HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers vs. Predators Prospect Game Video and Pictures

Old
09-16-2010, 12:45 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

vCash: 500
thanks for the video. is it possible to see the shootout?

also where are these games being held? im thinking about going tonight. what time is the game?

also imo dadanov and mcfarland were clearly the two most talented offensive players for us out there. mcfarland plays fast and hard, hits a lot, and generates offense. i think if he is coached well and developed properly that he will be a great player for us. probably will make the team next year.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:50 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
flying elbow? LOL

It was shoulder the whole way and that's a clean hit. Has anyone here actually played hockey before? Because if they did, they'd realize that klasen deserved to get popped for such a dumb play. Cutting through the slot like that is amateur stuff
Really dude? I don't think ANYONE deserves to get hit like that. I love a good hard clean hit as much as the next guy but that hit was ugly.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:51 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
thanks for the video. is it possible to see the shootout?

also where are these games being held? im thinking about going tonight. what time is the game?

also imo dadanov and mcfarland were clearly the two most talented offensive players for us out there. mcfarland plays fast and hard, hits a lot, and generates offense. i think if he is coached well and developed properly that he will be a great player for us. probably will make the team next year.
The game is on now. No game tonight.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 03:15 PM
vektorious

Third Period 1/2 :

Third Period 2/2 :

Shootout :

Added the rest of the game and the shootout! phew.....finally haha!!! Enjoy guys!

vektorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Parise9Crosby87

can someone post todays?

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 05:57 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Link.

Chuck Weber comments on the hit in this video. It was pretty clearly a head shot, so it's disappointing that he was singing praises for Clackson...

I guess that means Rochester will be a tough team to play against, at least.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Boooooth10

Well like he said he didn't see the replay. When I saw the hit in person I thought it was a clean hit too. I'm sure he wouldn't be praising Clackson if he sees the replay now.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Jakethesnake

Few points on the hit...

1. 100% shoulder to head. Elbow is nowhere near the point of contact. The elbow does follow through, giving the illusion it was the elbow that made contact, but it was a hit with the shoulder

2. It isn't a "Blindside" hit. As the Predator player cuts in to the slot, the panther player approaches from essentially the same angle.

3. I am totally against any hit to the head, regardless of point of contact. Therefore, its a dirty hit. However, probably not as bad as many believe.

Just my opinion

Jakethesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake View Post
Few points on the hit...

1. 100% shoulder to head. Elbow is nowhere near the point of contact. The elbow does follow through, giving the illusion it was the elbow that made contact, but it was a hit with the shoulder

2. It isn't a "Blindside" hit. As the Predator player cuts in to the slot, the panther player approaches from essentially the same angle.

3. I am totally against any hit to the head, regardless of point of contact. Therefore, its a dirty hit. However, probably not as bad as many believe.

Just my opinion
It doesn't have to be a blindside hit. Any lateral or back-pressure hit where the head is targeted is also illegal now. They don't want any hits to the head, period. So it was an illegal hit. Clackson came lateral to Klasen, if not slightly behind him. Basically, unless the guy approaches you from right in front of you and the head is the principal point of contact, it is illegal now.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Jakethesnake

Not arguing the fact its illegal. i think it should have been a penalty. I totally agree with the rule because any hit where the head is the point of contact should be outlawed. In fact, i think the law is too ambiguous. There is language that seems to allow shots to the head in a certain situation (ie, the rule doesnt state "any hit where the head is the point of contact will be panalised by a ........"). I think that any hit to the head should be illegal - and that extends to any sport. However, my point is that the hit isnt as outrageous and criminal as some are making it out to be. it wasnt an elbow and it wasnt blindside, so all this talk about never signing the guy and making a moral stance is a bit over the top. hard hit to the head with a shoulder - a penalty and a penalty only.

Jakethesnake is offline   Reply With Quote