to suggest that your question about intention, was overly simplified. ie: either the Canucks intended to mislead fans or they did not... rather than the more realistic topic of whether or not they felt Hodgson might conceivably make the prospects roster, which Lush answered in his post.

And to be clear, I thought your question was a fair one, and I was interested in reading Lush's response ... but also felt that you might ignore the greater topic to simply stick with your fairly simple black/white query.

YMMV

quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 07:17 PM
quat

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:

It's the difficulty of gathering panther sweat that kicks the price up. That and the advertising.

quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat View Post
Sure ... happy to take your word on these matters.

My post was meant to suggest that your question about intention, was overly simplified. ie: either the Canucks intended to mislead fans or they did not... rather than the more realistic topic of whether or not they felt Hodgson might conceivably make the prospects roster, which Lush answered in his post.

And to be clear, I thought your question was a fair one, and I was interested in reading Lush's response ... but also felt that you might ignore the greater topic to simply stick with your fairly simple black/white query.

YMMV
Intention is immaterial as the quote I provided sets out.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Intention is immaterial as the quote I provided sets out.
Judging from the logic you use, the Canucks could be sued every time Luongo sits on the bench if he happens to appear in an advertisement to buy tickets for that game.

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Dana Murzyn

Quote:
“Mr. Vigneault calls it the way he sees it, and I'm looking forward to earning his respect this year, and the years that follow,” Hodgson said. “He's a great coach for a reason, and we've had many talks. He seems like a good man.”
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1713060/

Dana Murzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:00 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Murzyn View Post

Quote:
“I don't look back. I don't blame anybody. I just want to get going,”

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Alan Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Murzyn View Post
The kid is all class. I hope he becomes the player we all want him to become. Whatever happened in the past, can stay there. I'm looking forward to seeing Hodgson in a Canucks uniform, hopefully sooner than later.

Alan Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:12 PM
VanEric

I like how he calls him "Mr. Vigneault." Not on an "AV" basis yet!

Old
09-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Bobby Lu

Yay now no one can bring up this rift garbage

Bobby Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:20 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
All I've wanted all along was for Hodgson himself to comment on the situation. I've never supported a rift theory, more that the franchise is sketchy regarding information on the subject, and thus it would be better for fans and media to talk to Hodgson himself.

I mean, essentially, what just happened, that little 'tweet' was exactly all I wanted, a few comments from Hodgson. The only people appearing radical are people like yourself, acting as if I want something completely out of line with reality.
Here you go:

http://communities.canada.com/VANCOU...anscribed.aspx

Quote:
Q. How's the relationship between yourself and the hockey club?

A. It's been good. We've been in constant communication all year. Many meetings and constant contact with them. I trust the medical staff and the training staff here and we're really progressing nicely.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:22 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
haha. i've noticed this as well, watching his comments on TSN earlier today. it's Mr.Vigneault and Mr.Gillis, etc. to him. it's actually slightly offputting to be honest. seems a little impersonal... maybe there's a rift!

seriously though, it is kinda weird. but i don't see any reason to read into it beyond a little chuckle.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Jobal

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
haha. i've noticed this as well, watching his comments on TSN earlier today. it's Mr.Vigneault and Mr.Gillis, etc. to him. it's actually slightly offputting to be honest. seems a little impersonal... maybe there's a rift!

seriously though, it is kinda weird. but i don't see any reason to read into it beyond a little chuckle.
I call my elders Mr. too. I like it!

Jobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:26 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Judging from the logic you use, the Canucks could be sued every time Luongo sits on the bench if he happens to appear in an advertisement to buy tickets for that game.
Well said...wetcoaster constant reptition is starting to get very old.....and he used to have such good posts...but now he is on spin cycle...

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post

I'm sure after camp is done, he'll be calling them by name. He's clearly a guy who doesn't treat himself like a first round pick. He's just another rookie here trying to make the team.

Just keep him away from Mr. O'Brien.

Old
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Damn straight.

Quote:
So do I. He has respect for his coach and doesn't act or talk at all like a hockey bro, which is something that really irks me about hockey players.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Nope.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:28 PM
rune74

Hmmm what will wet coaster do now...rift patrol, assemble!

rune74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:32 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Anyone who played up the rift angle did so from a position close enough to the fence that they can now wash their hands of their comments and the inferences they drew, from who knows where, as if they were right all along

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:32 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
So do I. He has respect for his coach and doesn't act or talk at all like a hockey bro, which is something that really irks me about hockey players.
One of the weirdest instances of this was when the Canucks were playing Phoenix last year and they interviewed Jovanovski at the intermission and he was referring to Luongo as "Lui."

I had to scratch my brain to remember that they played on a couple Team Canadas together but its still weird.