HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

21.9.2010 | Preseason | Panthers @ Hurricanes

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-21-2010, 12:17 PM
  #1
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,321
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
21.9.2010 | Preseason | Panthers @ Hurricanes

Yes sir, we have our first hockey game tonight at 7pm from Raleigh, albeit a preseason game. I hope the game will be televised somewhere, because I am gonna stay up to 2 in the morning to watch/listen, if its available.

pb1300 is online now  
Old
09-21-2010, 12:21 PM
  #2
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,321
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
And it looks like there will be no TV or radio, per GR.

pb1300 is online now  
Old
09-21-2010, 12:21 PM
  #3
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Lineup

85-Olesz

16-Duco

42-Howden

23-Grant

13-Santorelli

18-Matthias

39-Arnason

75-Timmins

32-Repik

40-Grabner

26-Bernier

63-Dadonov

52-Garrison

44-Gudbranson

17-Paetsch

48-Callahan

4-Ellerby

43-Weaver

30-Clemmensen

33-Markstrom
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...tinel+Blogs%29

Holy Jokinen is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 12:34 PM
  #4
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 120
Heres Carolina's lineup:

LaRose – Skinner – Dwyer
Bowman – Nash – Ruutu
O’Sullivan – Dalpe – Kostopoulos
Boychuk – Matsumoto – Samson

Gleason – Sanguinetti
McBain – Babchuk
Borer – Harrison
Ward
Pogge

JP Mick is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 12:42 PM
  #5
TimHortons
Gud Night
 
TimHortons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Heres Carolina's lineup:

LaRose – Skinner – Dwyer
Bowman – Nash – Ruutu
O’Sullivan – Dalpe – Kostopoulos
Boychuk – Matsumoto – Samson

Gleason – Sanguinetti
McBain – Babchuk
Borer – Harrison
Ward
Pogge
They look pretty damn good. I'm curious how Sanguinetti/Skinner/Babchuk all do.

TimHortons is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 12:46 PM
  #6
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 120
The game will be broadcast on 99.9 the Fan in Carolina tonight and we can listen on-line.
Heres the link: http://www.wralsportsfan.com/999thefan/

Click on "listen live" at the top of the screen.

JP Mick is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 01:13 PM
  #7
Weiwuer
 
Weiwuer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
Yup, it's not televised. Thanks God for the radio feed.

Weiwuer is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 01:23 PM
  #8
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiwuer View Post
Yup, it's not televised. Thanks God for the radio feed.
There isn't any.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see the post above.

gizmo12688 is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 01:36 PM
  #9
BabyJagrov
Registered User
 
BabyJagrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Under the Sunshine
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 3,132
vCash: 500
Here are the line combinations per GR:

Olesz - Santorelli - Repik
Duco - Matthias - Grabner
Howden - Arnason - Bernier
Grant - Timmins - Dadonov

Garrison - Gudbranson
Paetsch - Callahan
Ellerby - Weaver

Clemmensen
Markstrom

That is a nice line-up, we should be able to compete with the Canes ! I want Santorelli to steal the second-line spot and Matthias on 3rd so we can ship out Reinprecht... And if Olesz could make Stillman expendable that would be awesome too !

BabyJagrov is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 01:38 PM
  #10
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 50
I'm excited to see Grabner and Dadonov. Also wish Markstrom was starting.

gizmo12688 is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 01:54 PM
  #11
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,085
vCash: 500
They put Olesz in with the rookies. I lol'd.

Boooooth10 is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 02:08 PM
  #12
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Here are the line combinations per GR:

Olesz - Santorelli - Repik
Duco - Matthias - Grabner
Howden - Arnason - Bernier
Grant - Timmins - Dadonov

Garrison - Gudbranson
Paetsch - Callahan
Ellerby - Weaver

Clemmensen
Markstrom

That is a nice line-up, we should be able to compete with the Canes ! I want Santorelli to steal the second-line spot and Matthias on 3rd so we can ship out Reinprecht... And if Olesz could make Stillman expendable that would be awesome too !
lol a nice lineup (unless youre referring to carolinas perhaps)? it's a brutal line-up and doesn't even look as good as some of the best AHL lineups of last year haha. i know it's preseason and all but we're probably going to get destroyed unless Olesz is having a s****y day and is pissed off. Funny thing about this line-up is if you told me it was an AHL line-up, I would completely believe you. They'd probably be a pretty good AHL team, wonder what Sabrefan27 thinks?

PanthersRule96 is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
  #13
BabyJagrov
Registered User
 
BabyJagrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Under the Sunshine
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 3,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
lol a nice lineup (unless youre referring to carolinas perhaps)? it's a brutal line-up and doesn't even look as good as some of the best AHL lineups of last year haha. i know it's preseason and all but we're probably going to get destroyed unless Olesz is having a s****y day and is pissed off. Funny thing about this line-up is if you told me it was an AHL line-up, I would completely believe you. They'd probably be a pretty good AHL team, wonder what Sabrefan27 thinks?
Compare this lineup to Carolina's, it is about equal... You think we barely have an AHL roster ? We barely have any NHLers, so you may be right !!

Olesz-Santo-Repik would destroy the AHL, Repik had 53 points last year in 60 games basically doing it alone in Roch... Santo was the leading scorer for the Admirals two year in a row if I recall correctly !

After hearing PDB comments the other day, I thought we would look much worse than that... Don't forget that all those AHLers like you call them, are fighting for a spot on our team...

We also have Garrison, Weaver who should be big pieces of our defensive unit, just like Matthias and Grabner are penciled as breakout players...

Carolina is basically going in with their NHL defensemen and I'm not impress that much when you compare the two lineups !

BabyJagrov is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 02:23 PM
  #14
Hip to be Square
 
Hip to be Square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Predictions?

Hip to be Square is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 02:25 PM
  #15
dmonk
doughberle
 
dmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: Azerbaijan
Posts: 7,964
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Carolina is basically going in with their NHL defensemen and I'm not impress that much when you compare the two lineups !
Gleason is the only last year's NHL regular on Canes lineup.
Babchuk is relative unknown after spending a year in Russia.
McBain is a rookie
the others are AHLers.

dmonk is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 02:29 PM
  #16
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,516
vCash: 500
I'm guessing Markstrom will get playing time tonight then?

Also... at Olesz.

Erick is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 02:31 PM
  #17
BabyJagrov
Registered User
 
BabyJagrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Under the Sunshine
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 3,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonk View Post
Gleason is the only last year's NHL regular on Canes lineup.
Babchuk is relative unknown after spending a year in Russia.
McBain is a rookie
the others are AHLers.
Just asking... Aren't McBain, Gleason, Babchuk, Sanguinetti and Harrison expected to make your opening night roster along with Pitkanen and another guy ?

BabyJagrov is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 02:33 PM
  #18
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I'm guessing Markstrom will get playing time tonight then?

Also... at Olesz.
He and Clem will probably split the game 50-50 I would think.

JP Mick is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 02:37 PM
  #19
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip to be Square View Post
Predictions?
3-2 for the cats.

JP Mick is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 02:42 PM
  #20
Hip to be Square
 
Hip to be Square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
3-2 for the cats.
Ill say 4-3 panthers in a SO. I hope whichever line repik is on does well tonight.

Hip to be Square is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 02:47 PM
  #21
dmonk
doughberle
 
dmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: Azerbaijan
Posts: 7,964
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Just asking... Aren't McBain, Gleason, Babchuk, Sanguinetti and Harrison expected to make your opening night roster along with Pitkanen and another guy ?
Opening night would probably be:

Gleason-Corvo
Pitkanen-Babchuk
McBain-Carson

Harrison.

dmonk is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 02:53 PM
  #22
Weiwuer
 
Weiwuer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
4-2 Panthers.

Weiwuer is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 03:32 PM
  #23
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip to be Square View Post
Ill say 4-3 panthers in a SO. I hope whichever line repik is on does well tonight.
Wow, we're going to win it in a shoot out!?? It must be the dawn of a new era.

JP Mick is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 03:38 PM
  #24
Hip to be Square
 
Hip to be Square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Wow, we're going to win it in a shoot out!?? It must be the dawn of a new era.
I base my prediction purely on nothing but random speculation for tonight.


Hip to be Square is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 03:38 PM
  #25
TimHortons
Gud Night
 
TimHortons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Wow, we're going to win it in a shoot out!?? It must be the dawn of a new era.
Remember that Hawks game in Finland last year, 4-3 with Koistinen getting the winner. It's probably going to be akin to that.

TimHortons is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.