HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just how good is Anisimov?

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2010, 05:16 PM
EzraCurrier

vCash: 500
Just how good is Anisimov?

Hey all, Leafs fan here wondering about Anisimov. I watched him play for some periods of time last year and although it was his first season in the league he made some pretty incredible plays at times. It doesnt seem as though he gets mentioned much by anyone in the media or around the league when the rangers are spoken about , and im interested to see what you guys think of him and his potential. He looks alot like a tad slower version of kovalchuck with a slightly lower scoring ability. I could see him panning out to be a 30-40 goal scorer maybe 70-80 point guy.

What do Rangers fans think of him?

Excited to see him play this year, on a side note another guy who doesnt seem to get mentioned much is Ottawas Peter Regin, IMO both guys could be making a big jump this season in production.

Old
09-23-2010, 05:18 PM
17futurecap

I think it is all about confidence with him, and he really played well at the end of the season last year. I think earlier in the year Torts tried him in a bigger role, he was a bit overwhelmed, but that was expected in his first full season. I think we are all excited to see what he brings this year.

Old
09-23-2010, 05:18 PM
frankthefrowner

If your asking for fantasy purposes i would pick someone else... Long term if he reaches his potential i see 70pts. Im hoping for 50 this year.

Old
09-23-2010, 05:22 PM
EzraCurrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
If your asking for fantasy purposes i would pick someone else... Long term if he reaches his potential i see 70pts. Im hoping for 50 this year.
LOL it is for fantasy purposes, im trying to find guys primed for big sophmore seasons, and hes a guy who impressed me last year in a limited role and with the rangers not really adding any big foward FA's this summer, he seems as though hes due to get a bigger role. The thing that impresses me the most is he has an incredible blend of size and hands, but hes also not afraid to drive down the middle. Its pretty rare combination to find.

Old
09-23-2010, 05:22 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

He's a smart player with a big gangly frame (though not much mass yet).... He's got skills for sure.... If you YouTube search his name you will see a nice compilation video of his highlights made by a member of this forum... Seemed to be a bit cautious in his approach to his first NHL season initially... His confidence jumped up towards the end of the season and he started being more assertive with the puck.... Skill-wise he's good in both zones.... Good close quarters player, both along the boards and with making short tape to tape passes in close proximity to his intended targets.... He has an above average wrist shot & release....

This will be an important year to gauge what direction he's headed... Most are optimistic about him because he had a huge boost in his production between his rookie and sophomore seasons in the AHL (nearly doubled his point production)...

EDIT: this is for fantasy hockey? I want my last 2 minutes back!

Old
09-23-2010, 05:23 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzraCurrier View Post
LOL it is for fantasy purposes, im trying to find guys primed for big sophmore seasons, and hes a guy who impressed me last year in a limited role and with the rangers not really adding any big foward FA's this summer, he seems as though hes due to get a bigger role. The thing that impresses me the most is he has an incredible blend of size and hands, but hes also not afraid to drive down the middle. Its pretty rare combination to find.
This is very true, but remember he is still very young and adjusting to NHL hockey. Personally, I think he will have another adjusting year this year, and then put up some nice numbers in 2011-2012.

Old
09-23-2010, 05:26 PM
pwoz

He started off pretty soft, but improved towards the end of the season. I'm hoping he'll be a top pivot (or Stepan).

Old
09-23-2010, 05:27 PM
EzraCurrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
He's a smart player with a big gangly frame (though not much mass yet).... He's got skills for sure.... If you YouTube search his name you will see a nice compilation video of his highlights made by a member of this forum... Seemed to be a bit cautious in his approach to his first NHL season initially... His confidence jumped up towards the end of the season and he started being more assertive with the puck.... Skill-wise he's good in both zones.... Good close quarters player, both along the boards and with making short tape to tape passes in close proximity to his intended targets.... He has an above average wrist shot & release....

This will be an important year to gauge what direction he's headed... Most are optimistic about him because he had a huge boost in his production between his rookie and sophomore seasons in the AHL (nearly doubled his point production)...

EDIT: this is for fantasy hockey? I want my last 2 minutes back!
Whats wrong with Fantasy hockey?? haha

And from the sounds of it hes going to get a bigger role this year, another reason i dont think hes as likely to have a sophmore slump is that hes 22, so along the same lines as bobby ryan, he could put up better points this season.

Old
09-23-2010, 05:28 PM
beastly115

He'll get more time on the 2nd line with Dubinsky moving permanently to the wing. I'm expecting 40-50pts from him this season.

Old
09-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Levitate

Since you're a Leafs fan, I'd maybe liken him to a more mobile Antropov. I kind of see him topping out around that same area...60 points or so, second line center

Old
09-23-2010, 07:16 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I think if Anisimov ever gets mentioned in the same breath as Ilya Kovalchuk, the Rangers fan-base would collectively jump for joy. I see him more as an Antropov type player...60 point ceiling or so, if he reaches that.

Old
09-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

He plays a very good all-around game and if his offense truly breaks through, I see him as a taller Datsyuk that doesn't handle quite as well or pass quite as well but is a better scorer. We've see him do things that most players aren't and I personally project him to be a 60 point player, top class second line center. I see his absolute ceiling, if everything goes correctly as 35-45-80. He's unlikely to reach that but I wouldn't be totally shocked.

As for his current fantasy value, I'd say somewhere between 40-55 points. Maybe 20 goals.

Old
09-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Old
09-23-2010, 08:09 PM
EzraCurrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I think if Anisimov ever gets mentioned in the same breath as Ilya Kovalchuk, the Rangers fan-base would collectively jump for joy. I see him more as an Antropov type player...60 point ceiling or so, if he reaches that.
I can tell you right now that anisimov has 100 times slicker hands than antropov ever did. Antro was kind of like hall gill as a forward with a good shot. Anisimov looks like Kovalchuck lite in the way he drives through the middle, really quick release and good hard shot and he has some incredible dangles. He likely wont ever be a 90 point player but with his skill set he seems capable of putting up some 30-40 goal seasons in his prime no?

Old
09-23-2010, 08:24 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Follow BN's link. Fantasy questions can go in the fantasy forum.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread