Småland 3 42.86%
Stockholm Röd 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Ribban

vCash: 500
TV-Pucken 2010

I just wish I could see the final live... but no such luck.
On a brighter note, Örebro län stands to place better than ever if the boyz can only get their act together and smack those whuppersnappers from Ångermanland upside their heads in the placement game for 5th!

Oh yeah... what kind of post would this be without a poll... Småland or Stockholm Röd?

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 02:29 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Haven't had time to see a single game of TV-Pucken this year, and I'll miss the finals too

Not often that the Röd team does better than the Vit team, pretty surprising.

I'm guessing Småland. The Stockholm teams usually lack in team play and defense. This is without seeing any of them play of course, so I could be way off.

Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 04:01 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Röd is Stockholms best team.

In the games I've seen I've been very impressed with Crus Rydberg from Småland. Great vision and passing skills.

Stockholm hasn't been able to score as much as they would have liked but they've pretty much dominated their opponents physically. They look huge and win tons of puck battles. I like that first line of Bergqvist-Liljendahl-Garpenlöv.

They said yesterday that Liljendahl had a face off percentage in the tournament of almost 80% and he's 187 cm and 86 kg already. Works and plays really hard, is the captain and wears no 13. That's the new Sundin right there, sign him up DIF!

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 04:21 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Crus-Rydberg looks pretty sick, 19 points in 7 games. But it's hard to judge someone only on points since some teams are much better than others.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 04:42 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Crus-Rydberg looks pretty sick, 19 points in 7 games. But it's hard to judge someone only on points since some teams are much better than others.
He had 19 points in the tournament already last year as well

but I agree, points aren't the most important thing especially considering the uneven quality of the teams. The thing that impressed me was his poise, time on the puck and vision. Bäckström would be proud of some of his assists the other day.

In my limited viewings of him (just seen him in tv-pucken this year and last), he looks a class apart. I hope he keeps developing.

Old
09-12-2010, 05:01 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
Stockholm hasn't been able to score as much as they would have liked but they've pretty much dominated their opponents physically. They look huge and win tons of puck battles. I like that first line of Bergqvist-Liljendahl-Garpenlöv.

They said yesterday that Liljendahl had a face off percentage in the tournament of almost 80% and he's 187 cm and 86 kg already. Works and plays really hard, is the captain and wears no 13. That's the new Sundin right there, sign him up DIF!
Liljendahl was really impressive, and sporting that #13 for Stockholm there was one recently retired player that came to mind as a good comparison.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Howe Elbows 9

vCash: 700
Stats and links to some of the players...

Småland
Player GP G A TP
Viktor Crus-Rydberg 7 4 15 19
Mikael Johansson 7 8 7 15
Viktor Lindell 7 6 6 12
Kevin Ekman-Larsson 7 1 7 8

Stockholm Röd
Player GP G A TP
Tobias Lindberg 7 3 4 7
Oscar Bergkvist 7 2 5 7
William Garpenlöv 7 3 3 6
Tobias Liljendahl 7 3 2 5

Congrats to Västerbotten who ended up third after Marcus Pettersson scored two goals in the bronze medal game against Östergötland.

Also, I liked Liljendahl's short interview directly before the game (taken from memory, might not be 100% accurate).

Interviewer: I hear that opposing teams want to beat Stockholm specifically because you're [your team is] viewed as cocky.
Liljendahl: Stockholmare [people from Stockholm] are always cocky.

Last edited by Howe Elbows 9: 09-12-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Howe Elbows 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
Röd is Stockholms best team.

In the games I've seen I've been very impressed with Crus Rydberg from Småland. Great vision and passing skills.

Pretty sure he's actually bigger that that. He was 187 cm 88 kg last year already.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Garl

Liljendahl scores 2 clutch goals and Stockholm wins 2-1. Crus-Rydberg finished the tournament with 20 pts, 1st overall in scoring.

Congrats to Stockholm!!!

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 10:20 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

How good is KEL? Anywhere close to OEL?

Old
09-12-2010, 10:55 AM
KRM

What a beast Liljendahl is! Anyone know which one of of DIF and AIK he'll join?

Quote:
Not today at least...

Old
09-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
What a beast Liljendahl is! Anyone know which one of of DIF and AIK he'll join?

Does it have to be any of them? There are alternatives both within the 08 area and elsewhere.

Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

I've read on the ever so trustworthy web that Liljendahl is a DIF fan. Take that with a boat load of salt.

Old
09-12-2010, 01:04 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn View Post
Does it have to be any of them? There are alternatives both within the 08 area and elsewhere.
He's only 15, doubt he will be moving. The other team in the SEL is Södertälje, and who wants to play there?

But he's welcome to play with us in Division 3

Old
09-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Pretty sure he's actually bigger that that. He was 187 cm 88 kg last year already.
Damn he's huge. I just took the numbers from Elite Prospects, so you're most likely right.

Old
09-12-2010, 02:24 PM
cheerupmurray

Even though I am from Stockholm and cheer for Djurgården, I was cheering for Småland in this game. So many fun players to watch in that team, Crus-Rydberg, Mikael Johansson, Viktor Lindell and almost all the D-men was enertaining to watch. They even had a new Markus Näslund

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Hybbe

VCR looks to be the real deal. He tried to do a bit too much at times in the finals, but he's got all the tools to be a solid player for the future.

Who was the kid who assisted on Marcus Pettersson's goals in the bronze game?

Hybbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 03:41 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybbe View Post
VCR looks to be the real deal. He tried to do a bit too much at times in the finals, but he's got all the tools to be a solid player for the future.
Yea, but got a bit worried when he was afraid to shoot in the second period, shattered confident after all those missed chances in the first.

Anyone know where he's heading? HV?

Old
09-13-2010, 02:07 AM
Howe Elbows 9

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybbe View Post

Who was the kid who assisted on Marcus Pettersson's goals in the bronze game?
I believe Jan Isaksson did a nice job on skating into the offensive zone and getting the defenders on him, leaving Marcus alone in front of the goal for his first of the game.

Lukas Wallmark was behind the net and found Marcus with a pass on the second goal.

Howe Elbows 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Hybbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Competitive Violence View Post
I believe Jan Isaksson did a nice job on skating into the offensive zone and getting the defenders on him, leaving Marcus alone in front of the goal for his first of the game.

Lukas Wallmark was behind the net and found Marcus with a pass on the second goal.
Ah, I was pretty sure it was the same kid assisting on both goals, but I only saw the highlights. Those were some pretty plays anyway, good to see "my" team having some success again this year.

Hybbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 04:26 PM
B Boarding

There were some really good prospects playing this year as well. It seems like the 95 crop aren't as deep as the 94's, but there are some players that are worth looking out for:

- Victor Crus-Rydberg, C, Tingsryd 6-1/181 2013
This is Nicklas Backstrom 2.0. He's got the same hockey sense and hands. Add to that really smooth skating and agility. He hasn't got great top speed but his first strides are good. Good shot as well but he sometimes overplays situations too much and should maybe shoot more instead of looking for pass-first. I'd be surprised if a talent of this magnitude didn't go far. Voted best forward of the tournament. Had 20 pts (5+15) in 8 games and was a stunning 17-0 in those games.

- Tobias Liljendahl, C, Vasby 6-2/190 2013
Great captain and leader of the winning team. A big (bigger than the listed 187/86) physical two-way center. He reminds me quite a bit of Sundin but even more of Keith Primeau. Clutch, scored both goals in the final.

- Lucas Wallmark, C, Skelleftea 5-11/154 2013
Reminds me a bit of Zetterberg. Great vision and hockey sense. He also competes well all over the ice. Voted tournaments' MVP.

- Victor Öhman, C, MoDo 5-10/157 2014
Great offensive talent. Currently too weak physically to compete at higher levels.

- William Silwerfeldt Öhman, G, Bjorkloven 6-2/185 2013
Big, mobile goaltender. Solid fundamentals and seems calm under pressure.

Kevin Ekman-Larsson, D, Tingsryd 5-9/148 2013
He was far from being the best defenseman in the tournamant. In fact, he was probably no better than 3rd best on his own team, behind Norrbe and Eidhag. He played a very immature game and kept making things complicated by trying to make every play spectacular. He got exposed a lot of times doing that when he faced better teams. But you can't miss his undenieble talent. He has his brothers skating and he has very good passing game. Let's wait and see if he has his brothers hockey sense once he gets more mature.

HM:

- Wilhelm Westlund, D, Farjestad 6-0/176 2013
Voted best defender. Two-way player with a good shot.
- Elias Edström, C, Skelleftea 5-9/154 2013
Allround offensive talent.
- Daniel Norbe, D , Vaxjo 5-11/172 2013
Great offensive defenseman.
- Viktor Lindell, C/LW, Vastervik 5-9/150 2013
Hard working sniper.
- Mikael Johansson, C,Vaxjo 6-0/168 2013
Big, mobile, two-way center. Great scoring touch.
- André Burakovsky, C, Malmo 5-11/146 2013
Didn't see him play. But he was one of the best scorers of the tournament and if he has his fathers' talent (and better work ethics) he'll be great. Anybody seen him play?
- Filip Lander, D, Timra 5-6/143 2013
Didn't see him play. But he is the younger brother of Anton Lander, that should count for something.
- Robert Hagg, D, Tierp 6-2/185 2013
Younger brother of Djurgarden talent Christian Hagg. Didn't see him play.
- Jacob De La Rose, C, Leksand 6-2/172 2013
A bit of a disappointment. He looked a bit slow, but you could notice he's got a lot of talent.
- Oscar Bergqvist, LW, Haninge 5-10/160 2013
Hard worker and very soft hands.
- William Garpenlov, RW, Djurgarden 6-0/143 2013
Son of ex-NHL:er Johan Garpenlov. Good skater that works hard but doesn't get involved offensively that much.
- Axel Eidstedt, D, HV71 6-2/198 2013
Big, physical defender with a good first pass

I probably forgot a few players worth mentioning. And note that this is just my opinion from watching these players a few games on TV.

B Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 11:26 PM
joe89

Quote:
The way he skated, it was so scarily alike his brother! Also the same looks. But he has a long way to go, the skating seems to come naturally for these guys but apart from that and the occasional pass he played a very immature game.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 06:50 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Nice write-up B Boarding.

One guy you didn't mention is Robin Norell. I was quite impressed with him. Seemed gifted offensively, confident with the puck and didn't mind playing physical.

Old
09-15-2010, 07:23 AM
IT

Agree, nice write-up

Wished they would televise or stream the entire tournament so one could get a better feel of the age group.
Melén, Haara and Cederholm are good players to keep an eye on and Blomberg in Ostergotland was impressive. Also, that team had some quality defenders.

Overall i would say that no player stood out speed wise but maybe that's because everyone already has good to great speed.

Oh man if Liljendahl and VCR can improve their speed, watch out!

Last edited by IT: 09-15-2010 at 07:32 AM.
IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:22 AM
PuckOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn View Post
Well it doesn't have to be. But it's likely it will be DIF.

One of the top organizations at junior level and the kid is a fan, it's close to home and he's friends with most of the team. Ok, I'm calling it...

PuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote