HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010/2011 Ducks Training Camp 9/19/2010 (Update: Opening Night Roster Added)

Old
09-18-2010, 07:22 PM
James Franco

vCash: 500
I hope Fowler makes the team, that would be so legit. I would assume that he is creating come chemistry with Sutton. I don't see anyone taking a run at Fowler if he's playing on a D line with Sutton.

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 07:26 PM
lwvs84

Send a message via AIM to lwvs84
I really want to go to one of the next two days, how early would I have to get there for decent seats? And is all of it free or are there charges for parking or anything else? Thanks in advance.

lwvs84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Duckguy

I got there an hour early but it wasnt at all neccessary. Honestly just get there 15 minutes before and you'll be fine. The NHL rink is where the Scrimmage is played so that's your best bet to watch the practice before. Parking is free inside the structure, theres no admission, plus there were giveaways outside of the rink. No brainer!

Duckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckguy View Post
Etem has some speed but one of the worst skating strides I've ever seen at this level. At times it looks like he is going to fall face first. Also, half the time he stopped his skates would studder like he was still learning his edges. I'm really curious what the Ducks plan on doing with his stride. IMO he has a lot of work to do.
That really doesn't make much sense. Yeah, his stride looks bad, but it's very effective, why mess with it? That's part of the season he fell(probably the majority reason), yet is probably a non-issue. Don't mess with a good thing, it can only end badly.

Also, is there another practice tonight or something, or why the lack of reports? I think this one and ericnut's are the only two I've read between here and ALLDUCKS(which usually has a ton, especially from the first day). I heard that the turnout was amazing, so what gives?

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 08:00 PM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDuck View Post
Not a day goes by since Ducks disappointing season months ago. Yet with Training Camp already Started....Things have started with questions. At least five on OCregister. Eitherway nothing should be left to assumptions or Predicts then seeing our team return back to Greatness. I am very confident this team can achieve their task in getting back into the Stanley Cup Playoffs. D maybe Rebuilding but it should be needed our Ducks strong O must be utilized for the edge Ducks needed. The notion our team will not make it is absurd and Foolish.....for now i look forward for Ducks to Regain their Honor and restore Glory that is their own.

Also this is my first post here on HFBoards i am eager to talk Ducks Hockey and share passion of the Ducks with Ducksfans here.

ANAHEIM DUCKS 4EVER!
We can talk Ducks hockey here ghost. We can talk about the team in general, management, the farm system, the players, the coaching staff, the NHL, etc. What we don't need here are your hurrah-hurrah speeches. We as Ducks fans know what's at stake, what we don't need is your fanboy-ism. I understand your passion and your enthusiasm and I'm positive I may get docked with a point here but I quit the Official boards a while ago simply because of your fanboy-ism, ghost.

Last edited by S.S. Giggy: 09-18-2010 at 08:14 PM.
S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 08:14 PM
jiggsawpuzzle35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDuck View Post
Not a day goes by since Ducks disappointing season months ago. Yet with Training Camp already Started....Things have started with questions. At least five on OCregister. Eitherway nothing should be left to assumptions or Predicts then seeing our team return back to Greatness. I am very confident this team can achieve their task in getting back into the Stanley Cup Playoffs. D maybe Rebuilding but it should be needed our Ducks strong O must be utilized for the edge Ducks needed. The notion our team will not make it is absurd and Foolish.....for now i look forward for Ducks to Regain their Honor and restore Glory that is their own.

Also this is my first post here on HFBoards i am eager to talk Ducks Hockey and share passion of the Ducks with Ducksfans here.

ANAHEIM DUCKS 4EVER!
Oh no, it's him. I hope someone is playing a joke. Not funny.

jiggsawpuzzle35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 08:23 PM
jiggsawpuzzle35

Like some of the posters have already said, Fowler looked awesome out there. His puck handling skill is just ridiculous for a person who has yet to play a game in the NHL. He might not yet be NHL ready, but I wouldn't mind seeing him play with the big boys this yr. Btw, Bobkov is huge in person. I don't know how anybody can score on that guy. The guy covers the whole freaking net.

It's like shooting at that, except the holes are smaller.

Old
09-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Mooseduck

Welcome aboard Ghost

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey234

Igor Bobkov

I was wondering, from someone who watched today, what their thoughts on him were? Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the training camp today. I am aware, though, that Bobkov was on the ice. I think he has really good potential and playing in London this year will certainly help his development. Just curious on how he looked.

Hey234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 08:38 PM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

My hopes are rising that Fowler makes the team.

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Mooseduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey234 View Post
I was wondering, from someone who watched today, what their thoughts on him were? Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the training camp today. I am aware, though, that Bobkov was on the ice. I think he has really good potential and playing in London this year will certainly help his development. Just curious on how he looked.
To be honest,
I didn't pay attention to him this morning (lots happening).
Perhaps others can add him to their watch list and report back if possible.

Also, there are some articles/info in the prospect threads.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 09:31 PM
SoCalHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
We can talk Ducks hockey here ghost. We can talk about the team in general, management, the farm system, the players, the coaching staff, the NHL, etc. What we don't need here are your hurrah-hurrah speeches. We as Ducks fans know what's at stake, what we don't need is your fanboy-ism. I understand your passion and your enthusiasm and I'm positive I may get docked with a point here but I quit the Official boards a while ago simply because of your fanboy-ism, ghost.
This.

SoCalHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 09:37 PM
lwvs84

Send a message via AIM to lwvs84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckguy View Post
I got there an hour early but it wasnt at all neccessary. Honestly just get there 15 minutes before and you'll be fine. The NHL rink is where the Scrimmage is played so that's your best bet to watch the practice before. Parking is free inside the structure, theres no admission, plus there were giveaways outside of the rink. No brainer!
Wow thanks! Perfectly priced for me.

lwvs84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 09:44 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
That really doesn't make much sense. Yeah, his stride looks bad, but it's very effective, why mess with it? That's part of the season he fell(probably the majority reason), yet is probably a non-issue. Don't mess with a good thing, it can only end badly.
You are right that it might be risky to tinker with his effective skating style.

But there is one slight concern. Etem is not a tall guy, being 6' flat. But his skating posture has him a little hunched over and slanted forward. His head is lowered, and this might be a slight concussion risk as defensemen might catch him at stride up high.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:01 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 800
My boyfriend and I noticed Etem's stride in rookie camp and he commented then it definitely looks like a roller blade stride. He did learn to skate on roller blades more than ice, so it's not too surprising.

One thing no one has mentioned I noticed is Getzlaf looks like he has lost weight. Might be the issue with his wisdom teeth, but he was seriously out of breath during the drills after the scrimmage. He was always in the back of the pack and was barely keeping up with the rest of the guys by the end.

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:11 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
Speak for yourself, I <3 his posts.

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 11:48 PM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
Speak for yourself, I <3 his posts.
To each his own. I personally did not like his posts in the Official Boards because this is a Message Boards and it's main purpose is in-depth discussion, not fanboy-ism and acting like a cheerleader.

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 11:54 PM
James Franco

Does anyone have a good picture of Curtis's new mask?

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 01:38 AM
jiggsawpuzzle35

i do, but i can't find my usb cable. mask is sick though.

Old
09-19-2010, 03:46 AM
Giguere27

Lines were:

Team Black:

Deschamps-Ryan-Sexton
Beleskey-Koivu-Etem
Jaffray-Holland-Selänne
Bordson-Macenauer-Smith
Marchant-Bodie

Visnovsky-Brookbank
Newton-DiPenta
Sbisa-Mitera
Valentine

Hiller-Levasseur

Team White:

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Smith-Pelly
Blake-Bonino-Perry
Voros-Chipchura-Sharp
McMillan-Carter-Green
Veilleux-Parros

Sutton-Fowler
Mikkelsson-Syvret
Festerling-Clark
Mara

McElhinney-Pielmeier-Bobkov

Giguere27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 03:46 AM
Giguere27

Camp Day Two

Last edited by Mooseduck: 09-19-2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Add Thread Marker
Giguere27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 10:23 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
Besides the photos, the Ducks main site also has some video. It's something for those of us who can't attend the training camp in person.

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...id=DL|ANA|home

Judging by the press and some of the reviews, I'm worried that they will be giving Fowler a long look at staying past 9 games. Our defense is pretty nonmobile and bad at breaking out, so Fowler could contribute in that area. And his skating and puck-moving does look as advertised.

But I'm really worried whether he is physically ready to handle an NHL schedule with NHL forwards. Even Scott Niedermayer, who many compare Fowler to and who was drafted 3rd overall, returned for another year of juniors. I also think Philadelphia stalled Sbisa's development a bit by keeping him up in 2009 and not playing him enough. Not to mention the years lost of RFA.

edit: so they only had 2 teams? They've had 4 teams in the past. I wonder why they're cutting it down.

Last edited by snarktacular: 09-19-2010 at 10:32 AM.
snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 10:45 AM
ericnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Besides the photos, the Ducks main site also has some video. It's something for those of us who can't attend the training camp in person.

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...id=DL|ANA|home

Judging by the press and some of the reviews, I'm worried that they will be giving Fowler a long look at staying past 9 games. Our defense is pretty nonmobile and bad at breaking out, so Fowler could contribute in that area. And his skating and puck-moving does look as advertised.

But I'm really worried whether he is physically ready to handle an NHL schedule with NHL forwards. Even Scott Niedermayer, who many compare Fowler to and who was drafted 3rd overall, returned for another year of juniors. I also think Philadelphia stalled Sbisa's development a bit by keeping him up in 2009 and not playing him enough. Not to mention the years lost of RFA.

edit: so they only had 2 teams? They've had 4 teams in the past. I wonder why they're cutting it down.
Worried? Fowler was one of better players on the ice yesterday, and may have been our best defenseman. I will be shocked if he doesn't stick with the team this year and I say this with a sigh of relief because I was worried about our D (duh).

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 10:49 AM
ericnut

One more note...

Bodie looked horrible. I don't expect him to make this team.

Old
09-19-2010, 10:57 AM
ericnut

Stephane Veilleux

http://ducks.ocregister.com/2010/09/...10/#more-44010

FYI, I'm already a huge fan of Veilleux after watching day 1 of training camp. He will make this team.