HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Training Camp Thread - Camp is over, season starts TODAY!

Old
09-16-2010, 04:51 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
which goalies have played in these games?

obviously they are playing pretty well since they have a combined 0.500 GAA
Pickard and Lindback, but Florida didn't really have much to challenge them.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 07:44 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Did Clackson get to play in the second game?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Did Clackson get to play in the second game?
No, he didnt... Here is video from today.. http://video.panthers.nhl.com/videoc...d=723&id=75436

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:14 PM
predfan24

Not really a surprising result in either game for me as we were basically icing junior stars and AHL, 22,23 year old NCAA players and a Hobey Baker winner in there and a guy who was PPG in Swedish league last year. Florida was icing a bunch of tryout players and their good talent is very young so the result isn't surprising. Still glad they lived up to expectations. Can't wait to some of the guys in preseason versus a bit better competition.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:23 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Clackson was cut. I think he was cut after the first game.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Is Blum going to make the team?

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
Is Blum going to make the team?
Doubtful, but there is always a chance. He'll see some NHL time before the season is over though.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 01:32 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Camp Group Rosters

BLUE
2 D Aaron Johnson
6 D Shea Weber
11 C David Legwand
12 RW Andreas Thuresson
16 C Cal O'Reilly
28 RW Jonas Andersson
29 RW Joel Ward
49 D Ryan Ellis
22 RW Jordin Tootoo
53 C Chris Mueller
54 D Charles-Olivier Roussel
55 C Michael Latta
56 LW Taylor Beck
64 D Scott Lehman
72 C Austin Watson
77 D Ryan Parent

WHITE
3 RW Wade Belak
4 D Cody Franson
5 C Blake Geoffrion
7 D Jonathon Blum
10 LW Martin Erat
13 C Nick Spaling
15 C Matthew Lombardi
24 RW Matt Halischuk
26 RW Steve Sullivan
33 C Colin Wilson
40 D Grant Lewis
41 C Mark Santorelli
45 RW Ryan Flynn
47 D Scott Ford
52 D Alexander Sulzer
51 D Francis Bouillon
61 D Cameron Wind

SILVER
8 D Kevin Klein
9 C Marcel Goc
20 D Ryan Suter
21 C Jamie Lundmark
23 D Brett Palin
25 C Jerred Smithson
27 RW Patric Hornqvist
32 D Teemu Laakso
38 LW Kelsey Wilson
57 LW Gabriel Bourque
59 D Roman Josi
60 D Jamie Doornbosch
62 RW Mark Van Guilder
65 LW Ryan Thang
71 RW J.P. Dumont
74 LW Sergei Kostitsyn

Goalies
30 Jeremy Smith
31 Mark Dekanich
35 Pekka Rinne
37 Chet Pickard
39 Anders Lindback

Injured
58 LW Linus Klasen
75 D Taylor Aronson

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 02:15 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
For anyone going, can you tell me how these guys look: SKostitsyn, Andersson, Legwand.

Thanks, have fun!! I hope to get down there during the week, but I just can't make it Saturday.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Couldn't make it today, but I'm planning on watching the scrimmage tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing SK especially. The kids got talent, he just has to learn how to use it.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 08:43 PM
cleangene

From spectators reporting On The Forecheck, SK seemed "out of it", "bored", and dissinterested" today. Hopefully he can get more comfortable with his new team and surroundings, or he may live up to that "major headcase" lable.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
From spectators reporting On The Forecheck, SK seemed "out of it", "bored", and dissinterested" today. Hopefully he can get more comfortable with his new team and surroundings, or he may live up to that "major headcase" lable.
frustrating. He really does have the skills. I was counting on him to get his head on straight and produce for us.....

Old
09-18-2010, 09:11 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
In other news, the sky is blue, sharks are dangerous, and hipsters misuse the word "ironic"on a daily basis.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 09:25 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
In other news, the sky is blue, sharks are dangerous, and hipsters misuse the word "ironic"on a daily basis.
If that's the case, he won't make the team...but those are pretty heavy words to be readily accepted from "spectators" who can condemn in one breath, inhale, and blow their Tootoo whistle the next. We'll just wait and see how it shakes out.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 09:59 PM
WartracePred

Does anyone know if SK was in town the last week or so skating with the team?

I have my doubts about this guy, but maybe he is just out of sorts with a new team and the language barrier. Training camp is short so we'll have our answer about his attitude/abilities soon enough. I think he has a very short leash with all the forwards fighting for a limited number of roster spots. Lack of work ethic and a poor attitude will get you nowhere with Trotz.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
Does anyone know if SK was in town the last week or so skating with the team?

I have my doubts about this guy, but maybe he is just out of sorts with a new team and the language barrier. Training camp is short so we'll have our answer about his attitude/abilities soon enough. I think he has a very short leash with all the forwards fighting for a limited number of roster spots. Lack of work ethic and a poor attitude will get you nowhere with Trotz.
sure will get you to Milwaukee in a hurry though.

Old
09-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Very good article at PredLines.om today with a recap from training camp and quotes directly from Kostitsyn regarding his first day at camp and his thoughts on what he needs to do to make the team out of camp...

Quote:
Saturday afternoon, Kostitsyn spoke with the media after his first official practice in a Predators uniform. When asked about his initial impression of his new team, Kostitsyn had some high praise. “The guys are nice guys here and I feel pretty good here. They have a good team. Very good defensemen, goalie and good forwards and I think I can help the team win some games” Kostitsyn said, adding that he believed he would fit in with the Predators style of play and was happy to have been sent to Music City. “I was expecting to be traded but I didn’t know where. My agent called me and told me the Nashville Predators traded for me. I’m really happy to be here. I watched a couple of the playoff games against Chicago,” he said. It was the positive attitude Kostitsyn needs to succeed in Nashville.
http://predlines.com/2010/09/18/trai...titsyn-speaks/

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:57 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
thought the same thing in the 20 minutes i saw him today as well. had some good skills, but seemed very disinterested, and wasnt really talking to anyone (players)

i too hope it works out though

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Tapp

I suppose I’ll offer up my observations on Kostitsyn which seems to be a little different from a lot of others. I will agree that he didn’t do anything to wow me, today. But I didn’t see anything that left me thinking he was “disinterested”. He was on a line with Lundmark and Hörnqvist. I thought they were very talkative between rushes. I watched Kostitsyn talk with Lundmark multiple times, Lundmark and Hörnqvist talk multiple times, and Hörnqvist and Kostitsyn talk. Who knows what they were talking about, but I assumed they were talking about either what just happened or what they wanted to do on their next go at it. As an example, after one shift, as they waited their turn Kostitsyn skated over to Hörnqvist and started talking and gesturing down ice.

I thought they were one of the more successful lines at scoring during the line exercises today. A tip of the hat goes to Lundmark who really made me take notice as he did most of the scoring on that line. Hörnqvist chipped in a few. I don’t remember Kostitsyn scoring (he may have and I didn’t catch it), but I thought he contributed with a couple of nice passes – and I never caught myself thinking – well he just screwed that up. True, on that line, today, I would have rated him third – because Lundmark did so well, and Hörnqvist brought his normal work ethic around the net. But again, I thought the three, together, were one of the more productive lines.

I normally don’t post my thoughts after practices or even games, but since I didn’t get the impression that Kostitsyn was “disinterested” or “bored”, I thought I’d say so – as a bit of a counterview. It was day one on the ice. I’m more than happy to wait and see how this plays out for all the guys.

(PS - I hate that Klasen may not get a chance to make a case for himself during camp. Hopefully, he will recover from the concussion quickly and be able to start stating his case. I did read in a Swedish paper that this is his first concussion.)

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 01:36 AM
predfan24

You guys might be mistaking his uncomfortableness due to being on a new team in a new city as a misconstrued idea of disinterest. He hasn't been here practicing with the team I'm sure it will take some time for him to warm up to everybody. Some guys have personalties where they can fit in anywhere quickly and other guys are more reserved.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 05:27 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
I did not see the "out of it" or "bored" or "disinterested". I saw someone who looked like he didn't really know anyone and was watching to learn.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
You guys might be mistaking his uncomfortableness due to being on a new team in a new city as a misconstrued idea of disinterest. He hasn't been here practicing with the team I'm sure it will take some time for him to warm up to everybody. Some guys have personalties where they can fit in anywhere quickly and other guys are more reserved.
I really hope thats it. We could really use him if he gave 100%. Maybe Hornqvist will help him by osmosis....

Old
09-19-2010, 10:11 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Heh, I could come in with an overly analytical comment about the Preds needing to subcontract a strong psychoanalytical department, but the shear fact is this is day 1 of camp. Sounds to me like SK has "First day of School" jitters.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 02:09 PM
JL17

Having watched him in London for 2 years his play lends to the look of disinterested. He doesn't do anything flashy but he's got a ton of skill. His skating stride isn't flashy somewhat like a train starts slow but then when it's going it's going. He'll be skating back like nothing happened then out of no where lay a huge open ice hit. He continued that same play into Montreal / Hamilton. It's hard to judge when SK plays well and when he's struggling.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 02:58 PM
29dryden29

The disinterested etc sounds pretty much par for the course from everything I have seen from him from his days in London and in Montreal. You got yourselves a keeper there.....

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote