HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

LA Kings Know Itís Time For Jonathan Bernier To Play In The NHL

Old
09-19-2010, 07:32 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

God, im so excited to see if he really turns into what we all hope he will become. Easily what im most looking forward too to start this season is Berniers first start

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I too am very happy he will finally be up with the big club. With him with us, it gives us lethal options in goal, where we could finally have top-notch goaltending for the full 82 games, which is something we haven't seen in LA for quite some time...

ďEvery good army needs a couple of criminals.Ē - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I too am very happy he will finally be up with the big club. With him with us, it gives us lethal options in goal, where we could finally have top-notch goaltending for the full 82 games, which is something we haven't seen in LA for quite some time...
quite some time...what about, never before?

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 11:15 AM
AStammer7*

What About Vachon and Edwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
quite some time...what about, never before?

For some of you young-ins you probably never heard of Rogie Vachon and Gary Edwards let alone saw them play. The Kings where a pretty good team 1973-75 where defensive and especially goaltending play was paramount...

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

I am so stoked for this kid. I really see greatness in his future. And playing behind a future powerhouse like LA is going to epic. Already snagged Bernier in my keeper leagues.

By the way, great article. Really well written and informative. Kudos to the writer.

Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStammer7 View Post
For some of you young-ins you probably never heard of Rogie Vachon and Gary Edwards let alone saw them play. The Kings where a pretty good team 1973-75 where defensive and especially goaltending play was paramount...
Yes, because Kings fans have never heard of Vachon.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 01:43 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Still have the news paper clippings from when they came to town. I actually liked Edwards more back then. But your right a great tandom.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 01:51 PM
sueroe

I am looking forward to see Bernier up here for a season finally! Nice to have a young talented goaltending tandem!

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 02:35 PM
123slam

For most of us, we've been waiting for Bernier to pan out and get his chance for so, so damn long. It feels so good that the time is finally here.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 02:37 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
JB's role on this team will probably end up being much bigger than we ever thought it would or could be..

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 02:49 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Don't want to take the time to start a poll (someone else can if they like), but it would be interesting to see how many people think JB will steal the #1 spot from JQ at some point this season. I believe he will, not that JQ will falter greatly but that JB will get hot and lets just pray that Murray knows what all good coaches know and that as far as goalies go, you play the hot hand.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Don't want to take the time to start a poll (someone else can if they like), but it would be interesting to see how many people think JB will steal the #1 spot from JQ at some point this season. I believe he will, not that JQ will falter greatly but that JB will get hot and lets just pray that Murray knows what all good coaches know and that as far as goalies go, you play the hot hand.
I just have this feeling that Quick will stay as the #1 this year, and not because of any political happenings, but because Bernier plays well as the #2 and pushes Quick to maintain a high level of play.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 09:50 AM
MollerManor

Poor Ersberg.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

Yeah Ersberg is really getting screwed in all this. Especially because he's been damn solid the last three years.

Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
That's one thing I do give Murray credit for, is he usually does play the hot hand. The only problem is he usually switches it up too soon after it slips a bit from cloud 9, but if Bernier walks in and gets a shutout, he is playing next game following, guaranteed.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 02:38 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Like most of you, I can't wait to see what Bernier can do at this level. He has excelled everywhere he has been and I think the few games he got into last year really proved what he can do. Playing at this level all year, facing NHLers in practice will only make him more comfortable with the NHL pace.

I think Bernier is good enough to be #1 right now, but Quick deserves that role unless he stumbles. We really have a perfect situation here, barring injury. Two very young goalies that have the ability to be #1 and push each other to excel.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
74-75 was the year our whole team played a defensive game under Pulford. Gary Edwards was just a so so goalie who played the easier games on the schedule. That year was his only good year in 10+ seasons. From reading stories of those years what Gary Edwards brought was his sense of humor. Those years you had so many characters the game. Now everybody from a young age is taught though camps and instructions and play pretty much the same. In the old days you had funky skaters, shooters, etc... more individual styles and personalities. I miss those days especially in Hockey and Baseball.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Yes, because Kings fans have never heard of Vachon.
Did you not see the quote he was replying too?

Oh yeah,

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:47 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
I think the major question is going to be how fast King fans turn on Quick if he is being outplayed.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Bernier is sharp but before he is anointed let's not forget that the physical rigors of being a starting goalie in the NHL are greater than being a starter in the AHL. Higher intensity, more travel, tougher pressure.

I think we will see a 52/30 split or so this year and the tough decision will come when it's time to evaluate who is playing better in April.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote