HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers fan here. Going to game tommorow, have questions.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-20-2010, 06:53 PM
  #1
DA 17
Registered User
 
DA 17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Rangers fan here. Going to game tommorow, have questions.

Hey Flyers fans, i am an 18 Rangers fan from NJ and my mom got tickets for Tomorrows game through work. I am going with my two younger brothers dad and mom, all debbies fans.

I have two questions for you guys, we were invited to some block party, can somebody elaborate on what this is.

And the tickets are Club Box 4 row 2 and 6 with 3 tickets in each, this sounds like a stupid question I've only been to the Rock and MSG, but is it an actual box, or just seats, if so how close looked at chart couldn't find them

As this post I'm righting keeps dragging on (sorry) I'd like to say I will not be a Jerk at the game, JVR grew up by me and i went to his high school and will be rooting hard against the Devs even though its only preseason. Also want to see what Zherdev does.

Any help is appreciated, good luck in the season, hope it doesn't come down to gm 82 again.

DA 17 is offline  
Old
09-20-2010, 07:22 PM
  #2
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40,728
vCash: 920
I'm not sure if it will be the same for a preseason game but this is how "block party" was described for the playoffs on the Flyers' website:

Quote:
Flyers fans can get “Flyered Up” at the Bud Light Block Party beginning four hours before all Flyers Playoff home games. The large-scale festivities will take place inside and outside the AT&T Pavilion on the 11th street side of the Wachovia Center and feature delicious food, interactive games, live music, radio station remotes, and much more!
Someone else here will give you a better perspective eventually.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Old
09-20-2010, 07:23 PM
  #3
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA 17 View Post
Hey Flyers fans, i am an 18 Rangers fan from NJ and my mom got tickets for Tomorrows game through work. I am going with my two younger brothers dad and mom, all debbies fans.

I have two questions for you guys, we were invited to some block party, can somebody elaborate on what this is.

And the tickets are Club Box 4 row 2 and 6 with 3 tickets in each, this sounds like a stupid question I've only been to the Rock and MSG, but is it an actual box, or just seats, if so how close looked at chart couldn't find them

As this post I'm righting keeps dragging on (sorry) I'd like to say I will not be a Jerk at the game, JVR grew up by me and i went to his high school and will be rooting hard against the Devs even though its only preseason. Also want to see what Zherdev does.

Any help is appreciated, good luck in the season, hope it doesn't come down to gm 82 again.
The block party is an outdoor little fan-fest that has live music, game-booths run by radio stations and companies (such as Capt Morgan) and food and drink vendors, kids shoot the puck areas... During the postseason and at some other times there are dunk booths. The better the weather and more lively the crowd, the better the party... Being the first PS game and people getting there early to beat the Phillies crowd, and sweet weather promised, I'd imagine it will be spirited tomorrow.

I suggest that you don't wear the Ranger colors, since you will be rooting against the Debbies anyway... and walk a distance from any family members that are wearing Devils stuff... As long as nobody presses matters by being loud and troublesome, you guys should be fine... I imagine being with younger kids in a family manner your folks will be fine. Just don't have thin skins and ignore any smartass remarks... if there are any, they will be done in jest.

I'm not positive... being a Mezzanine STHer... but I would guess your seats are open since you are not in a corporate suite... probably will have waiter/waitress service and be in a marked off section... Your seats should be not too far off the ice and high enough for a fine sight-line view -- I don't know if you are end or side situated, since I haven't looked.

You and your family should have a ball even if they are with the Dark Side... Please keep in mind that in Preseason Games much of the crowd are not regulars as many STH and Corporation give away those games... the crowd is a little more raw, but that often means that there are kids and newbies who are thrilled to be there... But coming off a season such as the last one was, who knows how wild it may be.

Have fun.

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
09-20-2010, 07:33 PM
  #4
DA 17
Registered User
 
DA 17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post

I suggest that you don't wear the Ranger colors, since you will be rooting against the Debbies anyway... and walk a distance from any family members that are wearing Devils stuff...
Hahaha yeah, i was planning on wearin my Phillies hat and St Joes U tee, might pick up a JVR shirt, only because i followed him throughout his career. But yeah bros are wearing Marty and Stevens jersey

DA 17 is offline  
Old
09-20-2010, 08:49 PM
  #5
FlyerCub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA 17 View Post
And the tickets are Club Box 4 row 2 and 6 with 3 tickets in each, this sounds like a stupid question I've only been to the Rock and MSG, but is it an actual box, or just seats, if so how close looked at chart couldn't find them
The club boxes are at the top part of the lower bowl. They have their own separate concourse. There is a bartender in the club box and you can either order from the menu in the box or wander out to the club box or regular concourses (make sure you remember your ticket) and get your own food.

The seats have a small wall and a velvet rope separating them from the regular seats in the lower bowl. Depending on how many people are in the box, you may or may not have to use your seats as numbered - it's not uncommon for some to spend the whole game at the bar stool seats (there's a ledge right at the top of the seating area where you can sit to eat and drink) in which case they wouldn't be using their assigned seats.

FlyerCub is offline  
Old
09-20-2010, 10:22 PM
  #6
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA 17 View Post
Hahaha yeah, i was planning on wearin my Phillies hat and St Joes U tee, might pick up a JVR shirt, only because i followed him throughout his career. But yeah bros are wearing Marty and Stevens jersey


Phillies cap and SJ Tee should do the trick... but a JvR shirt could go a long way in buying a safe from razzing pass for your bros as you escort them.


... I could live with a Marty shirt if I had to... but a Stevens one? ... NEV-AH!!

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
09-20-2010, 10:26 PM
  #7
DA 17
Registered User
 
DA 17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post


Phillies cap and SJ Tee should do the trick... but a JvR shirt could go a long way in buying a safe from razzing pass for your bros as you escort them.


... I could live with a Marty shirt if I had to... but a Stevens one? ... NEV-AH!!
Yeah the Stevens Jersey was mine as a kid, b4 i could choose, glad i choose the Rangers (insert one cup in 60 years joke).

Really looking forward to this, I just love hockey in General, should be goo experience.

DA 17 is offline  
Old
09-20-2010, 11:23 PM
  #8
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA 17 View Post
Yeah the Stevens Jersey was mine as a kid, b4 i could choose, glad i choose the Rangers (insert one cup in 60 years joke).

Really looking forward to this, I just love hockey in General, should be goo experience.
Humph... pick your own poison.


To a Flyers fan the Rags and the Debbies are equal on the enemy list... right along with the Pens (pitooey). Haha... This is why they made divisions I guess; without rivalries the NHL would be boring.

Yeah... for a hockey fan it should be a good experience. The Wells Fargo Center -- that name sounds funny... doesn't sound right just yet -- is a great atmosphere when the fans are up and rowdy... All in good fun for the most part, like 99% with about a 1% drunken idiot cretin factor worked in. When I travel to other rinks I love the give and take interaction with the opposing fans... I always have a smile and show respect; show respect and receive respect... I've had many nice chats with fans who welcome me. Shook hands with and congratulated the Hawks fans after that freaky OT goal a couple months back. As much as I hated to lose after that long ride, I felt good for them after a half Century w/o a Cup and the awful treatment their own owners gave them. The ones who came to Philly for Game Six were loyal fans who spent a bundle for just a chance to see the Cup won... Hockey is a wonderful experience.

Have a ball, Big Guy.

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
09-20-2010, 11:45 PM
  #9
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
The Block Party should be a fun due to the Phillies playing the Braves across the street. Its a playoff atmosphere. And you should also be able to watch the Phils game in a club box, they usually have TVs.

DeadPhish5858 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.