HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3rd Line RW

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2010, 12:03 AM
  #1
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis
 
Playmaker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,736
vCash: 500
3rd Line RW

IMO it's been/will be the only spot that's completely up for grabs.

Cammy, Pleks, AK, Gomez, Gionta and one of Pouliot/Eller (with the other dropping to the 3rd line) will most probably be the top 6 to start the season.

Halpern will likely be the C of the fourth line, and so Boyd must be the 3rd line's LW/C.

That leaves Moen, Lapierre and Palushaj (outside chance) to fight for the last spot on the third line. Over the summer I figured it should be Lapierre by default although, knowing Martin, it would probably go to a more experienced player like Moen who would IMO negate any offensive potential his line might have. However, after seeing how well Palushaj has done so far at the rookie and main camps, the thought of Eller and Palushaj providing secondary scoring seems very appealing to me.

So, I have a few questions to ask:

1) Of those who watched Hamilton's playoff run or have seen Palushaj enough to get a good read on him, do you think he has a strong enough defensive game to play on our 3rd line (and do you think he's ready to)?

2) If he does make the team, who sits out game 1? Pyatt? Moen? And if not, does he get a call up before Desharnais, Maxwell, Avtsin etc.?

3) While IMO Lapierre's offensive game is underrated, do you think it's good enough to earn him a spot on the third line and do you think he'll be able to play his game more consistently than he has in the past?

4) Do you think Moen is that stabilizing vet presence our 3rd line needs next to the likes of Eller and Boyd?

5) How do you think this will all play out?

(hopefully this will help take a breather from the Price bashing )

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 12:37 AM
  #2
lou4gehrig
Registered User
 
lou4gehrig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,586
vCash: 500
Too bad we don't have a real 1st line RW to compliment Camm. Then AKost can play on 3rd line where he belongs.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 05:45 AM
  #3
92Rahman
Registered User
 
92Rahman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 399
vCash: 500
this is an interesting line up

Cams - Pleks - AK
Gionta - Gomez - Eller
Pouliot - Maxwell - (unknown)
Pyatt - (unknown) - Lapierre

92Rahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:01 AM
  #4
Kboum
Registered User
 
Kboum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Rahman View Post
this is an interesting line up

Cams - Pleks - AK
Gionta - Gomez - Eller
Pouliot - Maxwell - (unknown)
Pyatt - (unknown) - Lapierre
Ryan White (I really like the kid), Halpern, Moen

Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:45 AM
  #5
Agalloch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Rahman View Post
this is an interesting line up

Cams - Pleks - AK
Gionta - Gomez - Eller
Pouliot - Boyd - Moen
Pyatt - Halpern - Lapierre

White, Darche
I like that.

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 07:00 AM
  #6
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Cams - Pleks - AK
Gionta - Gomez - Eller
Pouliot - Maxwell - (unknown)
Pyatt - (unknown) - Lapierre
I would like to see:

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Palushaj
Kostitsyn - Eller - Lapierre
Boyd - Halpern - Moen

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 07:42 AM
  #7
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
We haven't even seen Boyd yet. Is he a lock for the starting lineup? And Eller as well, I think he can start the season in Hamilton. Not that I want that but it's too early to tell who will be where. Pyatt is a lock though IMO, and should be getting more responsibilities this season.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 08:06 AM
  #8
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
I say we don't rush Aaron, we don't need MaxPac v2.0.

He and Leblanc looked great last night, I would even say Leblanc could do some damage at the AHL level and by next year will guaranteed do damage at the AHL level. Let's not rush them though both appear to be future NHL material for sure. Do you guys remember how pissed off St. Louis fans were because of that deal?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 08:09 AM
  #9
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Rahman View Post
this is an interesting line up

Cams - Pleks - AK
Gionta - Gomez - Eller
Pouliot - Maxwell - (unknown)
Pyatt - (unknown) - Lapierre
Lapierre on a fourth line is a waste. He has the tools, the skating and enough offensive (+ defensive) skills to be a good third liner.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 08:16 AM
  #10
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I say we don't rush Aaron, we don't need MaxPac v2.0.

He and Leblanc looked great last night, I would even say Leblanc could do some damage at the AHL level and by next year will guaranteed do damage at the AHL level. Let's not rush them though both appear to be future NHL material for sure. Do you guys remember how pissed off St. Louis fans were because of that deal?
St. Louis has fans?
Kidding aside, I met this guy over the summer who played against him in the college level and I was asking him about some of our prospects that he knew and played against like Leblanc and Kristo, but he told me to just watch Palushaj and that he will surprise everyone. No doubt in his mind that Aaron has the tools to be a top six or even top line forward in the NHL. So far he does not look wrong.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 08:19 AM
  #11
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Lapierre on a fourth line is a waste. He has the tools, the skating and enough offensive (+ defensive) skills to be a good third liner.
Correction: Good second liner and great third liner. Can't wait to see what he does this year, I've got a good feeling about him.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 08:36 AM
  #12
McNuts
Registered User
 
McNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,825
vCash: 500
I'd like to have Boyd, Eller and Pyatt on the same line, that would probably be the fastest line in the NHL. Moen Halpern and Lapierre would pretty much be the best 4th line in the league.

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 08:45 AM
  #13
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab junkie View Post
St. Louis has fans?
Kidding aside, I met this guy over the summer who played against him in the college level and I was asking him about some of our prospects that he knew and played against like Leblanc and Kristo, but he told me to just watch Palushaj and that he will surprise everyone. No doubt in his mind that Aaron has the tools to be a top six or even top line forward in the NHL. So far he does not look wrong.
I must be the only one here who thinks that Palushaj was lacking strenght. His speed, hand and will is there but I'm not sure if he can match up vs big Dman.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 08:52 AM
  #14
ScopeHockey
Registered User
 
ScopeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
I'd like to have Boyd, Eller and Pyatt on the same line, that would probably be the fastest line in the NHL. Moen Halpern and Lapierre would pretty much be the best 4th line in the league.
Not a bad 4th line, but I'd prefer Powe (agitator with some skill)-Betts (best PKer in the league)-Laperriere (one of the best leaders/enforcers in the league, can play).

To me, a 4th line needs to bring a ton of intangibles (passion, experience, energy, leadership, etc) and the Powe-Betts-Laperriere line is a great model of this.

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 08:58 AM
  #15
Kensai Akatsume Ryu
Registered User
 
Kensai Akatsume Ryu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alma,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kensai Akatsume Ryu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Rahman View Post
this is an interesting line up

Cams - Pleks - AK
Gionta - Gomez - Eller
Pouliot - Desharnais/Boyd - Moen
Pyatt - Halpern/Boyd - Lapierre
That's my line-up... I'm not sure what to do with the 4th line though... I insist on giving Desharnais a spot as I believe he would be a really solid 3rd liner, especially if you give him offensive guys to play with. I might have mixed the sides but don't mind that

Kensai Akatsume Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 10:43 AM
  #16
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,588
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Rahman View Post
this is an interesting line up

Cams - Pleks - AK
Gionta - Gomez - Eller
Pouliot - Maxwell - (unknown)
Pyatt - (unknown) - Lapierre
Maxwell lol

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 11:12 AM
  #17
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab junkie View Post
St. Louis has fans?
Sure, they live here in Quebec, have Halak jerseys and actually believe what they hear on radio, newspapers and TV.


P.S. I wish Halak all the best. he did very well for this team last year.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 11:16 AM
  #18
Ceux de Montreal
help
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I say we don't rush Aaron, we don't need MaxPac v2.0.

He and Leblanc looked great last night, I would even say Leblanc could do some damage at the AHL level and by next year will guaranteed do damage at the AHL level. Let's not rush them though both appear to be future NHL material for sure. Do you guys remember how pissed off St. Louis fans were because of that deal?
Surprisingly, D'Agostini have looked good in the pre-season so far.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 11:24 AM
  #19
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
That leaves Moen, Lapierre and Palushaj (outside chance) to fight for the last spot on the third line. Over the summer I figured it should be Lapierre by default although, knowing Martin, it would probably go to a more experienced player like Moen who would IMO negate any offensive potential his line might have. However, after seeing how well Palushaj has done so far at the rookie and main camps, the thought of Eller and Palushaj providing secondary scoring seems very appealing to me.

So, I have a few questions to ask:

1) Of those who watched Hamilton's playoff run or have seen Palushaj enough to get a good read on him, do you think he has a strong enough defensive game to play on our 3rd line (and do you think he's ready to)?

2) If he does make the team, who sits out game 1? Pyatt? Moen? And if not, does he get a call up before Desharnais, Maxwell, Avtsin etc.?

3) While IMO Lapierre's offensive game is underrated, do you think it's good enough to earn him a spot on the third line and do you think he'll be able to play his game more consistently than he has in the past?

4) Do you think Moen is that stabilizing vet presence our 3rd line needs next to the likes of Eller and Boyd?

5) How do you think this will all play out?

(hopefully this will help take a breather from the Price bashing )

1) Palushaj is solid in his own end, it's not going to be a problem for him, he works hard consistently at both ends of the ice.

2) I don't see him making the team. As for the 1st call up, it will likely depend on who was injured.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 12:37 PM
  #20
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,811
vCash: 500
Out of the ordinary idea

How bout giving the 3rd line RW to job to Andrei Kostitsyn?

I'm really starting to love Maxime Lappierre's game, He's ultra fast, plays hard, hits hard, catches every pass in his direction, drives the net...

How bout giving him a shot on the 2nd line and letting him play an "Alex Burrows" type of game?

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Lappierre
Boyd-Eller-Kostitsyn
Pyatt-Halpern-Moen

Hell of a 3rd line imo!

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 01:00 PM
  #21
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Eller-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Boyd-Halper-Lapierre
Pyatt-Maxwell-Moen

Darche

I liked Palushaj too yesterday but I think he's not NHL ready, he was destroyed in board battle he look like a doll when he got check near the board

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 01:02 PM
  #22
Prospector
Registered User
 
Prospector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
How bout giving the 3rd line RW to job to Andrei Kostitsyn?

I'm really starting to love Maxime Lappierre's game, He's ultra fast, plays hard, hits hard, catches every pass in his direction, drives the net...

How bout giving him a shot on the 2nd line and letting him play an "Alex Burrows" type of game?

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Lappierre
Boyd-Eller-Kostitsyn
Pyatt-Halpern-Moen

Hell of a 3rd line imo!
In my opinion the only line that is a lock to start the season is Cammy-Plek-Kostitsyn ...
Honestly, I'd rather see Lapierre on the 3rd line, I know he has improved a lot in the offensive department, but I just think he lacks hockey sense and creativity to keep up with Cammalleri and Plekanec... If Andrei can play like the second quarter of the season this line will be very dangerous.

Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 01:17 PM
  #23
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Eller-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Boyd-Halper-Lapierre
Pyatt-Maxwell-Moen

Darche

I liked Palushaj too yesterday but I think he's not NHL ready, he was destroyed in board battle he look like a doll when he got check near the board
No Pouliot?

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 02:07 PM
  #24
Papa Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
How bout giving the 3rd line RW to job to Andrei Kostitsyn?

I'm really starting to love Maxime Lappierre's game, He's ultra fast, plays hard, hits hard, catches every pass in his direction, drives the net...

How bout giving him a shot on the 2nd line and letting him play an "Alex Burrows" type of game?

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Lappierre
Boyd-Eller-Kostitsyn
Pyatt-Halpern-Moen

Hell of a 3rd line imo!
I would have Lappy on the third line, making it possibly the fastest 3rd line in the league!
That would be a pretty good 4th line as well.

Papa Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 02:22 PM
  #25
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,589
vCash: 500
Cammy - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Eller - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Boyd - Lapierre
Moen - Halpern - Pyatt

Mark my words

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.