HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ticket Exchange 2010-2011 No volume ticket sales. This is NOT a ticket broker.

Old
09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trizent View Post
Tickets below face value

SECT 225 ROW 35 2 side by side seats on the AISLE in Colonnade OILERS ATTACK TWICE
prices for both seats total
Sunday, Oct 10 vs Florida $150
Tuesday, Dec 7 vs Anaheim $150
Thursday, Dec 30 vs Colorado $150
Tuesday, Jan 4 vs Detroit $150
Tuesday, Jan 18 vs Minnesota $150
Wednesday, Jan 23 vs Nashville $150
Tuesday, Fab 15 vs Dallas $150
Thursday, Mar 17 vs Phoenix $150
Tuesday, Mar 29 vs LA $150

Lower Bowl Sect 128 Row 18 2 side by side seats in Executive Section - Oilers attack twice
prices for both seats total
Wednesday, Feb 2 vs LA $300
Sunday, Feb 13 vs Anaheim $300
Tuesday, Mar 1 vs Nashville $300
Thursday, Mar 3 vs Columbus $300

PM if interested.

Sent you a PM.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Sanjay

vCash: 500
Trade Leafs Tickets For Habs Tickets

My buddy has a set of leafs tickets he's looking to trade for a set of habs tickets. His tickets are in section 227 row 32.

PM me if your willing to do this trade.

Sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfansixtynine View Post
I'm not trying to nit-pik or stir the pot or anything but in the op it states "All sales must be made at or below face value."
Face value is printed on tickets so maybe that should be a must to have posted along with prices.
This is a good idea.

Quote:
Everyone knows that season seats are priced differently for minipacks, retail, and season seat holders. I dont think it would be fair for a season seat holder not to be able to sell seats at the same price as someone unloading tickets that they paid retail for.
I don't agree, the mods I've consulted on this afaik don't either.
Heres why. The difference in season ticket cost vs per game cost is significant. For instance by my understanding a seasons ticket for gallery seats cost 1292bucks for 41+4 exhibition games. So the base price/ticket is 28.71 which is significantly different than the base individual game price ticket of 43bucks. Much different than the multitude of people in this thread wanting to sell these tickets for 55bucks which is a huge markup on price paid.
No matter how its argued this IS a markup by the person offering tickets for sale for individual games when its obvious at this point that their outlay has been for seasons tickets.

Quote:
I also think it wouldnt be fair if someone cant unload at what they paid for at retail becuase season seat holders are posting for a bit less..
Its more fair that theres not gouging. In fact its the rules here. No scalping.

Quote:
IMHO there should be some uniformity, let sellers post the actual face value and the price they want(face or under)... and let buyers use their own judgement when buying tickets...
No judgment on price should be required. The people posting tickets far in excess of actual price paid are profiting and are using this site to in effect scalp their tickets here for profit. Which is a contravention of the rules here.
This kind of went on for awhile but I'm noting its now so commonplace that its going to stop and with each post here subject to review.

The seasons tickets holders that are "packaging their seasons ticket into unauthorized "Minipacks" are clearly profiting and trying to put this one over on the board.

My intent is to give people a few days to look at their own offers in this thread, realize they are contravening what is being stated in the OP and in this feedback, and make adjustments accordingly or else risk consequence anywhere from warning to infraction to obviously being banned from making future offers in this thread. This could be a permanent thread ban if anybody is wondering.

If I could finally mention that since the first warning a poster in this thread has apparently felt they could post tickets available without even offering a price but to just contact via pm.This also is a contravention and will not be tolerated.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 03:18 PM
AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
This is a good idea.

Heres why. The difference in season ticket cost vs per game cost is significant. For instance by my understanding a seasons ticket for gallery seats cost 1292bucks for 41+4 exhibition games. So the base price/ticket is 28.71 which is significantly different than the base individual game price ticket of 43bucks. Much different than the multitude of people in this thread wanting to sell these tickets for 55bucks which is a huge markup on price paid.
No matter how its argued this IS a markup by the person offering tickets for sale for individual games when its obvious at this point that their outlay has been for seasons tickets.

No judgment on price should be required. The people posting tickets far in excess of actual price paid are profiting and are using this site to in effect scalp their tickets here for profit. Which is a contravention of the rules here.
This kind of went on for awhile but I'm noting its now so commonplace that its going to stop and with each post here subject to review.

The seasons tickets holders that are "packaging their seasons ticket into unauthorized "Minipacks" are clearly profiting and trying to put this one over on the board.

My intent is to give people a few days to look at their own offers in this thread, realize they are contravening what is being stated in the OP and in this feedback, and make adjustments accordingly or else risk consequence anywhere from warning to infraction to obviously being banned from making future offers in this thread. This could be a permanent thread ban if anybody is wondering.

If I could finally mention that since the first warning a poster in this thread has apparently felt they could post tickets available without even offering a price but to just contact via pm.This also is a contravention and will not be tolerated.
One other aspect of this that noone is realizing is that some of us are not season seat holders, however buy a quarter, half, or even full season worth of seats from season seat holders at obviously a premium (pretty close to face) just so we can get a few of those games that we really want to go to. If anyone that is not a season seat holder has ever tried to get a calgary, toronto, montreal, pittsburgh, or washington game through ticketmaster, you know its next to impossible as not only do season seat holders get their own seats, but also get first crack at whatever is left over before the general public does.
My point being that just because I have quite a few games posted, I may not have paid season seat prices (i.e. $28.71/seat), therefore I cannot afford to post them for much lower than face. And if I do this for every individual game that I have, I will sell the more popular games for face value easy (i.e. vancouver, detroit, etc), but will be stuck with a bunch of the less popular games which noone will buy for face. Thus to be fair, I post them for face and sell them in 2 game packages.

AV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 03:28 PM
oilfansixtynine
schulebsyakhallnuge

Send a message via MSN to oilfansixtynine
Quote:
This is a good idea.

Do you belevie that preseason tickets have the same value as regular season games? I dont see any preseason games listed/selling at or anywhere near cost(avg over 41+4)

I also don't think a minesota game has nowhere near the value of a canadians game, noone would be able to sell a minny game at a sth avg cost over 45games, but a montreal game would sell in a heartbeat at fair face value. thats why we are seeing tix trying to be sold in groups just to help offset the less than desireable games.

FWIW, the only set of tix that I was contemplating on buying was a boston game that was posted $20 more than the rest of the poster's games and I believe it was still considerably less than face value.. and an awesome deal to someone, but they have recently been removed...

My opinion may be biased, but I have recently(this year) just purchased season seats so I could have tickets to montreal/toronto/homeopnener or any other game i want to go to and pay a decent price, but in doing this I have to buy all the minnesota and st louis games at a higher cost than what they are worth for now.
Sure maybe we can "profit" twenty dollars on a good game(under face value) but we also lose our shirts on most other games.

As RKD's first post in this thread states "All sales must be made at or below face value." is the right way IMO and should stay and prospective buyers should be able to see what the actual face value on the ticket is before making a decision on purchasing..
and saying that sth/retail/minipack holders cant sell the exact same seats for the exact same price(under or much under face value) is unfair..

Last edited by oilfansixtynine: 09-20-2010 at 03:54 PM.
oilfansixtynine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfansixtynine View Post
Do you belevie that preseason tickets have the same value as regular season games? I dont see any preseason games listed/selling at or anywhere near cost(avg over 41+4)
I've seen some posters in this thread including preseason game gallery packs as if preseasons games were 50 buck ticket value..

Quote:
I also don't think a minesota game has nowhere near the value of a canadians game, noone would be able to sell a minny game at a sth avg cost over 45games,
What does this have to do with the boards policy? The board is not here for people to make profit or leverage best deals on ANY game or cover alleged losses etc. Not our problem.

Quote:
but a montreal game would sell in a heartbeat at fair face value. thats why we are seeing tix trying to be sold in groups just to help offset the less than desireable games.
NO, people are trying to profit here pure and simple. Requesting much more money than they paid for tickets. Not allowed.

Quote:
My opinion may be biased, but I have recently(this year) just purchased season seats so I could have tickets to montreal/toronto/homeopnener or any other game i want to go to and pay a decent price, but in doing this I have to buy all the minnesota and st louis games at a higher cost than what they are worth for now.
Sure maybe we can "profit" twenty dollars on a good game(under face value) but we also lose our shirts on most other games.
Again this isn't the boards problem. The rules are clear. No one game can be sold here for a markup.

Quote:
As RKD's first post in this thread states "All sales must be made at or below face value." is the right way IMO and should stay and prospective buyers should be able to see what the actual face value on the ticket is before making a decision on purchasing..
and saying that sth/retail/minipack holders cant sell the exact same seats for the exact same price(under or much under face value) is unfair..
You probably don't have this as background but this board allowed this thread only as a favor to people that might want to fairly exchange tickets here at or below price.
There was never any mention or allowance of people being able to charge more than they paid.
In short this is the type of thread that requires the cooperation of all participants or it gets shutdown or some people get banned from the thread period.
ftr I'm only answering a few questions here out of basic civility. This is not going to be negotiable.
Frankly a few people in this thread chronically selling tickets are not even participants of this board and are only interested in ONE AGENDA selling tickets. Again this is not appropriate use of this messageboard. Its a usual case of a few people ruining something for everybody else.

People can clean up the mess themselves and alter their posts to be consistent with parameters or suffer consequences.

People can do whatever they like with their tickets outside this board.

Thank you.

Old
09-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV View Post
One other aspect of this that noone is realizing is that some of us are not season seat holders
On the contrary the intervention in this to straighten this out is carefully timed. At this time most games that are being offered are not yet on sale as single game tickets. The easy conclusion is that EVERY game that is currently on sale here was BOUGHT from the Oilers as SEASONS TICKETS and for far less than they are being offered here for. Thats the bottom line on this.

Quote:
, however buy a quarter, half, or even full season worth of seats from season seat holders at obviously a premium (pretty close to face) just so we can get a few of those games that we really want to go to. If anyone that is not a season seat holder has ever tried to get a calgary, toronto, montreal, pittsburgh, or washington game through ticketmaster, you know its next to impossible as not only do season seat holders get their own seats, but also get first crack at whatever is left over before the general public does.
So because somebody allegedly scalps you sets of tickets the board should allow you to pass on the markup here?
Not happening. Its your problem if you paid a markup.

Quote:
My point being that just because I have quite a few games posted, I may not have paid season seat prices (i.e. $28.71/seat), therefore I cannot afford to post them for much lower than face.
"May not have" this seems to be careful wording. I'm not interested in hypotheticals here. Again the bottom line is these are seasons tickets resold and the asking price should reflect those original prices here in this community.

This is a messageboard community after all. Again anybody that doesn't like this can sell their tickets anywhere. hfboards is NOT a transaction facilitator or ticket agent.

Quote:
And if I do this for every individual game that I have, I will sell the more popular games for face value easy (i.e. vancouver, detroit, etc), but will be stuck with a bunch of the less popular games which noone will buy for face. Thus to be fair, I post them for face and sell them in 2 game packages.
Well you won't be doing it here. Selling 28buck/game tickets @ 55bucks/ticket is not cool here no matter what you hypothetically claim to pay for them.

Again clean up your posts or have them deleted and the option of being banned from the thread.

Old
09-20-2010, 09:33 PM
oilfansixtynine
schulebsyakhallnuge

Anyone want to buy St. Louis, Minnesota, Colorado or Phoenix or other non-premium games at STH prices let me know which game you want and I'll see if I have that game available. face value is $116.50 for each, the total I paid for my pair of season seats is ~$6070 so $6070/41+4 games is $134.89 plus an email fee of $4.10 which equals $138.99 for a pair, seats are in section 226 row 29.. I will only accept email money transfers. You can save the email fees if you can pick them up in Cold Lake..

Last edited by oilfansixtynine: 09-20-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old
09-20-2010, 11:54 PM
oilers106

need 4 tickets to the Oilers vs Red Wings game on January 4. Looking to buy tickets in the lower bowl. Send me a PM with what you have available.

oilers106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:07 AM
AV

Quote:
I've seen some posters in this thread including preseason game gallery packs as if preseasons games were 50 buck ticket value..

What does this have to do with the boards policy? The board is not here for people to make profit or leverage best deals on ANY game or cover alleged losses etc. Not our problem.

NO, people are trying to profit here pure and simple. Requesting much more money than they paid for tickets. Not allowed.

Again this isn't the boards problem. The rules are clear. No one game can be sold here for a markup.

You probably don't have this as background but this board allowed this thread only as a favor to people that might want to fairly exchange tickets here at or below price.
There was never any mention or allowance of people being able to charge more than they paid.
In short this is the type of thread that requires the cooperation of all participants or it gets shutdown or some people get banned from the thread period.
ftr I'm only answering a few questions here out of basic civility. This is not going to be negotiable.
Frankly a few people in this thread chronically selling tickets are not even participants of this board and are only interested in ONE AGENDA selling tickets. Again this is not appropriate use of this messageboard. Its a usual case of a few people ruining something for everybody else.

People can clean up the mess themselves and alter their posts to be consistent with parameters or suffer consequences.

People can do whatever they like with their tickets outside this board.

Thank you.

The reason I said "I may not have" is because I was generalizing since others could be in the same boat. Not trying to use "careful wording" to hide anything. A buddy and I paid $4100 for a full season of 2 gallery seats which works out to roughly $45/seat. All these tickets have a face value of $55.
I will be more than happy to sell any non-premium game (minnesota, phoenix, columbus) for my cost which is $45/seat if anyone is interested, however it would be unfair to ask me to sell them for $28 and take a loss.
On the other hand, if season seat holders are willing to sell theirs at $28/seat then that is their own choice in which case I am not likely to get a buyer for mine. The bottom line is that either way people on this thread are getting a better deal then if they bought at retail prices. Which to some degree is the purpose of this thread.
I am not trying to create a problem here, just asking for a fair judgement. And I dont see this as passing my losses (since I bought above season seat price) onto others, but rather giving them an option to save (by buying cheaper then retail).

Thanks

AV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:37 AM
oilfan09

Selling pair of preseason tickets UNDER season ticket price....

Phoenix: $25/ticket
Vancouver: $30/ticket

Seats are section 337 row 50 with no obstruction and its center ice...

PM me if interested!!

oilfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Homesick

Oilers vs. Flames at Saddledome

If anyone is interested in catching an Oilers game at the Saddledome I have a pair for Sunday October 3rd. Section 212(which is centre ice behind the players bench) row 22.
Will sell for $130.00 for the pair. Ticket value is 204.00

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 12:29 PM
11 Messier

Pair of Colonnade tickets for all pre-season games are available (Sec 232/Row 36)

$30.00 each - selling for well below season ticket cost and face value

Tampa - September 23 - 7pm
Vancouver - September 26 - 6pm
Phoenix - September 29 - 7pm
Calgary - October 1 - 7pm

PM for tickets. I will email forward tickets to purchaser.

11 Messier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 12:41 PM
oilfansixtynine
schulebsyakhallnuge

nm..

Last edited by oilfansixtynine: 09-26-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old
09-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Hnatiuk

All Preseason games

4 Tickets in section 304 row 43 for all preseason games

Tampa Bay Sept. 23- $100 for all 4
Vancouver Sept. 26- $100 for all 4
Phoenix Spet. 29- $100 for all 4
Calgary Oct. 1- $100 for all 4

If you want all 4 games I will sell the entire set for $350.
Please email me Hnatiukt @ gmail dot com

Hnatiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Sanjay

Trade Leafs Tickets for Habs Tickets

My buddy has a set of leafs tickets he's looking to trade for a set of habs tickets. His tickets are in section 227 row 32.

PM me if your willing to do this trade.

Sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 02:50 PM
ShockerStasiuk

A buddy of mine has an 8 game pack for sale...

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ231492333

(reply to him via kijiji NOT to me please hehehe)

ShockerStasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 05:25 PM
madmutter
Oilyness

The first post in this thread says that tickets must be sold at or below face value. Face value is the price printed on the face of the ticket, by definition. Price paid can be another value all together and isn't easily determined with retail, mini pack and season tickets all available not to mention games being split into copper and blue categories. What if I receive tickets as a gift that were part of a season ticket and am unaware of the price paid? Or I have purchased tickets from someone for the price printed on the ticket and then sell them here? This all seems to leave a lot of room for confusion. Perhaps the mods could either post standard maximum prices for all tickets or more simply just state that face value is face value as printed on the ticket.

madmutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
metallicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmutter View Post
The first post in this thread says that tickets must be sold at or below face value. Face value is the price printed on the face of the ticket, by definition. Price paid can be another value all together and isn't easily determined with retail, mini pack and season tickets all available not to mention games being split into copper and blue categories. What if I receive tickets as a gift that were part of a season ticket and am unaware of the price paid? Or I have purchased tickets from someone for the price printed on the ticket and then sell them here? This all seems to leave a lot of room for confusion. Perhaps the mods could either post standard maximum prices for all tickets or more simply just state that face value is face value as printed on the ticket.
I haven't really followed this debate, but I tend to agree with this. So if a season ticket holder and a walk-up buyer are selling tickets for the same game in the same price range, the season ticket holder has to sell his tickets for less than the walk-up buyer because he paid less?

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Gags89

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmutter View Post
According to Replacement's argument you must give them away as well. I just read all the debate and this is what I got out of it. But I as well tend to agree with this.

Gags89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 06:30 PM
paulie9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastalk View Post
Row 32, Section 222, seats 10, 11 right in front of railing and nobody in front for 6 rows!!! Oilers attack twice. Lookin to seel the entire season at once but may be willing to sell less if a reasonable offer is made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastalk View Post
By tues if my whole season doesn't sell, I will be sellling the tickets as identical mini-packs as the oilers for $850/pack which includes two seats. The price on the oilers website is for one seat only! SECTION 222, ROW 32, seats 10, 11 (two seats in from aisle) Great view. PM if interested! oilers attack twice!!!
Thanks for the tickets fastalk, you are GTG man

paulie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags89 View Post
According to Replacement's argument you must give them away as well. I just read all the debate and this is what I got out of it. But I as well tend to agree with this.
Judging from this response, plus you ignoring the OP entirely its clear you won't get it. You're banned from the thread, all your ticket posts will be deleted.

Old
09-21-2010, 07:40 PM
oilfansixtynine
schulebsyakhallnuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
I haven't really followed this debate, but I tend to agree with this. So if a season ticket holder and a walk-up buyer are selling tickets for the same game in the same price range, the season ticket holder has to sell his tickets for less than the walk-up buyer because he paid less?
you bet and apparently cant group together tickets either, there's no buyer beware here just seller beware...

Old
09-21-2010, 08:04 PM
oilfansixtynine
schulebsyakhallnuge

Quote:
Judging from this response, plus you ignoring the OP entirely its clear you won't get it. You're banned from the thread, all your ticket posts will be deleted.
Replacement, I'm not targeting or trying to point you out, but have you read the original post? It says tickets must be sold at or below face value. Until you came in this thread and started policing like you have a vendetta against everyone in here trying to get fair value for tickets everything was pretty clear and everything was cordial and all the 'original rules' were followed. Nobody is really 'profiting' and making millions if they are selling tickets well below face value especially if they are grouped together with good games and less than good games... the real scalpers are standing outside screaming "tickets, anyone looking for tickets" or selling them on stubhub or kijiji for double or triple facevalue..

Old
09-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Homesick

How is one to know if the seller is a season ticket holder or not?

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote