HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So when Gagne steps on the ice in Philly this year

Old
09-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Flyskippy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
If I had a dime for every time some one asked me who the Habs were last ECF...

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Yea people are morons.

I'm sure thousands of people now think "Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole" is some fancy new hockey chant. I had to yell at some people during the Cup Finals last year.
I didn't hear it in the Cup finals Game 3, from what I remember. I heard it in the ECF, but I know it was specifically a shot at the Habs.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I didn't hear it in the Cup finals Game 3, from what I remember. I heard it in the ECF, but I know it was specifically a shot at the Habs.
That's the only time it's appropriate. Sarcasm emanating from 19,000 fans is amazing.

Old
09-23-2010, 10:14 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Yea, it happened a ton in the ECF (rightfully so, as a mock) and my (as well as a few others') biggest fear was that morons/bandwagoners would think it was something to do all the time. Sure enough, it was either game 3 or 4 of the SCF, I'm pretty sure Game 4, someone in my section stood up and tried to get everyone going by starting an "Ole" chant. I (the guy who despite being a STH, probably said a combined 5 audible words all season. I'm a very quiet, intense viewer.) stood up and yelled "Sit the F down! This isn't F'ng Montreal!" You should have seen the guy (and his girlfriend's) face. He was completely mortified, and had no idea what he did wrong. My fellow STH around me probably were cracking up that this was probably the only thing they heard me say all season despite being there every game haha.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 10:18 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

So Gagne had 3 points last night....if he stays healthy which it seems every other year he's good for that...he will have a productive year. Wish they could have kept him. Sorry but Guerin will not soften the blow (if he stays) and it remains to be seen how much Zherdev will fill the void...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 10:25 AM
hof2120

So anybody else wishfully thinking that Gags will return after this season?

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
So Gagne had 3 points last night....if he stays healthy which it seems every other year he's good for that...he will have a productive year. Wish they could have kept him. Sorry but Guerin will not soften the blow (if he stays) and it remains to be seen how much Zherdev will fill the void...
It just about doesn't matter who would've or has gotten brought in to replace Gagne. You simply can't replace a player like Simon Gagne because of what he was to the organization.

Maybe, if we're lucky, some years down the road we'll get someone who we can say reminds us a lot of Gagne. But that's as close as they'll ever get.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
So anybody else wishfully thinking that Gags will return after this season?
Yes, I would not be surprised if he were the next Flyer to have a second stint with the team. I own a Renberg jersey and that got new life. I own a Recchi jersey and that had a second life. My other jerseys are Hartnell, Gagne, and Poulin. I don't think Poulin's coming back, but Gagne might.