HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Pre-Season Game 1: Senators vs. Maple Leafs

Old
09-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Jnewman

vCash: 500
Forgot the third certainty:
3. Hanson won't have to wait nearly as long for his second NHL fight as he did for his first...slamming Lee's head was...Corsonesque?

Jnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:30 AM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnewman View Post
Forgot the third certainty:
3. Hanson won't have to wait nearly as long for his second NHL fight as he did for his first...slamming Lee's head was...Corsonesque?

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Amputechture

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
Offhand, we brought some guys who did not play last night, but are likely to get the start tonight.

Karlsson and Wiercioch came along and will likely play tonight. Elliott is going to start tonight. I'm unsure if Mike Brodeur will split the goaltending duties this game because he came down with food poisoning. I dunno if it's one of those '24' hour illnesses that players miraculously seem to bounce back from but if he feels well enough there's a chance he could be there.

Guys who I would expect to be on the ice again in order to get a better look are Wick, Butler, Hoffman, Lee.
Awesome, thanks so much for the info! Do you think that Kelly will play again??

Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Jnewman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Memories...pressed between the pages of my mind/
Memories...sweetened through the ages just like wine/
Sweet memories

Jnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:14 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Do we have any idea of what the lineup will be tonight?

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:41 AM
jordan7hm

Quote:
Originally Posted by owa View Post
Ottawa won, and no one really put in a bad game. The game was strange because of the all the penalties.
Spencer absolutely sucked.

Useless in terms of playing and lost his only fight to a player half his size. Brutal.

jordan7hm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputechture View Post
Awesome, thanks so much for the info! Do you think that Kelly will play again??
I kinda doubt it. With all of the bigger names away I'd love to see him there as he's such a stabilizer with so much inexperience on the ice, but that really isn't the issue anyways.

To add however, Cowen may be back in tonight, Murray mentioned one of Cowen or Weircioch may play in both games and at this point that would be Cowen. It only makes sense, this guys the one their gonna give the biggest chance to, give him as much possible to see what happens when he settled in. Most the time I see him in Sens uni he gets more comfortable as it goes on.

Minister of Offence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:20 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Why don't they just fire Wilson and get it over with already... I know last night was only one of 6 or 7 pre season games, but Burke is being made to look the fool the more times his team hits the ice.

TSN was spouting off about Toronto's up tempo practices and truculence was the word most often being used about "Burke's Toronto Maple Leafs". There was not truculence last night, they looked like a shell of a team compared to ours. Phaneuf tried to step up on Foligno and got burned big time. If thats truculence then "I'm BATMAN".

We had the same amount of AHL players in the game as they did, the same amount of NHL players and we walked all over them. Lehner was great last night, as was Foligno. Great to see hockey back.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:20 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
How did butler look? I saw he had 5 sog

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
How did butler look? I saw he had 5 sog
Not all that visible. Not bad, not good. We spent a long time on the penalty kill, in which he is not apart of.

Old
09-22-2010, 11:57 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Not all that visible. Not bad, not good. We spent a long time on the penalty kill, in which he is not apart of.
Thanks for the reply!

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:27 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

LOL @ Cherry's comments about last night's game:

http://scoreottawa.wordpress.com/ (second post down)

He seems to think Toronto played a good game, and that the goalie was the one to blame for the score. Lame!

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Lundmark17

Cherry was a bit in denial about the game, ie Toronto did a good job with shots on goal (probably because of all the power plays). But at least he thinks we'll be in the playoffs

Lundmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundmark17 View Post
Cherry was a bit in denial about the game, ie Toronto did a good job with shots on goal (probably because of all the power plays). But at least he thinks we'll be in the playoffs
It was the goalies fault, it was the PPs fault, it was Dion's fault, it was Ron's fault, it was the beachballs fault...

I mean there were so many faults last night I don't think grapes had the time to get into all of it.

Old
09-22-2010, 01:31 PM
topshelfie

btw, lol @ 900+ posts for an exhibition game.

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:33 PM
senzational

I hope that Gryba gets a fair shot. It may be that draft status and the fact he was drafted by Muckler may become a factor. I would hope that he gets into three games as he is a good prospect. The fact that he didn't play against TO wasn't a bad move in my mind. They would have run him all night(Kadrification) and he likely would have spent more time fighting and not showing his other hockey skills. If they don't play him them I assume that they are trying to bury him in the minors for this year in order to showcase "THIER" draft picks. That would be sad!

senzational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by senzational View Post
I hope that Gryba gets a fair shot. It may be that draft status and the fact he was drafted by Muckler may become a factor. I would hope that he gets into three games as he is a good prospect. The fact that he didn't play against TO wasn't a bad move in my mind. They would have run him all night(Kadrification) and he likely would have spent more time fighting and not showing his other hockey skills. If they don't play him them I assume that they are trying to bury him in the minors for this year in order to showcase "THIER" draft picks. That would be sad!
Doubt it. I would like to know why Gryba didn't go to Toronto though, figured he would.

Old
09-22-2010, 01:40 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie4snipez View Post
btw, lol @ 900+ posts for an exhibition game.
HOCKEY!!!!!!

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:

Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think that's how it works...

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Maybe a little late here, but the Sens kids played pretty well last night. Conversely, the Leafs embarassed themselves.

As for blaming the goaltending, I thought Rynnas played well until near the end. On the other hand, Lehner was solid for you guys.

I'm really hoping this game was not indicative of what the Leafs will look like this season or the "Battle of Ontario" will remain almost meaningless. Entertaining, yes, but meaningless.

Oh well, at least we'll probably have more Carkner vs. Orr entertainment.

I'd like to add that Hanson smashing Lee's face off the ice was downright dangerous. Hope that wasn't on purpose.....I've never actually seen Hanson get that angry before. He usually seems like a gentle giant.

Spazmatic Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmic Dan View Post
Maybe a little late here, but the Sens kids played pretty well last night. Conversely, the Leafs embarassed themselves.

As for blaming the goaltending, I thought Rynnas played well until near the end. On the other hand, Lehner was solid for you guys.

I'm really hoping this game was not indicative of what the Leafs will look like this season or the "Battle of Ontario" will remain almost meaningless. Entertaining, yes, but meaningless.

Oh well, at least we'll probably have more Carkner vs. Orr entertainment.

I'd like to add that Hanson smashing Lee's face off the ice was downright dangerous. Hope that wasn't on purpose.....I've never actually seen Hanson get that angry before. He usually seems like a gentle giant.
Well I'd assume he meant to do it, just more an incidence of not thinking before acting...for a guy not used to fighting I could see how this sort of thing would happen. I mean doing that was dangerous, but so is allowing two athletes to punch eachother with bare knuckles while wearing skates. And yeah I'm aware of the difference, but for the inexperienced fighter I can see how rules can be blurred in the heat of the moment.

I'm sure he regretted it as well but as long as someone, anyone, with authority over him explains it's just not a part of fighting.

Old
09-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Flamingo

Campoli also took a noggin-knocking last night. He checked someone near the boards, and the checkee (Irwin?) followed through by elbowing Camp's head right into the glass. Campoli stayed out on his shift for 30 seconds more, so he didn't seem to be hurt.. but no call and it looked like a pretty big slam.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Matt The Ace
LWOS Analyst

Send a message via Skype™ to Matt The Ace
All I got was highlights from this game but I was still impressed with the win even though Ottawa took so many penalties.

Tonights game is going to be a different story.

Last edited by Matt The Ace: 09-22-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Matt The Ace is offline   Reply With Quote