HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interview with Helene Elliott

Old
09-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Interview with Helene Elliott

What's up boys.

I recently talked puck with Helene. I know she has been a bit of a controversial figure among some fans because they find her too hard on the organization. Thought you may enjoy this interview, especially the parts about The Miracle, Anschutz and why he doesn't give interviews, her perception of the Kings' present and future and the actual future of her profession.

Here is a link.

http://lakingsnews.com/2010/09/19/sc...w-with-helene/

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Quattro

great interview, Zad

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 05:00 PM
sueroe

Very nice read! Thanks!

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Pretty darn good interview. I enjoyed it. Thank you.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Brodie562

could care less about the hate she gets from the kool-aid drinkers around here, she gets it!!! :

"This is a way of life, it’s a passion. People want that personal touch. They want answers directly from the owner. ‘Why did you raise the cost of tickets this year when we didn’t make the playoffs,’ that was a question from two years ago. People want answers. Either he does not realize there is that close emotional connection unlike owning a railroad or something or he doesn’t care that fans have that emotional connection and want answers.”

Brodie562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Wow, I'm blown away by this interview. Great stuff

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Good job. For all the nothelen naysayers around here, I have always liked her. Having had numerous conversations with her over the years, she will always give you her unabashed opinion and she is very knowledgeable as well. I think your interview highlighted that nicely.

And Brodie, you are correct sir, she DOES GET IT. Its our owner who doesn't.

Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 09-20-2010 at 01:59 AM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Tres bien

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 12:32 AM
reset
Puck Luck

great article zad

reset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 04:30 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Brilliant interview mate! ...and I don't even speak Australian!

savemefromtears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 04:34 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

So bored with complaints about ownership.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 06:02 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
So bored with complaints about ownership.
Pretty much. I really don't care that Phil doesn't want to entertain us with interviews or that NotHelen can't get an interview. She can talk to Leiweke anytime she wants if she wants the owner's point of view on any issue.

AEG isn't perfect. They have invested in an infrastructure and provided the financial stability that the organization woefully lacked for some time. LOL at any one that longs for the days of Bruce McNall and his ownership style. AEG lets the pros do their jobs.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 10:13 AM
onlyalad

Enjoyed reading the article. When people say Helene bashes the Kings, I say it is her inner fan coming out. Is there one of us that has not written on here that the Kings are doing something wrong? Have we not bashed the team/owners/staff more than she has?

I also see she has a man crush on Dustin. She thinks he is doing a great job as captain. She see things that we don't so maybe she is right.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 11:19 AM
sueroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Pretty much. I really don't care that Phil doesn't want to entertain us with interviews or that NotHelen can't get an interview. She can talk to Leiweke anytime she wants if she wants the owner's point of view on any issue.

AEG isn't perfect. They have invested in an infrastructure and provided the financial stability that the organization woefully lacked for some time. LOL at any one that longs for the days of Bruce McNall and his ownership style. AEG lets the pros do their jobs.
I think she gave an incredibly balanced view on that. You might not care if Phil wants to talk to us, and i agree i don't care, as he does have a representative to do that, but it is okay if the general public wants to hear from the owners occassionally.
She wouldn't really be a responsible journalist if she didn't at least try to speak to this guy imo, but she admits that this is his style and he doesn't do interviews.

The fact that people want to hear from the owners about rising prices while supporting a losing franchise, is not a problem in my estimation. Again it doesn't bother me because i am not directly impacted, being a distant Kings fan, but i certainly respect the voices of those that are impacted and want some answers. It is her job to challenge those issues.

In respect to McNall, she concedes he was kind of a centre of attention type of guy, and that the current owners have made a decision to present themselves or not in a different manner. She doesn't say that is good or bad. We all like different managment styles, from the more gregarious, openess of a maybe a Mcnall style to the style of the current leadership. This one suits you, where for another they might find it frustrating because it is impersonal.

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 11:31 AM
yankeeking

Great questions and couldn't have come at a better time, she has been pretty abused here this summer. She gets not only the team, ownership, hockey and all things related she gets us, and I think that aspect has been missing since the days of "THE HERALD EXAMINER" with Mud and guys like Doug K. who sat in the press box at the old forum among us and interacted between periods.
Great job again ,highly appreciated..

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 12:41 PM
The Hegemony Consul
Serial Ruminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueroe View Post
Very nice read! Thanks!
Agreed; thanks for posting this, Zad...

The Hegemony Consul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

nice read, i love how you kept the questions brief and simple but not without substance in terms of their responses.

have had a chance to work with her briefly, she is a consummate professional.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
AEG isn't perfect. They have invested in an infrastructure and provided the financial stability that the organization woefully lacked for some time.
We've heard this, a lot, during the DT/pre-cap era. Yes, we know they brought the kings out of bankruptcy, started from scratch, built Staples, built Toyota center, Manchester, blah, blah, blah. There comes a time where an organization has to move forward & make good on the promises they made. It was quite clear they did not want to compete for the Cup under the old system.

Quote:
AEG lets the pros do their jobs.
Now they do, otherwise DL would not be here. I am sure DL told TL that he wants little to no interference from them. It was his show or look for someone else. Now we are starting to see what we should have seen a long time ago....progress!

Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 02:03 PM
yankeeking

Talked to Dave Taylor in the parking lot after practice saturday and mentioned DL had said there would be some former kings being brought back to the team and would he come come back and without hesitation he said " not a chance" ,that about says it all for a lifetime king,retired jersey and former captain to not want to work for the organization, take it for whatever u want.

PS
like a dumb*** I left my lights on and had to push start my worktruck and without asking DT was about to help my son push it but luckily my kid is strong like bull and we got it w/o having to bother the guy but it just goes to show what kind of a guy he is don't you think.

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 02:20 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Talked to Dave Taylor in the parking lot after practice saturday and mentioned DL had said there would be some former kings being brought back to the team and would he come come back and without hesitation he said " not a chance" ,that about says it all for a lifetime king,retired jersey and former captain to not want to work for the organization, take it for whatever u want.

PS
like a dumb*** I left my lights on and had to push start my worktruck and without asking DT was about to help my son push it but luckily my kid is strong like bull and we got it w/o having to bother the guy but it just goes to show what kind of a guy he is don't you think.
Knowing Taylor to be the consumate team player, professional, and always a gentleman, it says far more about the organ-eye-zation than it does about Taylor.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 02:23 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:

PS
I'm sure Dave Taylor isn't human and doesn't suffer from bitterness for having ever been fired from a job, particularly one he enjoyed.

Old
09-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I'm sure Dave Taylor isn't human and doesn't suffer from bitterness for having ever been fired from a job, particularly one he enjoyed.
... and maybe Dave Taylor is just a bit envious of the freedom ("opportunity to fail while building the team") that Lombardi has been given.

Taylor never had that luxury / job security.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 02:39 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
... and maybe Dave Taylor is just a bit envious of the freedom ("opportunity to fail while building the team") that Lombardi has been given.

Taylor never had that luxury / job security.
So he's human. The guy will go out bitter, simple as that. He should reflect on a hell of a career and the fact that he was a GM as long as he was after being done putting on skates.

Most players don't stick around in that capacity.

Old
09-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Talked to Dave Taylor in the parking lot after practice saturday and mentioned DL had said there would be some former kings being brought back to the team and would he come come back and without hesitation he said " not a chance"
Why was he at a Kings practice?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 03:12 PM
DeeMeck

Dave Taylor is employed by the St. Louis Blues. Why he would ever give any answer other than what he said is beyond me.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote