Stars agree to two-year contracts with Neal, Niskanen

Old
09-17-2010, 12:51 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
You're right, but it kinda sucks because when the situation is reversed and a player comes off a good season it generally is the basis for a significant raise even if the 2 years prior were shotty. Cue Ribeiro's deal; 25 Mil out of no where really.
Ribeiro signed his deal after leading his new team in scoring the previous season despite having missed most of or all of training camp (can't remember, trade happened on Sept. 30, 2006). He was then in the midst of an 80+ point season showing great chemistry with the team's captain. At the time the consensus was that his signing that deal when he did saved the Stars some money AND secured his services for the foreseeable future.

His contract was and still is a very good deal for the player.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 12:56 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
I went back and looked at the 2008 offseason thread and all the other topics in that date range and not a single person complained about the Eriksson 2 year deal. PPOR.

edit: and here's the main board thread, nary an ill word
Thanks for letting me know. Before now, I didn't realize HF Boards was the only source for Dallas Stars news and information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Ribeiro signed his deal after leading his new team in scoring the previous season despite having missed most of or all of training camp (can't remember, trade happened on Sept. 30, 2006). He was then in the midst of an 80+ point season showing great chemistry with the team's captain. At the time the consensus was that his signing that deal when he did saved the Stars some money AND secured his services for the foreseeable future.

His contract was and still is a very good deal for the player.
High ankle sprain, I believe. His first season he missed time because of visa issues.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:17 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Thanks for letting me know. Before now, I didn't realize HF Boards was the only source for Dallas Stars news and information.
OK. So who is "everyone" and "no one"?

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 03:37 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
OK. So who is "everyone" and "no one"?
Blanket statements rarely have their intended affect.

Also, for the sake of context it's worth pointing out that when Loui signed his bridge contract the Stars were spending closer to the cap. We haven't always been such aware accountants as fans. And we weren't then for sure. Not to the point of b******* and moaning about a sub $2 million contract.

Old
09-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Chad_

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
We haven't always been such aware accountants as fans. And we weren't then for sure. Not to the point of b******* and moaning about a sub $2 million contract.
I don't know about any of that, but there is far more "b******* and moaning" about anything and everything these days than there was back then, making any comparison between 'accepted' and 'rejected' contracts meaningless.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 11:35 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Apparently a lot can change in two short years.