Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Brad Richardson

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2005, 03:41 AM
Colorado Avalanche

vCash: 500
Brad Richardson

If someone has seen this guy playing, could you tell me his weakness/Strenghs and is he even close NHL level? Do you think he can make it to NHL? what kind of role he should play?

tell me everything!

thanks a lot!

Old
04-24-2005, 08:39 AM
FearTheFlyers

Brad is definitely a realistic bet for the NHL. He is smallish at 5'11 185 but plays bigger and is strong on the puck.

A predator near goal are, he has an incredible one timer and slapshot and his short wind up sees him fool a lot of goalies.

He doesn't have the pure offensive skills of say a Bobby Ryan to be a scorer in the NHL. He is always hard working and his defensive play is adequate. He forechecks well and reads the play resulting in him causing a lot of turnovers. He is good along the boards and his shot and skating are good enough for him to maybe pot around 15 goals in the NHL.

He is not a physical player and very rarely plays the body but does not shy away from contact along the boiards or cutting into traffic.

On top of that he is a super nice guy and bound for Hershey next year. If there's anything alse just ask.

Old
04-25-2005, 01:51 PM
balddog66

I'm still holding out hope he doesn't sign with Colorado, and end up as an overager in Owen Sound next year..but that isn't likely to happen.

Funny, some guys in Owen SOunds history, I would have never guessed they would have went on to have the success they have in the NHL, Brunette, Maltby and Walker specifically...I kind of see Richardson in this role, I think he's better defensively than most coming out of junior because OS put him in that role right away as a rookie, always playing him on the pk.
Colorado got a great pick late in the draft...

Old
04-25-2005, 02:11 PM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

I think he has his work cut out for him. He is a minority top-prosepect in the aging Avalanche organization. He might find himself with a chance to be a major part of the Avs future offense. Lucky guy, I hope he takes advantage of it.

From what I've seen his shot is really impressive... almost, dare I say, Sakic like.

Old
04-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Is he in future maybe AVS first/second liner?
What kind of role do you think he could play for the AVS?

He got enough potential to become 50+ points scorer in NHL?

Tell me everything!

thanks for your answers!

ah.. he sounds awesome player! hopefully he can make it to AHL/NHL and show everyone his skills!

I already love this guy.

Old
04-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Brad is definitely a realistic bet for the NHL. He is smallish at 5'11 185 but plays bigger and is strong on the puck.

A predator near goal are, he has an incredible one timer and slapshot and his short wind up sees him fool a lot of goalies.

He doesn't have the pure offensive skills of say a Bobby Ryan to be a scorer in the NHL. He is always hard working and his defensive play is adequate. He forechecks well and reads the play resulting in him causing a lot of turnovers. He is good along the boards and his shot and skating are good enough for him to maybe pot around 15 goals in the NHL.

He is not a physical player and very rarely plays the body but does not shy away from contact along the boiards or cutting into traffic.

On top of that he is a super nice guy and bound for Hershey next year. If there's anything alse just ask.
sounds good, 15 goals is pretty nice, but he might suprise? just have to wait

thanks for information, helped lot!

Closed Thread