HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2010, 03:29 PM
metric

vCash: 500
I don't know for sure but it looks like Jonathan Iilahti didn't make the Espoo Blues SM-liiga team. Looking at Elite Prospects he's playing on their U20 Jr. A team.

Old
09-17-2010, 06:19 PM
metric

Frolunda loses 6-2. Andersson no points, 6 shots, -2 and 2 PIM. He also had 17:09 of ice time, good for 6th on the team and 4th amongst D-men. He was on the third line unit with Oscar Hedman.

Old
09-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Canuckee

Quote:
Originally Posted by metric View Post
Frolunda loses 6-2. Andersson no points, 6 shots, -2 and 2 PIM. He also had 17:09 of ice time, good for 6th on the team and 4th amongst D-men. He was on the third line unit with Oscar Hedman.
good to see he got minutes, any frolunda followers on here who could provide some insight on how he played?

Old
09-17-2010, 11:38 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
Anthony still at #7. Seriously, can somebody make a logical argument for him being a better prospect than Sweatt, and having the same potential top end as Rodin and Shirokov? One more so-so season in the Q and he's not even going to get a contract.
those rankings are clearly out to lunch, and there's no real argument for Anthony being that high. but in fairness, IMO Anthony does have a higher ceiling than Sweatt offensively at least. it just so happens that Anthony is wildly inconsistent and may never even come close to realizing his full potential...whereas Sweatt seems a much safer bet to reach his (somewhat lower) full potential.

watching Anthony over the last couple years...it's amazing how he can be such a completely different player from game to game at different points of the year. i won't be out on the east coast this year, so i doubt i'll have a chance to see him much at all, but i'm really hoping he can finally take that step and put together a full, consistent season. if he can do that, and puts up the sort of points that he was originally on track for last year through a full season...he could draw a lot of attention. at times it really looks like he has the skill...just needs to bring it consistently, and he also has the advantage of really having the physical tools as well.

but if he once again fails to put together a 'complete season', who knows how far off the rails his career will head.

the general consensus is totally correct though. that's far too high to rate such a complete wildcard at this point.

Old
09-18-2010, 05:45 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckee View Post
any frolunda followers on here who could provide some insight on how he played?
Decent. You'll probably be glad to hear that two of Frölunda's defencemen got long term injuries so Andersson got his spot secure for sure...

Old
09-18-2010, 06:39 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Decent. You'll probably be glad to hear that two of Frölunda's defencemen got long term injuries so Andersson got his spot secure for sure...
Wow, that came out of nowhere Good for Andersson then, unfortunately so for those 2 defencemen. How long are they out for?

Old
09-18-2010, 12:01 PM
metric

Brynas lost 5-4 in OT to HV71. Rodin assisted on Jarnkrok's goal that made it 4-3 for Brynas. Not a lot of ice time for Rodin, 14:39 (13th on the team). Even Jarnkrok had over 17 minutes so not sure what's going on.

Old
09-18-2010, 12:01 PM
kuparinen

Brynäs lost 5-4 after overtime vs HV71. Rödin was playing on the 4th line with Järnkrok and Wännström but he played both PK and PP, again. He got a 2nd assist on a goal by Järnkrok. His icetime was 14:39 minutes and his line, the youth line, looked really good, again.

Old
09-18-2010, 12:04 PM
metric

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanlake View Post
Brynäs lost 5-4 after overtime vs HV71. Rödin was playing on the 4th line with Järnkrok and Wännström but he played both PK and PP, again. He got a 2nd assist on a goal by Järnkrok. His icetime was 14:39 minutes and his line, the youth line, looked really good, again.
Is 14:39 what we should expect as normal for Rodin? Seems low but he is, as you said, on the youth line. What did he average last season?

Old
09-18-2010, 12:23 PM
kuparinen

Quote:
Is 14:39 what we should expect as normal for Rodin? Seems low but he is, as you said, on the youth line. What did he average last season?
No, I think 14:39 is pretty good actually, he's just 19 years old. Rödin is an offensive player and Brynäs met the SEL champions today, and Brynäs had the lead with 2-1 and 3-1 so they wanted to play more defensive players, but Rödin still played pretty much, espacially in the 3rd period.
His average last season was 8:25 minutes during regular season, and 14:54 during playoffs and he's definitely getting more ice time now campared to last year. I never saw him play PK last season, he has played PK in both games this season. Same with PP, he just played PP in the playoffs last year, he's now a regular on the 2nd PP unit.

Old
09-18-2010, 01:34 PM
metric

Good to know, thanks.

Old
09-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Warren Piece

Quote:
I don't know for sure but it looks like Jonathan Iilahti didn't make the Espoo Blues SM-liiga team. Looking at Elite Prospects he's playing on their U20 Jr. A team.
I don't think anyone expected him to make their main team. He's only 18 and spent half of last season in the junior B league.

Old
09-18-2010, 01:42 PM
metric

I know, I didn't expect him to either, just passing on the info.

Old
09-21-2010, 05:55 PM
thefeebster

So Andersson played today in a 0-1 OT loss to AIK. Played 20:19 - 5th D man according to TOI. Wasn't on for the sole goal against, but also seems to not have had good game according to the Wild West forums:

Loose Translations - "Sloppy Play by Peter Andersson," "Schubert seems stable out there... But Peter Andersson does not." "Why play Andersson on PP?" "Peter Andersson. Not one right now and lay behind the more dangerous chances backward than forward. He is not even the seventh back in my eyes."

The newspaper put out evaluations of Rodin's last game vs HV71; Rodin and Jarnkrok both got 4/6, where the team average was 2.08.

Old
09-22-2010, 12:46 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
So Andersson played today in a 0-1 OT loss to AIK. Played 20:19 - 5th D man according to TOI. Wasn't on for the sole goal against, but also seems to not have had good game according to the Wild West forums:

Loose Translations - "Sloppy Play by Peter Andersson," "Schubert seems stable out there... But Peter Andersson does not." "Why play Andersson on PP?" "Peter Andersson. Not one right now and lay behind the more dangerous chances backward than forward. He is not even the seventh back in my eyes."

The newspaper put out evaluations of Rodin's last game vs HV71; Rodin and Jarnkrok both got 4/6, where the team average was 2.08.
I thought he played a decent game, as long as he didn't have the puck on his stick, he doesn't seem to be friends with the puck right now. Many sloppy plays, losing the puck of his stick while rushing, missing the most simple passes, and such.

Old
09-22-2010, 02:38 PM
presilo

Here is a hypothetical I'd like to float out,

What sort of prospect coverage would you be interested in seeing on Canucks.com?

I know CDC is a bit of a dirty word around here, but some of the guys who contribute on the site (I'm thinking specifically of Farhan Devji) are capable of cranking out some solid stuff.

So, what sort of prospect information do you guys find lacking online, or what sort of stuff do you think a big site like CDC could do, given their resources/access?

Just curious, because I find it interesting that there's so much effort being put forth in tracking stuff and the complaints that were made about HF's Top 20 List.

Old
09-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Red

Saywer Hannay played tonight as Halifax won 6-4. He was +2, 4 PIM.

Adam Polasek played for PEI as well, had 1A (on their only goal), +1.

Old
09-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Both Peter Andersson and Anton Rodin in action today, puck drops in 15 minutes for each of them.

Rodin with 1 assist thus far, 3-2 for Brynas in the 3rd. Andersson pointless, Frolunda leads 2-1 heading into the 3rd.

Last edited by Mr. Canucklehead: 09-23-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old
09-23-2010, 02:54 PM
thefeebster

I don't think Peter Andersson played today - from the score-sheet looks like he was benched. I'll update once i get back from lunch.

Edit: Loose Google Translation
Quote:
Frölunda to the old days reinforced with Frölunda Bekantingen Richard Demén-Willaume on loan from Boras. Given the injuries and turmoil surrounding the team, so management had chosen to pick up Richard Demén-Willaume and benches Peter Andersson. A good decision, it would turn out when he brought the team what you missed in the initial matches. Namely, a defenseman who played in the first place easily in your own zone.
http://www.wildwestsupport.se/newsar...sp?matchid=530

Congrats for Rodin, he is 3 more points away from eclipsing his point totals from last season in just 3 games.

Edit #2: The paper released the play rankings for Rodin's match today. He was the only one on his line with 4/6 and the average for the team was 3.16/6. http://gd.se/sport/brynas/1.2358841-...ch-spelarbetyg

Last edited by thefeebster: 09-24-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old
09-23-2010, 03:10 PM
kuparinen

Yep, an assist for Rödin today. His ice time was 15:21 minutes, playing on the 2nd line with Järnkrok and Silfverberg.

Old
09-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Cocoa Crisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by presilo View Post
Here is a hypothetical I'd like to float out,

What sort of prospect coverage would you be interested in seeing on Canucks.com?

I know CDC is a bit of a dirty word around here, but some of the guys who contribute on the site (I'm thinking specifically of Farhan Devji) are capable of cranking out some solid stuff.

So, what sort of prospect information do you guys find lacking online, or what sort of stuff do you think a big site like CDC could do, given their resources/access?

Just curious, because I find it interesting that there's so much effort being put forth in tracking stuff and the complaints that were made about HF's Top 20 List.
I'd find phone interviews during the season interesting. Maybe where they discuss their thoughts on how they're developing, the feedback they're getting from the Canucks, their playing time and that kind of thing.

Language barriers might be an issue, but probably not an insurmountable one. I don't see why the prospects would mind doing them from time to time either.

Old
09-23-2010, 03:34 PM
ZyggZagg

vCash: 50
Is there anywhere to get a regular stream of SEL games to watch Rodin and Andersson? My friend from Sweden pays for some streaming pass or something like that, but I'm cheap.

Old
09-23-2010, 04:10 PM
kuparinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyggZagg View Post
Is there anywhere to get a regular stream of SEL games to watch Rodin and Andersson? My friend from Sweden pays for some streaming pass or something like that, but I'm cheap.
www.csports.se streams SEL but you have to pay, and it's also just working in Europe..

Old
09-23-2010, 04:14 PM
ZyggZagg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanlake View Post
www.csports.se streams SEL but you have to pay, and it's also just working in Europe..
What's the pricing?

Old
09-23-2010, 04:32 PM
kuparinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyggZagg View Post
What's the pricing?
Wow, it was more expensive than I thought. 109 Swedish crowns, around 16 $ per game.

Closed Thread