HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guy Lafleur's son arrested again

Old
09-17-2010, 12:58 PM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Guy Lafleur's son arrested again

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...941/story.html

Quote:
Mark Lafleur, the troubled son of hockey legend Guy Lafleur on probation for past convictions of assault his former girlfriend, was arrested Wednesday night in connection with a domestic violence call in Blainville. He was released, with an order to appear at the St. Jérôme courthouse on Dec. 14, his lawyer Mia Manocchio said.
Its unfortunate. I was hard on Lafleur before for lying for his son because I felt that it was poor parenting. That he wasn't teaching his son anything by lying for him.

I wonder how rich Lafleur is? I know he played before the big money era, but would he be set for life, or do you think he has to work? Is this a case of a spoiled rich kid?

Hopefully he'll learn his lesson this time around.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:03 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
LOL
holy **** batman
some idiots just never learn
I hope Guy doesnt get in the middle of this again

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Kebekoi

I wonder if Guy will have to lie to the court this time and get away with it.

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:18 PM
QuietReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...941/story.html

Its unfortunate. I was hard on Lafleur before for lying for his son because I felt that it was poor parenting. That he wasn't teaching his son anything by lying for him.

I wonder how rich Lafleur is? I know he played before the big money era, but would he be set for life, or do you think he has to work? Is this a case of a spoiled rich kid?

Hopefully he'll learn his lesson this time around.

He is well off.. he has a well known sport bar/restaurant called Blue Blanc Rouge ... He also makes money off of promotional **** like events, books and dvds (i think he only has one dvd)...

QuietReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:20 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisconsult View Post
He is well off.. he has a well known sport bar/restaurant called Blue Blanc Rouge ... He also makes money off of promotional **** like events, books and dvds (i think he only has one dvd)...
Don't forget the disco album!

danboulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Looks like his son has a serious drug problem. Guy seems well off, except for the Flower Power Drink thing a few years back.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Coldplay
Courage

It's gotten to a point where I just laugh indifferently.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Didn't Lafleur get uber screwed by the habs on his last contract? I don't think he was uber rich when his kid was growing up, well off but not filthy rich.

As for the whole lying in court thing... I feel it's rough. Kind of hard to let go of the parental instinct when your son is facing a jail sentence. It was a mistake but I don't think anyone should hold it against him.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

His son just look like a ****ing headcase, I hope this time Guy stay in the background and not in the spotlight, kid has to learn the hard way...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 02:47 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
So sad its getting funny. Some people are just huge idiots.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 03:04 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Oh well things like that happens all the time , they probably just had a little fight and overreacted like drama queens , then police got involved then of course media got involved after and now lots of stupid people are gonna put the blame on Guy.Hilarious society.

Of course his son is a mental case , but there's so much people like that I don't know why people makes a big deal out of this.This is not news as far as i'm concerned.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Wow, what a doof

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Crystal Met

probably wont help Guy in his negociations to renew his contract as an ambassador for the team

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Hfboards2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisconsult View Post
I do remember him selling his trophies, although that doesn't mean he had financial difficulties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In April 2001, Lafleur placed 122 items - including 5 miniature Stanley Cups, 6 miniature Prince of Wales trophies, 1977 Conn Smythe Trophy, 3 Art Ross trophies, Hockey Hall of Fame plaque and ring, games-used jerseys, 4 Stanley Cup rings, and the first skates he ever wore - for sale. The items' selling prices totalled approximately $400,000 USD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
probably wont help Guy in his negociations to renew his contract as an ambassador for the team
I was suprised to hear that Rene Angelil (Celine Dion husband/manager) was his agent [French article]

It's too bad this is happening now, but Guy Lafleur is not Mark Lafleur.

Hfboards2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Domestic violence is like cheating.

They do it once, then they claim they're sorry and they'll never do it again, and a few weeks later it happens again.

Guy put his neck out there to protect his son and it bites him right back in the ass.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 07:05 PM
overlords
Hfboards

this is like reading the national enquirer, it's not news, it's gossip.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Woland

the kid is a lost cause and has been for years now....

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:31 PM
icerocket

What a thug

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Guy Lafleur should disown his son and let him manage his life by its own.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Poor Guy. I was watching Gladiator the other day. It was about a monarch loved by all because of his achievement, who's just and true and his struggle to instill in his son some sense of value, of grace, but there's nothing he can do for the boy as he's selfish, egoistical, weak and jealous of his father. Learning the Lafleur's son news I couldn't help but think how both situations were similar. I mean this kid is absolutly rotten to the core. There's nothing he can do about that. He even helped tarnished his father's reputation because Guy tried to clean up his mess.

Guy Lafleur should stay out of it and let the freak deal with his own crap. He's an adult, right?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:02 PM
SensFan26

Guy probably gets a good income via NHL pension.

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Harry Wong

I don't know how many of you ever saw Lafleur play. Those who did know that he was arguably the best player of his era not just of the Canadiens but probably in the world.
Just on that basis we should give him our utmost respect by not talking about such tawdry stuff that we know absolutely nothing about and has nothing to do with hockey.

Harry Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfboards2010 View Post
I do remember him selling his trophies, although that doesn't mean he had financial difficulties.

I was suprised to hear that Rene Angelil (Celine Dion husband/manager) was his agent [French article]

It's too bad this is happening now, but Guy Lafleur is not Mark Lafleur.
Guy Lafleur is not Jean Béliveau, either. I would have been shocked if a son of Jean Béliveau had turned into a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Poor Guy. I was watching Gladiator the other day. It was about a monarch loved by all because of his achievement, who's just and true and his struggle to instill in his son some sense of value, of grace, but there's nothing he can do for the boy as he's selfish, egoistical, weak and jealous of his father. Learning the Lafleur's son news I couldn't help but think how both situations were similar. I mean this kid is absolutly rotten to the core. There's nothing he can do about that. He even helped tarnished his father's reputation because Guy tried to clean up his mess.

Guy Lafleur should stay out of it and let the freak deal with his own crap. He's an adult, right?
The analogy is worthless because Guy Lafleur falls way short of that fictional monarch in his personal life. He skated beautifully and he scored goals. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Wong View Post
I don't know how many of you ever saw Lafleur play. Those who did know that he was arguably the best player of his era not just of the Canadiens but probably in the world.
Just on that basis we should give him our utmost respect by not talking about such tawdry stuff that we know absolutely nothing about and has nothing to do with hockey.
I saw Guy Lafleur play and I saw Bobby Orr play. Much as I despise the Bruins, I have to say that Lafleur was not on Orr's level. And while Lafleur was still playing, along came Wayne Gretzky. I could add that another contemporary, Mike Bossy, scored more goals than Lafleur.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Guy Lafleur is not Jean Béliveau, either. I would have been shocked if a son of Jean Béliveau had turned into a punk.
I'm so tired of hearing this BS in the newspaper and on the radio: "Guy Lafleur est comme tout bon père qui veut protéger son enfant"

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 07:28 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
Guy Lafleur should disown his son.
Just by saying that you confirm the fact you're as bad as his son as a person.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote