HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Another Visor Thread- Easton S9

Old
09-20-2010, 05:07 PM
DA 17

vCash: 500
Another Visor Thread- Easton S9

I know, I know, this thread again.

So I turned 18 last month, that means I can wear a visor, I have an Easton S9 Helmet, whats a good cheap visor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

DA 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Thepandamancan

I use an old Itech pro wave on mine and I love it. I think you'll do fine with any of the bauer or hejduk models and they're slightly cheaper than the Oakleys.

The ***** about the S9 is that you will need spacers and it's always a painful experience to put on a visor.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
DA 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepandamancan View Post
I use an old Itech pro wave on mine and I love it. I think you'll do fine with any of the bauer or hejduk models and they're slightly cheaper than the Oakleys.

The ***** about the S9 is that you will need spacers and it's always a painful experience to put on a visor.
Damn spacers really, thanks for the visor recommendation, how much that run you, and do spacers comer with the visor or do i have to buy them separately. Finally should i buy online or in store new Hockey Monkey superstore opened up in NJ 30 min away fro my house might try that.

Old
09-20-2010, 07:02 PM
blueberrydanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA 17 View Post
Damn spacers really, thanks for the visor recommendation, how much that run you, and do spacers comer with the visor or do i have to buy them separately. Finally should i buy online or in store new Hockey Monkey superstore opened up in NJ 30 min away fro my house might try that.
My Oakley came with spacers. You can look at hockeymonkey.com for a compatibility chart to see which visors work for your helmet, or just take it to your local place sure they can get ya all setup. From what Ive seen visors pretty much all around the same price...in the 40-60$ range.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 07:05 PM
DA 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberrydanish View Post
My Oakley came with spacers. You can look at hockeymonkey.com for a compatibility chart to see which visors work for your helmet, or just take it to your local place sure they can get ya all setup. From what Ive seen visors pretty much all around the same price...in the 40-60$ range.
I spent 80 on the Helmet and Cage, so 60 is where as far as I'm going, i will look at hockey monkey.com tomorrow. thanks

Old
09-21-2010, 05:30 AM
Thepandamancan

I'm not sure if those some with spacers or not. I bought mine off eBay used, so it came with no hardware. What I ended up doing was going to a hardware store and buying some 3/8ths nylon or plastic washers and 3/4ths inch machine screws. You might wanna go with a full inch, depending on the thickness of your shield and how you want your shield to go on there, etc. I can't remember the thickness of the screw so just bring in one from your helmet and I'm sure someone there can help you find a suitable match.

For a large S9 I only needed 4 washers and screws, but for something smaller you may need thicker spacers or double up on them. Trip to the hardware store cost me less than 5 bucks with extras to spare.

It's a fairly easy process, just took me some time and help to keep everything in the right place while I screwed everything tight. Just make sure not to strip the threads in the helmets spacers.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote