HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guy Lafleur's son arrested again

Old
09-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Newhabfan

vCash: 500
You know guys, I wonder how many of you Lafleur bashers are parents.

He's not responsible, directly, for his adult son's behaviors. But let me tell you - it hurts like hell when stuff like that happens.

So please go easy on the "he was a poor parent and was not caring enough or not severe enough or whatever". All of us parents fail at times, and we are the ones suffering from it.

BTW - I don't like Lafleur because of his endless destructive comments on the Habs. But as a fellow father I sympathize - it's not easy what he's going through.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 09:34 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post

He's not responsible, directly, for his adult son's behaviors. But let me tell you - it hurts like hell when stuff like that happens.

So please go easy on the "he was a poor parent and was not caring enough or not severe enough or whatever". All of us parents fail at times, and we are the ones suffering from it.

BTW - I don't like Lafleur because of his endless destructive comments on the Habs. But as a fellow father I sympathize - it's not easy what he's going through.
I think we should have 2 forums , one for 21+ and the other for everyone below that age , oh god how sweet that would be.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:49 AM
LeBlondeDemon10
On this cold day

Hmmmm...looks like I predicted this back in the Flower acquitted thread. Maybe I should change my handle to Kreskin? Sad to hear though. I hope Mark is open to the help he needs.

LeBlondeDemon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBlondeDemon10 View Post
Hmmmm...looks like I predicted this back in the Flower acquitted thread. Maybe I should change my handle to Kreskin? Sad to hear though. I hope Mark is open to the help he needs.
He only has be opened to turn around, bend over and feel the boot.

Rinse, repeat, until proper results are reached.

Just like you would do with any disobedient mutt.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Habbadasher

People such Mark have to bottom before they may see the light and turn their life around, until then . . . expect more of the same.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

The kid is troubled...

Just like the offspring of many a famous personality.

Its not easy growing up living in the shadow of famous parents.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Hfboards2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
People such Mark have to bottom before they may see the light and turn their life around, until then . . . expect more of the same.
And he won't bottom as long as is dad is protecting him.

Hfboards2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Plante

In this thread: Gossip and judgements.

Plante is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 07:12 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Wong View Post
I don't know how many of you ever saw Lafleur play. Those who did know that he was arguably the best player of his era not just of the Canadiens but probably in the world.
Just on that basis we should give him our utmost respect by not talking about such tawdry stuff that we know absolutely nothing about and has nothing to do with hockey.
Being great in one aspect of your life, doesn't give you a free pass to do whatever you want.

Patrick Roy who is probably the greatest goalie of his generation is still a ****** for tearing down his wife's door and getting charged or whatever.

Should he get a free pass too?

When you accept a big paycheck for being a public figure, you accept a level of judgement / intrusion into your private life.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 07:19 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post

I am the parent of a teenage daughter and that's why it's always bothered me, what if it was your daughter that Mark was dating?

I also believe in taking responsibility for your actions. My job as a parent is to raise my child with the proper education guidance and morals.

Yes I expect her to make mistakes an errors in judgements when she's an adult but at the end of the day, it is my job to teach hwr the right way. I don't believe in passing the buck.

I am who I am because of the way I was raised. That being said, I feel sorry for Mark because it's never easy growing up the child of somebody famous. Heck it's hard enough just growing up normal trying to fulfill your parents hopes and dreams.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 07:26 PM
icerocket

I guarantee that because he is Guy's son he will be getting preferential treatment.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote