HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Game 3: Rochester @ Hamilton, Apr 24th, 4:00pm EST

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2005, 06:19 PM
cj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
Great post... I don't understand why people have these great expectations for the Bulldogs. The Americans are the top team, and we had to fight to get in. Let's just face those facts. Now its Jarvis's fault, etc... That's a little unfair.
I agree with you, Jarvis is getting way too much flack for this. Giving up leads is not a coaching problem, it's a player problem. It's also evidence of a young team. Imo. they did not have enough veteran experience in key positions, and the veterans they did have let them down (most notably Jason Ward.)

Old
04-24-2005, 06:20 PM
goalchenyuk

this team is really young and that's why they took a lot of time to start to win games ,in the regular season.It is normal , they have to learn a new system in a new league where they are not still the leaders .

now , they are playing in the playoffs , and it is the same kind of story ; they play nervous and without confidence ...

i am not sure that it is Jarvis who asked them to play like that ; from the sound of it , it seems more that the players simply stop to play any kind of system...

Old
04-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozef Balej
With 15 minutes of ice time per game instead of 5, after 1 month of AHL hockey he would have been a dominating force. I agree that perhaps he would be a -90 or something, but who cares? He would be way better than he is now, that's my opinion. Sorry to be harsh on some things right now, I'm just a frustrated Habs fan.
I don't think that giving one of the youngest guys in the league that couldn't even speak English first-line ice time (and responsibilities) would have done him or the team any good. He would have probably just lost all his confidence.

Look ahead to next year though. Kostitsyn will be a year older, much more familiar with the game/culture/language, and with the departure of Higgins, Plekanec, Miettinen, Ott, Begin, Ward, Komisarek, Hainsey, Daley, Jancevski, Ellis our lineup will look something like this:

Kostitsyn-Locke-Milroy
Lambert-Urquart-Ferland
Thinel-Lapierre-Stewart
Ivanans-Morgan-Carpentier

Cote-Archer
Shasby-Sandford
Plante-Flood

Danis
Halak

...anyway, I'm not sure about the exact roster or anything, but the point is NEXT year will be Kostitsyn's real chance to have some responsibility offensively and he will be in a much better position to do so with what he has learned on and off the rink this year.

Old
04-24-2005, 07:35 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
What?????? I just cameback and we lost?

Someone, shoot me!!! That's unbeleivable after scoring 3 goals in the first, I was like ''Hey we gonna win for sure, I'm outta here!'' ARGH!!!!

It's still not finish but I can't beleive it, I just can't!!!!

BOOO to Jarvis, joke.He pissed me off during all year long.

Old
04-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
BOOO to Jarvis, joke.He pissed me off during all year long.
Stop blaming Jarvis, it's not his fault his players didn't show up for 40 minutes. They deserved it. Game over, and we'll see them next year (and they'll do way worse, too).

Old
04-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Razorblade

Well, after witnessing that "effort", and taking a minute to reflect before going off on a tangent about how I hate McMorrow and Roy, here's what I got from today's game:

Ron Hainsey....sucks. No 2 ways about it. He's only decent when he's got Komisarek on the other point, and if you can't succeed with him at this level, you're dead. Bad giveaways, caught out of position, lack of intensity...it goes on and on. If he ever makes the Habs, the defensive depth will not be very good.

Trevor Daley needs to stop thinking he's Bobby Orr and think he's...Trevor Daley. A small mobile defenseman who needs to desperately work on his defensive game. Not that I care much, as he's only got 1 game left with the Dogs, and then Iowa can deal with this guy.

Duncan Milroy has not progressed in the last 2 years. The only reason he got more points this year is because there was a spot for him in the lineup. Why he is in the lineup ahead of Thinel is beyond me. Thinel gives it his all every night, and plays a gritty game. Milroy doesn't give it his all, and a guy who is supposed to be somewhat gritty, really never shows it.

Andrei Kostitsyn needs to think before he shoots. Yes he has a great shot, but a lot of his shots were from the perimeter that never made it to the net. There were good passing lanes available, but he didn't use them.

As a team, they played a great first period, one of their best periods of the year. But their insistance to sit on a lead drives me crazy, and Jarvis needs to realize that you don't sit until the last 10, not the last 40. Granted, some of the guys had good games, like Danis, Higgins, Komisarek, and Ott but other than that, no one really stood out. They have slim to none of a chance of winning Tuesday, as like Derek said on the radio the team did look worn out for the last 30 minutes, and I can't see them getting up for another game. Hopefully they can take 1, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Besides the first period, the only thing I enjoyed today was meeting Bob Gainey. Really nice guy, was a little busy but took a couple minutes out of his time.

Old
04-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml_4ever
and here i was thinking the Bull dogs could face the baby Leafs in the North Division Final......

oh well, there's still one game left, and maybe the Dogs will pull off a miracle upset....who knows?
ahem, leafs series is tied 1-1, don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

Old
04-24-2005, 10:03 PM
NewHabsEra*

They miss a whole second line.. Not tough to understand...

The only real top 2 lines material at the moment are Higgins Plekanec and Mettinen..

Locke is'nt an effective AHLer at the moment and Kostitsyn is highly skilled but still not mature enough physically...

We miss Perezhogin, Hossa and Gratton... With Gratton centering the second line we would be a much better team.

Old
04-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Pepper

Anyone notice that after McMorrow created havoc, Amerks scored 3 unaswered goals??

Don't underrate his role, just because you don't like him doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's doing.

Old
04-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Crossroads*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte
Young Team + Playoffs = Heartbreak....
Um, I don't want to burst your bubble or anything but the average age of the Hamilton Habs is 25... that is far from 'young' in terms of AHL standards. It may be young in the NHL, but not in the AHL

Old
04-26-2005, 02:32 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroads
Um, I don't want to burst your bubble or anything but the average age of the Hamilton Habs is 25... that is far from 'young' in terms of AHL standards. It may be young in the NHL, but not in the AHL
Plek is 22 (third season though)
Higgins is 21 (second season)
Miettinen is 24 (2nd year)
Ott is 22 (third year pro)
Begin is a vet, 26 (7th year pro)
Ward is a vet too, 26 (8th year pro)
Locke is a rookie, 20

Etc...

The average age is doubtfully 25 IMO, closer to 22/23. Anyways, the core players are more like 23.. Higgins, Plekanec, Miettinen, Hainsey, Komisarek, Danis...

Old
04-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Crossroads*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
Plek is 22 (third season though)
Higgins is 21 (second season)
Miettinen is 24 (2nd year)
Ott is 22 (third year pro)
Begin is a vet, 26 (7th year pro)
Ward is a vet too, 26 (8th year pro)
Locke is a rookie, 20

Etc...

The average age is doubtfully 25 IMO, closer to 22/23. Anyways, the core players are more like 23.. Higgins, Plekanec, Miettinen, Hainsey, Komisarek, Danis...
Well, I calculated the average age (it comes out to 24.7, rounded up to 25).

Old
04-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Corey

Quote:
This isn't a typical season. Next year the avarage age will go down because some players will be promoted to the NHL and some will be released to make room for players now in the 19-20 age bracket.

Old
04-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Crossroads*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
This isn't a typical season. Next year the avarage age will go down because some players will be promoted to the NHL and some will be released to make room for players now in the 19-20 age bracket.
If anything the average age will go up if the prospects currently in the system are going to graduate to the Habs.

Old
04-27-2005, 07:30 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
If anything the average age will go up if the prospects currently in the system are going to graduate to the Habs.
Those who will graduate (likely Higgins, Plekanec, Komisarek, Hainsey) are going to be replaced by players who are in the ECHL (Shasby is kinda old, otherwise Urquhart, Lambert, Michaud and Sandford are young).

The average is nearing the 25 yo because of crap players like Benjamin Carpentier, Dan Focht (who isn't with the team anymore), Raitis Ivanans (well I sorta like him, but he's playing no big role), Gavin Morgan, Philippe Plante... those are role players that have no real big impact on the team's success yet they're the older ones.

Closed Thread