HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Start/Sit Week 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-18-2010, 12:49 AM
  #51
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Vick Vs Detroit
or
Rivers Vs Jacksonville

I have a feeling Vick will be running wild against the Lions. He'll be starting for the 1st time since 2006 and I think he'll jump all over this opportunity. He had a very solid game in week one playing only half a game as the sub.

Rivers played "ok" versus the Chiefs but whitout a true #1 WR, I just don't see him surpassing Vick's possible "breakout game".

Am I still drunk or do I actually make sense


P.S. I'd be dropping Marian Barber to pick up Vick. My #1 Qb is Rivers and I have Big Ben as my #2. My RB's are Gore, P. Thomas, Stewart and B. Jacobs


Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 09-18-2010 at 09:59 AM.
DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 06:28 PM
  #52
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,808
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
2 of (Foster & B. Jackson

Arian Foster
Brandon Jackson
Pierre Thomas
Steven Jackson

Shonn Greene or Brandon Jacobs? (Greene)

2 of (Aromashodu, Naanee)

Aromashodu
Naanee
Santana Moss
Mike Williams (TB)
Mike Williams (SEA)

2 of (MJD, Thomas)

Pierre Thomas
MJD
Steven Jackson
Beanie Wells

2 of (Welker, Massaquoi)

Wes Welker
Jacoby Jones
Mohammed Massaquoi
Naanee
Gaffney
Aromashodu

1 of (Garcon)

Garcon
Aromashodu
Gaffney

My probable choice in parentheses.

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 08:39 PM
  #53
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...
 
Jack Tripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
2 of (Foster & B. Jackson

Arian Foster
Brandon Jackson
Pierre Thomas
Steven Jackson

Shonn Greene or Brandon Jacobs? (Greene)

2 of (Aromashodu, Naanee)

Aromashodu
Naanee
Santana Moss
Mike Williams (TB)
Mike Williams (SEA)

2 of (MJD, Thomas)

Pierre Thomas
MJD
Steven Jackson
Beanie Wells

2 of (Welker, Massaquoi)

Wes Welker
Jacoby Jones
Mohammed Massaquoi
Naanee
Gaffney
Aromashodu

1 of (Garcon)

Garcon
Aromashodu
Gaffney

My probable choice in parentheses.
i'd go with s. jackson/foster, greene, moss/williams (tb), s. jackson/mjd, welker/gaffney, and garcon

which 3 of these rb's would someone roll with this weekend:

steven jackson
jahvid best
jamaal charles
ahmad bradshaw
darren mcfadden

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 08:43 PM
  #54
Reality Check
Registered User
 
Reality Check's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,406
vCash: 500
Two RB's and a Flex:

Michael Turner
Arian Foster
Brandon Jackson
Ahmad Bradshaw

Reality Check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:28 PM
  #55
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,808
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
i'd go with s. jackson/foster, greene, moss/williams (tb), s. jackson/mjd, welker/gaffney, and garcon

which 3 of these rb's would someone roll with this weekend:

steven jackson
jahvid best
jamaal charles
ahmad bradshaw
darren mcfadden
I'd go with Jackson, Charles, and Bradshaw.

Quote:
Two RB's and a Flex:

Michael Turner
Arian Foster
Brandon Jackson
Ahmad Bradshaw
Foster, Jackson, Turner

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 12:33 AM
  #56
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 16,062
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Pick 3 from Arian Foster, Mendenhall, Jamaal Charles and Steven Jackson.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 11:01 AM
  #57
Scooter13z
Registered User
 
Scooter13z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sec. 324 Row 3
Country: United States
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scooter13z
Who to start at WR3 in a 14 team league:

Mike Williams (TB) vs Carolina or Eddie Royal vs Seattle

Scooter13z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 11:24 AM
  #58
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,679
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Pick 3 from Arian Foster, Mendenhall, Jamaal Charles and Steven Jackson.
the bolded

__________________






BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 11:58 AM
  #59
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 12,173
vCash: 500
Here's something of a fun choice. This is a TD only league.

Clinton Portis or Willis McGahee?

Portis is listed as questionable, but practiced all week with the team. Leaning toward McGahee just looking for the goal line carries.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 12:12 PM
  #60
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,644
vCash: 500
Really havin a hard time makin this decision i need 2 of

Gore
Foster
D.Williams

Really wanna start Gore and Foster but DWill plays TB, i know either way im gonna end up making the wrong decision


Last edited by Big Poppa Puck: 09-19-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 12:26 PM
  #61
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 12,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Really havin a hard time makin this decision i need 2 of

Gore
Foster
D.Williams

Really wanna start Gore and Foster but DWill plays TB, i know either way im gonna end up making the wrong decision
I think Foster's the first pick, he's most likely to get 25+ carries. Between Gore and Williams that's hard. I like Gore and SF is going to really want to run the ball badly to keep Brees off the field as long as possible, but Williams has the more favorable matchup, even though he's splitting some carries. I'd probably go with Williams as less risky than Gore but I wouldn't like having to do so.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 12:34 PM
  #62
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
I think Foster's the first pick, he's most likely to get 25+ carries. Between Gore and Williams that's hard. I like Gore and SF is going to really want to run the ball badly to keep Brees off the field as long as possible, but Williams has the more favorable matchup, even though he's splitting some carries. I'd probably go with Williams as less risky than Gore but I wouldn't like having to do so.
i just know though that whoever i end up sitting will have a big game.

Im about to use the Eklund method and just draw 2 names out of a hat.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 12:40 PM
  #63
CCCP
Registered User
 
CCCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 500
Need to star 1 of 3 as my #3 WR:

Gaffney Vs. Seattle
Housh @ Bengals
Sims-Walker @ SD

Thanks in advance!

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 12:42 PM
  #64
dogbazinho
Registered User
 
dogbazinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Quick. Steelers DST vs Titans or TItans DST vs Steelers. Keeping in mind I have Chris Johnson.

dogbazinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 12:43 PM
  #65
CCCP
Registered User
 
CCCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTClikeCandy View Post
Quick. Steelers DST vs Titans or TItans DST vs Steelers. Keeping in mind I have Chris Johnson.
That's a tough one. I would go with the home team.

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 05:11 PM
  #66
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,100
vCash: 500
So I was kind of wrong about DeAngelo Williams.

****

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 11:18 PM
  #67
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,710
vCash: 500
damn. 40 points sitting on my bench. Thanks jahvid best.

at least i started brandon jackson instead of ryan mathews, who got injured.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 12:14 AM
  #68
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...
 
Jack Tripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
damn. 40 points sitting on my bench. Thanks jahvid best.

at least i started brandon jackson instead of ryan mathews, who got injured.
i have too many good backs...i started steven jackson, mcfadden, and bradshaw, all of which had good days, and yet best stays on the bench collecting 40 points and i lose the week

is there any first-round running back other than adrian peterson that's going to step up and join arian foster and jahvid best in the "never bench your studs" 2010 class? maybe mccoy or mcfadden the way they are playing, but the top round rb picks like jones-drew, rice, turner, gore, johnson, greene, charles, mathews, grant (ir), williams, ect...are underperforming compared to their average draft position

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.