HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Hockey's Future Top 20 List

Old
09-18-2010, 11:23 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
New Hockey's Future Top 20 List

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...angeles_kings/

Discuss.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 12:02 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Looks like a lot of work, nice job

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 12:10 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

There's absolutely nothing wrong with those rankings, well done

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 12:12 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Our list:

1. Bernier- 87.21%
2. Schenn- 86.36%
3. Hickey- 62.22%
4. Forbort- 36.36%
5. Vyacheslav Voynov- 35.96%
6. Loktionov- 63.16%
7. Clifford- 56.47%
8. Teubert- 34.38%
9. Deslauriers- 29.35%
10. Kozun- 32.47%
11. Toffoli- 28.21%
12. Jones- 29.41%
13. Muzzin- 37.35%
14. Zatkoff- 50.85%
15. Lewis- 31.25%
16. Weal- 28.57%
17. Martinez- 34.48%
18. Holloway- 29.63%
19. Czarnik- 39.58%
20. Kitsyn

1. (2) Jonathan Bernier, G, 8.0B
2. (1) Brayden Schenn, C, 8.0C
3. (NR) Derek Forbort, D, 7.5C
4. (6) Andrei Loktionov, C, 7.5C
5. (3) Thomas Hickey, D, 7.5C
6. (4) Vyacheslav Voynov, D, 7.5C
7. (5) Colten Teubert, D, 7.0C
8. (13) Kyle Clifford, LW, 7.0C
9. (12) Nicolas Deslauriers, D, 7.0C
10. (NR) Tyler Toffoli, RW, 7.0C
11. (8) Martin Jones, G, 7.0C
12. (10) Jeff Zatkoff, G, 7.0C
13. (17) Brandon Kozun, RW, 7.0D
14. (20) Jake Muzzin, D, 6.5C
15. (11) Alec Martinez, D, 6.0B
16. (NR) Jordan Weal, C, 6.5C
17. (7) Davis Drewiske, D, 6.0B
18. (16) Trevor Lewis, C, 6.0C
19. (NR) Bud Holloway, C, 6.0C
20. (NR) Maxim Kitsyn, LW, 7.0D

I think we did pretty good. we nailed most of these guys within a couple spots of HF, and a surprising number dead on.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 12:37 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

No problem with the rankings. I think we'll see a significant amount of movement over them in the next 9 months though, due to graduation, trade and performance from some younger guys like Toffoli and Kitsyn.

The only thing I saw I didn't like, and I only skimmed through it, but in Hickey's write up he's referred to as "oft-injured". I've seen that here too, and I don't get it. Outside of one bad injury last year, where does the oft-injured labal come from? He's never missed any significant time in his playing career minus last season, and one injury isn't worthy of being called oft-injured.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Looks good. I like it better than our list. Good work.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 01:20 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

FML. I forgot Drewiske, sorry guys.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Hickey would be the only major quibble. First, there's no reason for him to drop from last year. Second, his ceiling is quite a bit higher than 7.5. Actually all the numerical rankings of the top guys look a tick or two low. Bernier's not a 9?

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 01:42 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Easy oversight...He has played alot more games than Moller who wasn't there either. I really don't look at him as a prospect anymore.

Old
09-18-2010, 01:47 PM
johnjm22

My only gripe is that Moller should still be a prospect. I understand HF needs to have some sort of criteria to define a prospect, but sometimes you have to take things on a case by case basis. The Kings' organization certainly considers him to be a prospect.

Other than that, I think Lewis is somewhat underrated.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
No problem with the rankings. I think we'll see a significant amount of movement over them in the next 9 months though, due to graduation, trade and performance from some younger guys like Toffoli and Kitsyn.

The only thing I saw I didn't like, and I only skimmed through it, but in Hickey's write up he's referred to as "oft-injured". I've seen that here too, and I don't get it. Outside of one bad injury last year, where does the oft-injured labal come from? He's never missed any significant time in his playing career minus last season, and one injury isn't worthy of being called oft-injured.
In addition to the shoulder surgery he just underwent and the broken ankle which kept him out of most of the playoffs, he suffered an ankle injury in March of 2008 that he played through which ended up being major and required surgery in the offseason.

Gann Matsuda did a good write up on it here: http://frozenroyalty.net/2008/07/30/...-all-fired-up/

I believe he also suffered a concussion during the WHL playoffs once but I can't find a source to confirm that.

My concern is that he may have caused further damage by playing through both his shoulder and ankle injuries. It's not a good habit to establish.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Hickey would be the only major quibble. First, there's no reason for him to drop from last year. Second, his ceiling is quite a bit higher than 7.5. Actually all the numerical rankings of the top guys look a tick or two low. Bernier's not a 9?
His ranking hasn't dropped, I just think that certain players in the same range played better than him last season. As for the ranking, a 7.5 puts him somewhere between the top and middle pairings, which seems fair. He hasn't shown anything at the professional level that would lead me to believe he has top pairing potential, although the sample size for him is pretty small. Rankings fluctuate: if he plays well enough in the AHL next season to deserve a bump I'd have no problem giving him one, but I hesitate to mark him as having a high upside solely because he's a top-5 pick.

As for Bernier, a 9.0 would rank him amongst Brodeur, Hasek, etc. I think it's too soon to tell if he has that kind of upside, but I did upgrade him from a C to a B. If he makes the Kings and performs well in more than a few games, I'll give him a bump. I try to err on the side of conservatism, rather than throwing around the elite tags.

Old
09-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Johnny Utah

We need help on LW....Clifford and Kitsyn? Cliffy is my type of player but are we putting all our eggs in one basket on Kitsyn as our only scorer at LW?

We have to move Parse from RW to LW, Poni has only a one year deal, Smyth is about to be 35....

Lombardi has to fill this hole soon.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 02:16 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
We need help on LW....Clifford and Kitsyn? Cliffy is my type of player but are we putting all our eggs in one basket on Kitsyn as our only scorer at LW?

We have to move Parse from RW to LW, Poni has only a one year deal, Smyth is about to be 35....

Lombardi has to fill these holes soon.
Fixed.

Old
09-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:

*cough* *cough* Frolov..... Cammy

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 02:53 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

My list is a bit different:

Bernier
Schenn
Hickey
Clifford
Voynov
Loktionov
Deslauriers
Jones
Forbort
Teubert
Czarnik
Kozun
Weal
Toffoli
Vey
Drewiske
Muzzin
Holloway
Kitsyn
King

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 03:29 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
In addition to the shoulder surgery he just underwent and the broken ankle which kept him out of most of the playoffs, he suffered an ankle injury in March of 2008 that he played through which ended up being major and required surgery in the offseason.

Gann Matsuda did a good write up on it here: http://frozenroyalty.net/2008/07/30/...-all-fired-up/

I believe he also suffered a concussion during the WHL playoffs once but I can't find a source to confirm that.

My concern is that he may have caused further damage by playing through both his shoulder and ankle injuries. It's not a good habit to establish.
So out side of this season, he had an ankle injury, which he played through anyways and maybe a concussion which you state is only your belief and not actual fact yet?

I assume the ankle injury he played through that you refer to is the one in 2008? If so, I don't see how he caused further damage since the following season he had his best WHL season and was the captain on the WJC team which won gold.

I just don't buy the injury prone talk. If he's hurt again next year, then sure, I'll reconsider.

Old
09-18-2010, 03:56 PM
jiboy
Patience

just a word about Nicolas Deslauriers, he wont be back in Rouyn Noranda this year... he will be playing with the Gatineau Olympics

jiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
So out side of this season, he had an ankle injury, which he played through anyways and maybe a concussion which you state is only your belief and not actual fact yet?

I assume the ankle injury he played through that you refer to is the one in 2008? If so, I don't see how he caused further damage since the following season he had his best WHL season and was the captain on the WJC team which won gold.

I just don't buy the injury prone talk. If he's hurt again next year, then sure, I'll reconsider.
It's not that it was just my belief, just that I was having trouble finding a source. Did some digging, here you go:
http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...ey-update.html

First off, you should know that I'm not bashing Hickey as a prospect, I think he's got tremendous upside and I'd love for him to be a big part of this team as early as this season, I'm just trying to look at the situation objectively. Hickey's undergone two major surgeries, broken his ankle, and suffered from a concussion since being drafted. That's concerning. Since joining the professional ranks, he's played in 23 out of 96 possible games, most of the time while trying to play through a shoulder injury. That's not ideal in any way.

Additionally, he's now had two major injuries that he's tried to play through for an extended period of time. Rather than shutting himself down and getting healthy, he's risked his well-being for the sake of immediacy. While I understand that the ankle injury came during the WHL playoff stretch, why push it with the shoulder at the beginning of the season? It's short-term thinking that doesn't make much sense when he has the possibility of a lengthy career ahead of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post
just a word about Nicolas Deslauriers, he wont be back in Rouyn Noranda this year... he will be playing with the Gatineau Olympics
Thank you for the heads up on that.

Old
09-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post

It's OK. AIUI, Drewiske will no longer be a prospect once he plays in 6 more games.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:

We have to move Parse from RW to LW.......

I was under the impression that Parse already was a left winger.

PS: Kaunisto plays on the LW, but has yet to be added to our depth chart. Also, Braun started out on LW, so could probably rotate between both positions. In camp, Jordan Nolan has been playing LW.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Manbearpig17

Quote:

Semin-gate August 2011

Manbearpig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Manbearpig17

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
My list is a bit different:

Bernier
Schenn
Hickey
Clifford
Voynov
Loktionov
Deslauriers
Jones
Forbort
Teubert
Czarnik
Kozun
Weal
Toffoli
Vey
Drewiske
Muzzin
Holloway
Kitsyn
King

Seems more of a "right now" and less of an upside list to me...but then why so down on DD2? He's pretty "right now"

Manbearpig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 01:00 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
It's not that it was just my belief, just that I was having trouble finding a source. Did some digging, here you go:
http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...ey-update.html

First off, you should know that I'm not bashing Hickey as a prospect, I think he's got tremendous upside and I'd love for him to be a big part of this team as early as this season, I'm just trying to look at the situation objectively. Hickey's undergone two major surgeries, broken his ankle, and suffered from a concussion since being drafted. That's concerning. Since joining the professional ranks, he's played in 23 out of 96 possible games, most of the time while trying to play through a shoulder injury. That's not ideal in any way.

Additionally, he's now had two major injuries that he's tried to play through for an extended period of time. Rather than shutting himself down and getting healthy, he's risked his well-being for the sake of immediacy. While I understand that the ankle injury came during the WHL playoff stretch, why push it with the shoulder at the beginning of the season? It's short-term thinking that doesn't make much sense when he has the possibility of a lengthy career ahead of him.

Thank you for the heads up on that.
Yep, not meaning my comments as an attack on your or your reasoning. I just don't buy into the injury prone talk. It's one of those things where both sides to me have valid points.

Btw, thank you very much for the effort and write ups. It's very much appreciated!

Old
09-19-2010, 01:01 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig17 View Post
Semin-gate August 2011
Yeah, eventually we have to land someone right?