HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weiss and Rusty duke it out at camp. Literally!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-20-2010, 02:35 PM
  #1
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
Weiss and Rusty duke it out at camp. Literally!

According to GR's latest blog Weiss and Olesz threw a few punches at each other during the practice-scrimmage today. Awesome, I'm loving the physicality of this camp so far! Guds threw a big hit on Weiss too.


“It was a good thing that happened and we're still buddies,'' Weiss said. “I think he scored four goals in the drill after that so it just goes to show how he plays when he's fired up. You see what he can do. Maybe he'll have 40 fights in practice this year.''

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...on-begins.html


Last edited by JP Mick: 09-20-2010 at 02:50 PM.
JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 02:41 PM
  #2
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Maybe Weiss is mad that Olesz makes more money than him -- as he should be. Can't say I blame him.


Last edited by Rattrick: 09-20-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 02:52 PM
  #3
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Maybe Weiss is mad that Olesz makes more money than him -- as he should be. Can't say I blame him.
I'm sure thats definitely in the back of his mind!

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 03:06 PM
  #4
Weiwuer
 
Weiwuer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
I think that's awesome.

Weiwuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
  #5
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,735
vCash: 500
Rostislav "BAD BOY" Olesz


Boooooth10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 03:20 PM
  #6
vektorious
Registered User
 
vektorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
This is good news in my oppinion. Olesz is a very skilled player and when he plays with emotion he actually plays quite well. They need to wake him up...I hope Olesz pleasantly surprises a lot of people this year and plays up to his potential...I still got faith that he can turn it around. During the scrimmage yesterday it was quite competitive as well and I saw words being exchanged between the benches....Olesz looked surprisingly good during the scrimmage yesterday... Grabner's speed was really fun to watch..He is the type of player that can create his own opportunities...Very exciting to watch him...He is constantly preying on the mistake of the opponent, and he will make you pay for it.

vektorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 03:28 PM
  #7
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Sure, it's weird that Olesz fought, but isn't it even weirder that he fought with Weiss?

Anyways, i'll go ahead and say Olesz pots 20some goals. Flame away.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 03:49 PM
  #8
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Panthers607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Rostislav "BAD BOY" Olesz

Classic!

Panthers607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 03:51 PM
  #9
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vektorious View Post
This is good news in my oppinion. Olesz is a very skilled player and when he plays with emotion he actually plays quite well. They need to wake him up...I hope Olesz pleasantly surprises a lot of people this year and plays up to his potential...I still got faith that he can turn it around. During the scrimmage yesterday it was quite competitive as well and I saw words being exchanged between the benches....Olesz looked surprisingly good during the scrimmage yesterday... Grabner's speed was really fun to watch..He is the type of player that can create his own opportunities...Very exciting to watch him...He is constantly preying on the mistake of the opponent, and he will make you pay for it.
I've heard this and I can't wait to see him with my own two eyes damnit. I wish there was TV coverage for the pre-season games.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 03:54 PM
  #10
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Sure, it's weird that Olesz fought, but isn't it even weirder that he fought with Weiss?

Anyways, i'll go ahead and say Olesz pots 20some goals. Flame away.
I'll go one up on you and say 30. As long as there are the same amount of fights during pre-game practice!

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 04:08 PM
  #11
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Sure, it's weird that Olesz fought, but isn't it even weirder that he fought with Weiss?

Anyways, i'll go ahead and say Olesz pots 20some goals. Flame away.
Yeah it is, which tells me (just my opinion, yes Zero) that several of the players are frustrated with Rusty. I mean, it was Weiss, not one of the guys who drop the gloves a little more regularly, and Weiss' comments afterward support that a bit. Not sure money is the issue, just that this team seems tired of having underachievers here.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 04:19 PM
  #12
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 500
I don't know exactly how the situation panned out, but based on Weiss' comments yesterday (something about how Rusty plays better when he's pissed off), I wouldn't eliminate the possibility that Weiss initiated something on purpose. Most of us agree that Weiss is becoming captain material and this is definitely something that a leader would do (whatever it takes to get the most out of his team-mates).

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 04:36 PM
  #13
TimHortons
Gud Night
 
TimHortons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
I don't know exactly how the situation panned out, but based on Weiss' comments yesterday (something about how Rusty plays better when he's pissed off), I wouldn't eliminate the possibility that Weiss initiated something on purpose. Most of us agree that Weiss is becoming captain material and this is definitely something that a leader would do (whatever it takes to get the most out of his team-mates).
Agreed. I also don't think it's mere coincidence that Weiss is pushing/challenging Olesz on the papers and on the ice. Good on him.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 04:42 PM
  #14
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Yeah it is, which tells me (just my opinion, yes Zero) that several of the players are frustrated with Rusty. I mean, it was Weiss, not one of the guys who drop the gloves a little more regularly, and Weiss' comments afterward support that a bit. Not sure money is the issue, just that this team seems tired of having underachievers here.
seems like a difficult guy to get pissed at in that way but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
I don't know exactly how the situation panned out, but based on Weiss' comments yesterday (something about how Rusty plays better when he's pissed off), I wouldn't eliminate the possibility that Weiss initiated something on purpose. Most of us agree that Weiss is becoming captain material and this is definitely something that a leader would do (whatever it takes to get the most out of his team-mates).
i wouldn't be surprised if it was a calculated effort to push him a bit.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 05:01 PM
  #15
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Yeah it is, which tells me (just my opinion, yes Zero) that several of the players are frustrated with Rusty. I mean, it was Weiss, not one of the guys who drop the gloves a little more regularly, and Weiss' comments afterward support that a bit. Not sure money is the issue, just that this team seems tired of having underachievers here.
Shows pretty good leadership from Weiss.

RainingRats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 05:24 PM
  #16
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,431
vCash: 500
OMG!! I think I just felt a brush of optimism coming over me about Olesz after I read this....my bad

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 07:15 PM
  #17
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 10,777
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Rostislav "BAD BOY" Olesz


Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 07:38 PM
  #18
ursavolta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: miami, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
"Maybe Weiss is mad that Olesz makes more money than him -- as he should be. Can't say I blame him."

hahaha, had a good laugh with that one.

That's very surprising indeed.. olesz.. and weiss.. that's just weird..

maybe hes going to start playing with more tenacity now..

I really do like the fact that weiss was pushing him around. getting him fired up..

but ehh.. i care about if hes going to chip in offensively and play better defensively instead of dropping gloves and fighting..like he's trying to prove his worth.. i wouldn't care if he fought the whole team and deboer..

sure , sure it shows hes fired up.. but

to me it still looks like a more frustrating attempt coming from a man lacking confidence...

ehh, i'm just pessimistic as hell..

i really really hope olesz shuts me up and plays better than last season..

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 08:39 PM
  #19
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Rostislav "BAD BOY" Olesz

OK, Someone has to make this their avatar with "bad boy" in it somewhere.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 08:45 PM
  #20
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,702
vCash: 500
There's nothing like a punch to the head to provide inspiration!!!! Way to go Weiss! I've never been a big fan of the concept of Weiss as captain, but this incident has me reconsidering that. Even if it wasn't planned, it was a long time coming.

angry_treefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 08:53 PM
  #21
Hip to be Square
 
Hip to be Square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Rostislav "BAD BOY" Olesz

I hope weissy dished out a couple nice shiners on that pretty boy.

Hip to be Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 08:57 PM
  #22
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
There's nothing like a punch to the head to provide inspiration!!!! Way to go Weiss! I've never been a big fan of the concept of Weiss as captain, but this incident has me reconsidering that. Even if it wasn't planned, it was a long time coming.
Weiss for captain for sure next year! The new captains motto: "If you don't play like you should, I'll punch you in the head!"

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 11:04 PM
  #23
16Skippy
Registered User
 
16Skippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Weiss for captain for sure next year! The new captains motto: "If you don't play like you should, I'll punch you in the head!"
That could also make a good avatar

16Skippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.