HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any word on the line-ups?

Old
09-20-2010, 01:19 PM
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP

vCash: 500
Any word on the line-ups?

have you guys heard anything on the linups for tomorrow nights game against Jersey?
Who will be starting in net? Bobrovsky?

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Lines used yesterday:

Carcillo-Briere-Hartnell
Richards-Carter-Zherdev
JVR-Giroux-Guerin
Lappy-Powe-Shelley

So, in other words: who the **** knows?

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 01:45 PM
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Lines used yesterday:

Carcillo-Briere-Hartnell
Richards-Carter-Zherdev
JVR-Giroux-Guerin
Lappy-Powe-Shelley

So, in other words: who the **** knows?
Ya i guess plus there will be some prospects playing. Do you think bobrovsky will start?

Old
09-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by girouxrichards View Post
Ya i guess plus there will be some prospects playing. Do you think bobrovsky will start?
Someone here said (on another thread?) that Bobrovsky will play the 2nd half of the game.

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 02:43 PM
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
Someone here said (on another thread?) that Bobrovsky will play the 2nd half of the game.
Oh right on

Old
09-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Cartsiephan*

So after hearing Laviolette and seeing what he put on the ice my guess is he has his lines pretty much set at this point in his head, now it is just seeing if they the chemistry works.

Zherdev-Richards/Carter-Carter/Richards
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
JvR-Giroux-Guerin
Shelley-Carcillo-Powe-Betts-Laperriere

Looks good.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:31 AM
clockwise

It'd be nice if the Flyers site would add the interactive roster like Minnesota.

I've been looking for a site that has current lines for each team, including pp/pk.

clockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:31 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Unless Guerin drastically improves, he won't be making the team

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Subject Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Lord Stanley please...please don't let him make the team...

Subject Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject Orange View Post
Lord Stanley please...please don't let him make the team...
Bill Guerin is making this team, pretty much the lock of the week. The guy has a 20 years of NHL service, I think they know what they are getting so long as he is healthy and can put forth 13-15mins a night.

Old
09-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Bill Guerin is making this team, pretty much the lock of the week. The guy has a 20 years of NHL service, I think they know what they are getting so long as he is healthy and can put forth 13-15mins a night.
I don't think he'll look as shaky as he did last night. Just not possible (I hope).

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
I don't think he'll look as shaky as he did last night. Just not possible (I hope).
It is a pre-season game, guys like Holmstrom should be busting their arse to make an impression, Guerin just needs to keep it simple and play within the game. In Guerin you are paying not only for what you get on the ice but also what he provides off the ice.

Old
09-22-2010, 02:35 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
In Guerin you are paying not only for what you get on the ice but also what he provides off the ice.
I don't think we need any more veteran leadership....we have plenty. Guerin was the worst player on the ice last night, hands down. I don't see what he gives us, on the ice of course, that Nodl or Powe couldn't.

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
I don't think we need any more veteran leadership....we have plenty. Guerin was the worst player on the ice last night, hands down. I don't see what he gives us, on the ice of course, that Nodl or Powe couldn't.
Guerin has over 1,000 games on his resume, I think a preseason game is going to rank a little low on the value of intensity or getting used to new linemates. Worst player on the ice could be spread around...Meszaros did not look great, Zherdev outside of a couple flashy moves was still a -3, just watch him and his overextended shifts......Guerin is the least of my concerns.

Old
09-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub

I think the Pens sent him on his way for a reason and signed Asham instead.

Razor the Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 03:16 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
Guerin has over 1,000 games on his resume, I think a preseason game is going to rank a little low on the value of intensity or getting used to new linemates. Worst player on the ice could be spread around...Meszaros did not look great, Zherdev outside of a couple flashy moves was still a -3, just watch him and his overextended shifts......Guerin is the least of my concerns.
Guerin is on a tryout, not a guaranteed contract. I don't care what Timmy P and those morons write about him being a lock. He's old and needs to prove he still has it. With that said I agree there are bigger problems than how he performs in game 1 of the preseason.

Please explain to us all how you blame Zherdev for his -3. I'm interest to see how you will try to pin the blame of any of those 3 on him, or is it that you are boxscore scouting? That is a joke of course, but seriously I don't blame him for any of those and I was quite prepared to hate him and his dipsydoodling.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 12:14 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Preds fan here,

i was wondering what the word on Ville Leino's injury is? I drafted him in a fantasy league. Should i waive him and pick up JVR, just think id get some advice from ppl who watch these players as much as you all. (I like JVR more but who will play more out of the two?)

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 01:15 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Guerin is on a tryout, not a guaranteed contract. I don't care what Timmy P and those morons write about him being a lock. He's old and needs to prove he still has it. With that said I agree there are bigger problems than how he performs in game 1 of the preseason.

Please explain to us all how you blame Zherdev for his -3. I'm interest to see how you will try to pin the blame of any of those 3 on him, or is it that you are boxscore scouting? That is a joke of course, but seriously I don't blame him for any of those and I was quite prepared to hate him and his dipsydoodling.

Meltzer thinks Guerin is a near-lock. Maybe they are reconsidering after he played so poorly, but I doubt it. If Nodl could score at all, Guerin probably wouldn't be getting a sniff.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Guerin(21-24-45pts) is the best option to fill out the roster, Mark Recchi is old too but he still put up solid numbers last season(18-25-43pts). Most likely you would have Guerin on a line with Giroux and JvR, a perfect fit. If you want to say that Guerin should have scored more in Pittsburgh he was the 5th best scorer on the roster, just above him was Jordan Staal with 21-28-49pts. Considering what the second best option is I think Guerin is pretty much a lock.

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Zherdev; -3, Carter; -2, Richards; -1. So each of those players were on the ice for the goals, were they bad line changes from Zherdev for he and Carter to be on the ice for all three of the Devils goals? This is his MO, this is why he gets himself in trouble. Lazy on the backcheck and overextends his shifts. From my view I saw Carter trying to get back, but never noticed Zherdev in the zone for the Devils goals. Zherdev will amaze the crowd with his snap shot and his stickwork, but he has tendencies which are hard to shake.

Old
09-23-2010, 09:41 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by predsicle13 View Post
Preds fan here,

i was wondering what the word on Ville Leino's injury is? I drafted him in a fantasy league. Should i waive him and pick up JVR, just think id get some advice from ppl who watch these players as much as you all. (I like JVR more but who will play more out of the two?)
Leino is participating in non-contact drills only currently and is unlikely to see game-action over the next few days. He is rehabbing from hip surgery. He could be ready at the start of the regular season but there is no guarantee. As far as the fantasy league question, someone else can offer an opinion.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Meltzer thinks Guerin is a near-lock. Maybe they are reconsidering after he played so poorly, but I doubt it. If Nodl could score at all, Guerin probably wouldn't be getting a sniff.
Guerin is a better option than: Carcillo, Nodl, Testewuide, Maroon, or any other player you can come up with. He will play a vital role in the teams three line offense Laviolette is going to use. Guerin is a veteran player who will give them @40pts, can play all three zones, is a good team guy from all reports, and most importantly.....he wants to be a Flyer and win a Stanley Cup in Philly.

Old
09-23-2010, 11:26 AM
DenverBoone

Let's see how Testwuide plays first, shall we?

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 11:36 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
A lot of you on here need to chill out on Guerin. He played one preseason game with this team, and I don't know where any of your are getting that it was such an abysmal showing. Did he dominate and look amazing? No, but that is not what he is being brought on this team for. He looked like a player that will be solidly on the third line and playing a support role. Nothing more. There is no one out there or on this team that is better suited to play that role (at least not at the same cap hit we will likely see for him). So what if he only gets 15 goals? He will be a great addition to this team. I don't think anyone expects him to net 30 and make the all-star team playing on the third line.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
Let's see how Testwuide plays first, shall we?
Hint, hint....he plays first in the AHL.

Old
09-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
A lot of you on here need to chill out on Guerin. He played one preseason game with this team, and I don't know where any of your are getting that it was such an abysmal showing. Did he dominate and look amazing? No, but that is not what he is being brought on this team for. He looked like a player that will be solidly on the third line and playing a support role. Nothing more. There is no one out there or on this team that is better suited to play that role (at least not at the same cap hit we will likely see for him). So what if he only gets 15 goals? He will be a great addition to this team. I don't think anyone expects him to net 30 and make the all-star team playing on the third line.
He will be a 17-23-40pt type player with JvR and Giroux most likely I would assume, I am good with that. People will also look to the ice and say this and that, but what he can do for both of these kids off the ice cannot be replaced either. He is the perfect guy to have in a support role as you said for this team. Let Carter and Richards babysit Zherdev and the Briere, Leino, Hartnell line hopefully pick up where they left off last season. With the lines they are going to put on the ice it will be vital that each line picks up the slack at some time during the season.