HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

(HD) "Haters Gonna Hate" Drew Doughty

Old
09-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Magicman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
After watching this video, my adrenaline is pumping . . . To all you people who said "DL doesn't get any credit for drafting Drew Doughty" . . . UMM, YES HE DOES!!!!! Thank the hockey gods Tampa Bay didn't pick Doughty.

IN DOUGHTY I TRUST, IN DEAN I TRUST, GO KINGS GO!!

CAN I GET A HELL YAH!??

RAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRR
Your kidding right???

All indications leading up to the last few games of that season was that Stamkos was going #1, regardless of who was there. LA/Tampa

No way Lombardi dosen't take the highest rated player. No was he trades down from the #1 spot to take Doughty.

The culture of the Kings at that time, and is still discussed here and elsewhere is Don't Trade Top Picks.

If Schenn was rated #2 he would be in a Kings jersey.

And talk to me when a Lombardi team makes it past the 2nd round of the Playoffs.

Magicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman View Post
Your kidding right???

All indications leading up to the last few games of that season was that Stamkos was going #1, regardless of who was there. LA/Tampa

No way Lombardi dosen't take the highest rated player. No was he trades down from the #1 spot to take Doughty.

The culture of the Kings at that time, and is still discussed here and elsewhere is Don't Trade Top Picks.

If Schenn was rated #2 he would be in a Kings jersey.

And talk to me when a Lombardi team makes it past the 2nd round of the Playoffs.
You're kidding right? Doughty wasn't a lock at 2. DL did his homework and deserves credit for sure.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Magicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
You're kidding right? Doughty wasn't a lock at 2. DL did his homework and deserves credit for sure.
Homework on a #2 pick, Keep dreaming, after the WJC's it was a lock.

Also, had Lombardi not been caught asleep at the wheel the previous draft he could have taken Alzner. But instead he took Hickey, who will be an incredible long shot to make the club again this season out of camp.

Guess Lombardi was watching TV in his room instead of doing his homework on first round picks that year.

Magicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:

Also, had Lombardi not been caught asleep at the wheel the previous draft he could have taken Alzner. But instead he took Hickey, who will be an incredible long shot to make the club again this season out of camp.

Guess Lombardi was watching TV in his room instead of doing his homework on first round picks that year.
LOL, here we go, first off, 13 posts and your already being condescending to others? Way to start off . .

Everyone knows that picks #2-6 could have been ANYONE including Filatov. Each defencemen had certain characteristics that made them stand out were it would be extremely hard to make a comfortable decision. You have no idea (neither does anyone else on this board, including me) what goes in to deciding who you are going to pick for your franchise.

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter if it's a first overall pick, The GM still has to weigh out all of the possibilities and make the RIGHT choice.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:

No, it was not a lock. Go read all the publications from that draft. #2 or #100 you still do homework on a pick. Hell, they told Doughty to lose weight and he did, thus proving his commitment. Hickey > Alzner, though I wanted Voracek. Finally, if you're going to be an ass, learn the difference between your and you're.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Man, I can't wait till Hickey makes all the doubters feel stupid. I hope it's this year.

Oh, and great vid Like I needed any more adrenaline before the season...

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Fripp

Before Magicman, I had no idea drafting was just a matter of reading the latest CSS rankings. Not sure why teams still pay for a scouting team.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:26 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:

What has Alzner done?

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:34 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Didn't DL say he was gonna pick Drew regardless if they picked 1st or 2nd?

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:41 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
What has Alzner done?
Just to play (devil's) advocate:

He's made it to the NHL, and played in a playoff game(s).

What's Hickey done other than get injured?

Until Hickey turns into a starting top 4 defensman (and plays a whole season), IMHO, the jury is still out on his selection at the #4 spot.

But granted, its easy to say in hindsight that someone else was a better selection.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Just to play (devil's) advocate:

He's made it to the NHL, and played in a playoff game(s).

What's Hickey done other than get injured?

Until Hickey turns into a starting top 4 defensman (and plays a whole season), IMHO, the jury is still out on his selection at the #4 spot.

But granted, its easy to say in hindsight that someone else was a better selection.
I know you're playing Devil's advocate, but Hickey is 21 years old. He needs a couple more years at least before we can declare him a bad pick.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote