Huge blow to our team, Roman Turek leaves Flames

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2005, 12:18 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Brown
now where stuck with Brent "Shaky Knees" Krahn.
First of all, read the lateast Turek headline, apparently he is still with us, you really need to be more uptodate on things.

Secondly, Brent has been injury free all season, his knee problems seem to be behind him. Of course Turek was always Roman "shaky brain" Turek.

Trades can happen you know, and if Turek does infact leave I doubt Sutter will just sit on his ass and go "Oh well, we cant do anything Krahn is our backup.

Old
04-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Phaneuf*

Look at the Flames vs. Red Wings

Nov. 16/98

The 3 goaltenders

Tyler Moss
Ken Wreggt
Jean-Sebastien Giguere

Iggy is the only Flame left from the young guns days maybe I'll scan a pic later.

Old
04-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Slabber Chops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
You obviously aren't very up to date with the Flames as Sabourin is in the Pittsburgh organization.

But I do agree with you that Krahn is not ready to back up.
I'm a Penguins fan, not a Flames fan but I'd be interested to hear what you guys think of Sabourin. Would you project him as an NHL back-up standard sort of a goalie? An NHL starter? Career minor leaguer?

Old
04-26-2005, 07:32 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabber Chops
I'm a Penguins fan, not a Flames fan but I'd be interested to hear what you guys think of Sabourin. Would you project him as an NHL back-up standard sort of a goalie? An NHL starter? Career minor leaguer?
When he was called up last year he was nothing special. I actually remember him losing the game for the Flames vs Dallas last year as well. He needs to imporve quite a bit to be a legit backup goalie in the NHL.

Old
04-26-2005, 11:23 PM
King_Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabber Chops
He needs a lot of work. I too remeber that Dallas game we were up 3-1, and he let in terrible goals and we lost. Thank god hes gone.

I was really hoping Marek Shawrtz however its spelt was going to drop to #19 last year, it looked so close until St.Louis ruined it for us.

Closed Thread