HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

forgotten buckeye?

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2005, 01:46 PM
arcticwinter

vCash: 500
forgotten buckeye?

buckeye rod pelley put up good numbers this year.he's an assistant captain,his team votes him the hardest hitter and the player with the hardest shot.he's very tough,not small,has put up numbers prior to ohio state.has only missed one game in three years.john markell has listed him in a group of strong skaters on his team.whats this guy doing wrong?

Old
04-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticwinter
buckeye rod pelley put up good numbers this year.he's an assistant captain,his team votes him the hardest hitter and the player with the hardest shot.he's very tough,not small,has put up numbers prior to ohio state.has only missed one game in three years.john markell has listed him in a group of strong skaters on his team.whats this guy doing wrong?
Nothing. When many people talked about Buckeyes hockey this season, the players whose names seem to come up the most are guys like Tom Fritsche, Matt Beaudoin and JB Bittner. But for whatever reason Pelley tended to get overlooked much of the time. Pity too because he's such a great player who brings so much to the Buckeyes. I'm not knocking Fritsche, Beaudoin and Bittner but IMO Pelley could easily be mentioned in the same breath as those guys. He certainly is just as integral to the team as those guys are (or in JB's case, were).

Old
04-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Jelloman

Quote:
I don't think he is doing anything wrong - ha plays solid hockey, has been as much if not more than a prducer on the power play all season, and is probably the hardest hitter I have seen on the buckeyes (only harder hitter I have seen was Bencharski last year).

Expect him to be a solid leader next year. His unassuming style on the ice and ability to see scoring chances will bring his point total even fruther next year (he almost doubled his number of points off of last year). I think he is a real gem just polishing up and will really peak fro college play next year.

Old
04-19-2005, 11:25 PM
arcticwinter

i was kind of referring to the fact he went undrafted in two drafts.(is this guy really not even a late rounder?).imho he's shown alot more promise than others who did.

Old
04-20-2005, 01:34 AM
futurcorerock

Send a message via AIM to futurcorerock
Rumor on Jackets GM's radio show was that once the lockout is over, he will make some effort to sign a current buckeye. Later, it was revealed that it was Rod Pelley.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=103735&page=3

Old
04-20-2005, 07:05 PM
arcticwinter

well i'm pretty sure he's at least fourth line center material on an ahl team right now and he's young with upside.

Old
04-25-2005, 08:35 PM
arcticwinter

redline report has pelley the ninth ranked undrafted college player.i believe caruso is eleventh.

Old
04-26-2005, 06:58 AM
Schlep Rock

Quote:
redline report has pelley the ninth ranked undrafted college player.i believe caruso is eleventh.
This month's issue?

Old
04-26-2005, 08:16 PM
arcticwinter

from usa today article.

With that in mind, here are Red Line's rankings of this year's college free-agent crop. Note that several of the players listed are only juniors, but we feel their negotiating leverage will never be higher than it is now with the lockout still in effect, so they may be tempted to leave school a year early.

1. Marty Sertich, LW/C, junior, Colorado College

2. Tuomas Tarkki, G, senior, Northern Michigan

3. Barrett Ehgoetz, LW, senior, Niagara

4. Gabe Gauthier, LW, junior, Denver

5. Charlie Cook, D, senior, Cornell

6. Scott Mifsud, LW, senior, Vermont

7. David Spina, RW, senior, Boston College

8. Colby Genoway, RW, senior, North Dakota

9. Rod Pelley, LW, junior, Ohio State

10. Jason Guerriero, LW, senior, Northeastern

11. Jay Latulippe, LW/C, senior, Clarkson

12. David Caruso, G, junior, Ohio State

13. Eric Werner, D, senior, Michigan

14. Luke Fulghum, RW, senior, Denver

15. Preston Callander, LW/C, senior, New Hampshire

Old
04-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

arcticwinter:

That's an old list. Several of those players have already been picked up: Ehgoetz, Cook, Spina, Genoway, Guerriero and Latulippe. You can find where they all went in the "Going Pro: Who Signed with Who" thread.

Closed Thread