HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NYR/Edm

Old
09-21-2010, 05:21 PM
LyNX27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
Wow, that is going up for Best Typo of the Year award.
It comes a close second to the fact that everytime Ola types in "Stephan" he wins it.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 05:45 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I would do it in a heartbeat

09-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Greetings Ranger Nation, I come in peace. Would you guys consider the following?

To NYR: Ales Hemsky
To Edmonton: McIlrath, White, Dubinsky.
Could be considered a fair trade, but in reality the Ranger's won't give up a shiny new top 10 pick for a slick but often injured player. It's a risky deal and way too early to be moving a guy you've been touting all Summer like they pulled off some kind of coup.

My advice to you Bugg is stop worrying about who will protect Mr.Hall, your GM will get plenty of muscle along the way

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 06:43 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I like Ales Hemsky - I would LOVE to have him on the Rangers. And I also think that Dubi is trade bait at some point. But I think the Rangers can get more for that package than just Hemsky.

Don't forget that Dubi is the same guy that teams keep asking for as the key piecce in exchange for superstar players like Heatley - so while I agree that the Rangers would have to add another asset, they shouldn't have to add too much more value to bring back Hemsky. A recently picked #10 overall has a LOT of value. Swap McIlrath out for a tier B prospect and you've got a deal.

It's not a bad proposal, but at the end of the day, it's a better deal for the Oilers than the Rangers.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 07:12 PM
ck20

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Copied and pasted from main trade board:

The value is there, but I don't think either team does it.

Hemsky's injury history will scare the Rangers away, and the brass is way too high on McIlrath to trade him away for anything short of a bonafide young star, of which Hemsky is not.

Until Taylor Hall makes his presence known, Hemsky continues to be the face of the Edmonton offense. Like I said, both teams pass on this one.
I don't think career-ending injuries have ever scared the Rangers away from shelling out contracts.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
I don't think career-ending injuries have ever scared the Rangers away from shelling out contracts.
Big difference in shelling out a contract to an oft-injured player and trading your 10th overall pick and a core piece in Dubi for one

an emphatic no to this trade (no disrespect to the proposer)

I would just much rather keep MCI and see what he becomes than trade him for hemsky....not to say there arent other offers i would consider.....if souray and redden are added to the end of these i would admit....quite tempting.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Orr Nightmare

no way i make that trade....i think it is a terrible prospal.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Reijo R

To me, Hemsky isn't much better than Zherdev and everyone ran that kid out of town. We all know how skilled Hemsky is, but here are the negatives:

1. He's 27 yrs old, so he's older than Dubi
2. Career avg of 18.5 goals per 82 games; not a gifted finisher
3. Registered only 5 hits in 22 games last season
4. Has been injury-prone in the past

So, to me, the only advantages he has on Dubi are speed and puck-handling. He has a lot of PP assists, playing on the EDM 1st unit. While Hemsky has more offensive talent, Dubi brings a lot of other things to the table, especially grit. I may be in the minority, but I wouldn't trade these 2 straight up, nevermind throw in a prospect like McIlrath.

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:02 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Nope, Hemsky holds very very little value to me at this point. He's hasn't risen to the top and now he's developing some injury questions. There's room to improve but only more questions. His price tag is steep so unless he's coming super cheap, which the asking price isn't anywhere near super cheap, there's no interest hear.

For that asking price, Hall isn't movable, but you'd have to at least start with MPS to begin the package.
MPS + Souray
Dubinsky + Eminger + White

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:45 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Nope, Hemsky holds very very little value to me at this point. He's hasn't risen to the top and now he's developing some injury questions. There's room to improve but only more questions. His price tag is steep so unless he's coming super cheap, which the asking price isn't anywhere near super cheap, there's no interest hear.

For that asking price, Hall isn't movable, but you'd have to at least start with MPS to begin the package.
MPS + Souray
Dubinsky + Eminger + White
dubi plus 2 throwaways for mps ? yer kiddin right ?

eminger and white = zero trade value.

hemsky is an offensive talent right now in his prime. hes more than dubi now and more than dubi will ever be. you arent gonna get one of edmontons best players for that package of crap.

and one more thing, hemsky helps us immediately. something we need.

my original offer of hemsky and plante- a bigtime physical dman prospect to replace mci for dubi, mci and white atleast works and makes sense.

hemsky immediate talent upfront and balance for our top 2 lines.
plante- replace mci in the system. big, strong physical stay at home dman prospect.

edmonton gets dubi and mci whom they wanted on draft day and white.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I think the idea is that Souray has intensely negative trade value.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

HAHAHAHAHAHA NO NO NO NO NO

Anyone who says yes doesn't know what McIlrath is gonna do to Crosby, Tavares and Parise for a long time when they skate down the ice.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:45 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post

Anyone who says yes doesn't know what McIlrath is gonna do to Crosby, Tavares and Parise for a long time when they skate down the ice.
Can he catch any of them?

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:05 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Can he catch any of them?
He tagged Kreider in prospects camp. If he can catch him, he can catch anyone.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:08 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post

McIlrath may be making Ovechkin's life miserable as well in a few seasons. He is a big nasty play with an edge d-man who likes to throw big hits. By all acounts he's skating better than expected and playing quite well so far in his first training camp.

No doubt that Hemsky is an excellent offensive player--better than Dubinsky in that respect. Also more injury prone. Also Dubinsky is a more rounded player who now plays two positions and plays with a lot of grit--hits a lot, will fights, cycles the puck really well and is a pretty good pk'er. His offensive production is likely to go up again this year. His cap hit is less than half of Hemsky's as well. I expect ODC is going to think I'm crazy again but I wouldn't trade Dubinsky straight up for Hemsky--let alone with McIlrath etc.

Anyway with respect to Dubinsky I'm not very trigger happy. Find someone else to trade instead of him and maybe I'd be more receptive.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:12 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I think the idea is that Souray has intensely negative trade value.
not as much negative trade value as redden.

and if i move dubinsky, its for a proven scorer who can slot in to a top 6 spot for the next 4 years. like hemsky.

not another prospect.

its hard to believe im going to say this, but i think prospect wise, were in pretty good shape in the near future.

its the near future i worry about when it comes to winning games and thats where hemsky comes in.

Last edited by offdacrossbar: 09-22-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old
09-22-2010, 01:25 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
He tagged Kreider in prospects camp. If he can catch him, he can catch anyone.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:35 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
McIlrath may be making Ovechkin's life miserable as well in a few seasons. He is a big nasty play with an edge d-man who likes to throw big hits. By all acounts he's skating better than expected and playing quite well so far in his first training camp.

No doubt that Hemsky is an excellent offensive player--better than Dubinsky in that respect. Also more injury prone. Also Dubinsky is a more rounded player who now plays two positions and plays with a lot of grit--hits a lot, will fights, cycles the puck really well and is a pretty good pk'er. His offensive production is likely to go up again this year. His cap hit is less than half of Hemsky's as well. I expect ODC is going to think I'm crazy again but I wouldn't trade Dubinsky straight up for Hemsky--let alone with McIlrath etc.

Anyway with respect to Dubinsky I'm not very trigger happy. Find someone else to trade instead of him and maybe I'd be more receptive.

Old
09-22-2010, 02:34 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
Yeah--I figured that--but there are tradeoffs here. No doubt that Hemsky is a more creative offensive force but Dubinsky is younger, bigger, stronger, more physical, more well rounded and cheaper and as good as Hemsky is I don't think he's good enough to make a contender out of us.

There is also the aspect of stars coming to NYC and failing. The Ranger teams of the late 90's were filled with stars and couldn't even make the playoffs. There's something to be said for young, gritty, hungry players even if they are not stars. To be honest I respect a GM for not being trade happy and I still don't think I would do this.

Old
09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Players Ranger fans would trade Brandon Dubinsky for.

Crosby
Ovechkin
Malkin

Wait that Crosby guy isn't very physical so it can't be straight up, Pens need to add.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 03:45 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Players Ranger fans would trade Brandon Dubinsky for.

Crosby
Ovechkin
Malkin

Wait that Crosby guy isn't very physical so it can't be straight up, Pens need to add.
so true. is there a more overvalued player on this roster ? i mean really.

the guy gets extra points for what he might do and because hes so physical and a power forward, hes like the second coming of brendon shannahan all of a sudden.

it wasnt that long ago that he was an inmature, inconsistent, offensively challenged kid struggling to stay in the lineup.

now hes unmoveable.

classic.

Old
09-22-2010, 04:21 PM
eco's bones

Quote:

the guy gets extra points for what he might do and because hes so physical and a power forward, hes like the second coming of brendon shannahan all of a sudden.

it wasnt that long ago that he was an inmature, inconsistent, offensively challenged kid struggling to stay in the lineup.

now hes unmoveable.

classic.
Sorry but Hemsky isn't in the same ballpark as Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin. Not even close.

He's a very slick, offensive minded whiz but that's about it. He's ordinary or below par in other respects and he's injury prone. He's worth his salary but that's about it. He's not a bargain basement deal like some make him out to be.

I brought up the NYC thing. He's been playing in the fastest rink in the league in a more wide open conference. MSG is notorious for crappy ice and we regularly play teams that batten down the hatches defensively--such as the Devils, Flyers. I'd wonder not just about his health history but how he would handle that--or in other words I'm not a true believer that talent is the be all and end all.

Old
09-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:

now hes unmoveable.

classic.
hes 24....

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 01:49 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Hemsky is probably my favorite NHLer outside of the Rangers. He's probably one of the best playmakers in the game; and IMO the best finesse/stick handler in the league. His finesse style really compares to Kovalev of 1994. If you're wondering Kovalev is my favorite Ranger of all time. I just love the finesse game.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 04:38 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
<<We have not the goods to acquire Hemsky without getting fleeced
Keep The Blockbuster Deal simple like this...

Souray, Cogliano for Redden, Gilroy, White/Christ, 2nd 2011 + ev ?
Add perhaps the question mark - whatever that means (Eklund knows...)

FORWARDS
Vaclav Prospal ($2.100m) / Derek Stepan ($0.820m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Alexander Frolov ($3.000m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.821m) / Evgeny Grachev ($0.816m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($1.850m) / Chris Drury ($7.050m) / Ryan Callahan ($2.300m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Andrew Cogliano ($1.000m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
Derek Boogaard ($1.625m) / Boyle/Kennedy ($0.550m)
Lots of line changing and possibilities here

DEFENSEMEN
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Michal Rozsival ($5.000m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Sheldon Souray ($5.400m) / Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m)
Alex Semenov/Garnett Exelby ($0.600m)
A bit more sandpaper and snarl + real PP potential

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($0.875m)
Yeah - a real backup giving 12 wins in 20 games? or so...

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,609,167; BONUSES: $2,000,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $790,833

Yeah ---- I know... I had to use the Bonus cushion
Oh well.. it WAS close

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote