HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Potulny signs 2-way 500k contract with Hawks

Old
09-17-2010, 02:19 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Dowell and Bickell both bring far more sandpaper to a team lacking it then Potulny ever will. Talent around the net we're not short on.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 03:04 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

ahhhh, the famous "sandpaper" term!! I love when people talk about "sandpaper" as if it is actually a skill or a tangible trait. never understood why sandpaper gets thrown around so much. I am sure I have used it as well, but the more appropriate word is "GRIT".

When you build a winning team, you usually want your more talented players in the top 6/borderline 9, then your gritty checkers filling out the last few spots on the third and fourth lines. In Potulny's case, he simply is too talented to be a 4th line player. He does not bring the style of play necessary to be this team fourth line winger. Unless he has taken UFC/Martial Arts class this off-season, and has learned how to take people down with the body, I dont see him as a viable fourth line option. Our third line is going to be D minded as well, but I think he can carve a spot out there easier then the 4th line.

That does not mean Potulny cant make the third line, which it absolutely makes me crack up when people say if he is on the third line the Hawks will suck...yet most people's third line involves Skille and or Stahlberg, and yet neither have scored close to what Potulny has at the NHL level. Go figure.

Some of you people are just way to full of yourself in trying to predict the future. Everyone on here (including me) is nothing more then arm chair quarterbacks who think they know everything about players, deveolpment, coaching, etc. Keep trying to peg Potulny as a bum, I love it more and more I hear it, because it just makes you guys really look bush league.

Not saying Potulny is going to score 20 goals, or be a top 6 winger, but the guy is more then just an AHL call up here guys, and just get sick and tired of people dealing in absolutes on here as if they know their ass from a hole in the ground.

I am sure when we got Versteeg and Sharp,you guys pegged them as top 6 talents in the NHL eh? All it takes is for the right situation to happen and a player can really turn their career around. I thought Potulny proved he belongs in the NHL with some team after last year, but I am with those that say let the guy prove us right or wrong before we start labeling him an AHLer.

There is absolutely nothing to lose with this guy...he has shown he can score goals, which is exactly what we need to get replaced...we have enough grity players.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 05:00 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
We are severely lacking in gritty players. Dowell and Bickell serve a role.

What a safe way to make a stand. After whiffing so hard on your pimping of Nate Davis, I understand your hesitancy to make any strong opinions.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 05:27 PM
massivegoonery

He's so, so, so slow.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
He's so, so, so slow.
Only DiDomenico was slower out there in camp today, and he's coming off of a BROKEN FEMUR, so that is entirely understandable. Potulny is an AHL stud, who lacks the skating ability to be an NHL regular. You HAVE to be able to keep up with the play when it transitions from offense to defense, and defense to offense, and he just can't. Was two steps behind all day.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 05:31 PM
willfenix

Send a message via AIM to willfenix
I'm excited about Ryan Potulny playing in Rockford and it's another good signing for so many green green kids on that team.

willfenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:33 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfenix View Post
I'm excited about Ryan Potulny playing in Rockford and it's another good signing for so many green green kids on that team.
I think he's NHL calibre. He pick pocketed from Dan Boyle and went in on and made a beautiful deke on Nabakov. Those are some big name players, and I seen many other beautiful highlight reel goals he has scored. I don't know if he's suited for the AHL. You have a very capable NHL scorer on your hands.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote