HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Tim Panaccio: Scouts say Bobrovsky could make the team this fall

Old
09-18-2010, 06:13 PM
mercury

vCash: 500
It's weird to see "great goalie coach" and "here in Philadelphia" together in a sentence.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 07:09 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Interesting Article posted about Bobo.

http://www.csnphilly.com/09/17/10/Is...860&feedID=695

Man I am getting hyped about this kid. No freaking goalie coach and he still played that good!
If that's truly the case with Bobrovsky, then the Flyers have hit the jackpot with regards to this signing. A goalie to put up those good numbers and have no coaching? Damn, he's gonna be a monster when he does get good instruction. People can say what they want about Jeff Reese, but Michael Leighton should be thanking his lucky stars about how Reese resurrected his career. I'm kind of giddy thinking what Bobrovsky could do this year. I'm now more than convinced - Lundqvist numbers are a possibility.........

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I believe that they think Leighton is good enough for the short term, and that one of their prospects is good enough for the long term.
That's what Homer said in early July. He didn't want a big acquisition and long term deal for a goalie because they think Bobrovsky and Eriksson are going to be starters, so he wanted a short term solution.

Interesting comments by both Lavy and Richards about the goalies too.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 08:11 PM
mercury

If Bobrovsky is the real deal, then this team's window is a lot bigger than it was.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 01:21 AM
mypunkrock

Come on people.

Don't get excited. Expect Bob to have a groin pull by November, have it reoccur throughout the year, and he will get hyped every year.

We know this: Nitty, Backlund, Boucher, who could be next?

On a team that deals with either a) hip issues, b) groin issues, or c) concussions, let us take this with more granules of salt than the Pacific.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 05:37 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Come on people.

Don't get excited. Expect Bob to have a groin pull by November, have it reoccur throughout the year, and he will get hyped every year.

On a team that deals with either a) hip issues, b) groin issues, or c) concussions, let us take this with more granules of salt than the Pacific.
This is sadly true

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 07:34 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Nah, what's going to happen is he's going to play a few NHL games and then not do so well and then everyone will turn on him because he's not Lundqvist.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 09:54 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
That's what Homer said in early July. He didn't want a big acquisition and long term deal for a goalie because they think Bobrovsky and Eriksson are going to be starters, so he wanted a short term solution.

Interesting comments by both Lavy and Richards about the goalies too.
No goalie available was getting a long-term deal, so that is not valid. Everyone got a 1- or 2-year deal like Leighton did.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 10:18 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Come on people.

The article discuss how goalies coming from Europe/KHL often have groin injuries because of the smaller rink. This is probably another reason to make sure Bobo does go through some conditioning in the AHL, just so he can realize the demands on the body.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 11:07 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
It's weird to see "great goalie coach" and "here in Philadelphia" together in a sentence.
No it isnt. It would be weirder to see "great goalie" and "here in Philadelphia" together in a sentence.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 11:16 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
No it isnt. It would be weirder to see "great goalie" and "here in Philadelphia" together in a sentence.
It IS nice to here anything positive about a Flyers goalie. If you were to gauge life by HFBoards alone, the US would be Canada's ***** and the Flyers would be a team of goons backed up by a shooter tutor.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 12:16 PM
infidelappel*

While I'm trying to take everything with a grain of salt until I can actually watch Bobro for myself and study him playing the NA game for a decent sample size, I'm starting to get really excited about this kid.

It sounds like he has an interesting and potentially very effective style from what I've heard, and from listening to him he seems so hard working and down to earth. It sounds like he just wants to play in the NHL and do his job, and that kind of attitude could go a long way.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 04:37 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Nah, what's going to happen is he's going to play a few NHL games and then not do so well and then everyone will turn on him because he's not Lundqvist.
Yeap. This is what will happen. And everyone will bash Homer saying it was such a bad move because everyone knew this guy was going to suck and Michael Leighton is the worst goalie ever too and Matt Walker for Gagne was a terrible trade! And so forth and so on...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 06:14 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I don't think anyone on here said he was Lundqvist. I'm not expecting him to be a Lundqvist type either. However, I do think he's more than ready to challenge for a spot on the team and if he does, playing behind the defense in Philadelphia might mean he could put up similar numbers to that of Lundqvist in his first year in the NHL. If you really want me to put a "label" on who Bobrovsky could turn out to be, I think it's very plausible that he could be a Jonathan Quick or Jimmy Howard type goalie. And if that's the case, then yeah, I'm totally down with that.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 11:04 AM
flountown

I am sure others saw the Frank Seravalli tweet that Bobrovksy is expected to play the second half of tomorrow's preseason opener...

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 11:20 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I don't think anyone on here said he was Lundqvist. I'm not expecting him to be a Lundqvist type either. However, I do think he's more than ready to challenge for a spot on the team and if he does, playing behind the defense in Philadelphia might mean he could put up similar numbers to that of Lundqvist in his first year in the NHL. If you really want me to put a "label" on who Bobrovsky could turn out to be, I think it's very plausible that he could be a Jonathan Quick or Jimmy Howard type goalie. And if that's the case, then yeah, I'm totally down with that.
You realize that Lundqvist played 53 games for the Rangers in his first season and performed a .922 SV% and a 2.24 GAA ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
I am sure others saw the Frank Seravalli tweet that Bobrovksy is expected to play the second half of tomorrow's preseason opener...
That's promising news.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote