HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre #2: Flyers vs. Maple Leafs @ London, ON - Thursday, Sept. 23, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
09-24-2010, 10:35 AM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Very impressed with Riemer's performance. Bobo was ok, but carries the glove too low. He takes the 5 hole away quickly and as others have stated moves laterally quickly and fluently. Nice game for both tenders IMO.
Agreed with Bobo's glove. He needs to get it just a little higher when he drops.

Reimer was also very, very good.

What makes me angry is that everyone continues to ignore Boosh's performance, which was as solid as any we've seen in either game so far.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 10:44 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I don't mind Boucher. I'm not worried with him this upcoming season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as our starter eventually.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 10:46 AM
The Saurus

As a Leafs fan, I felt that Versteeg and Carter were the best players on the ice last night. Versteeg was just dominant at times, as was Carter.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 10:55 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I don't mind Boucher. I'm not worried with him this upcoming season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as our starter eventually.
I know it's just preseason, and early on at that, but Boosh looked a lot better than Leighton. I've always felt Boucher was the more talented of the two...hopefully he can prove that to start the season here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavsson View Post
As a Leafs fan, I felt that Versteeg and Carter were the best players on the ice last night. Versteeg was just dominant at times, as was Carter.
Versteeg looked really good. I expect him to have a monster year, calling it now.

Old
09-24-2010, 10:59 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Agreed with Bobo's glove. He needs to get it just a little higher when he drops.

Reimer was also very, very good.

What makes me angry is that everyone continues to ignore Boosh's performance, which was as solid as any we've seen in either game so far.
The thing is, Boosh should have been dominate. This wasnt really the Leafs A team. Kadri was mia most of the game and the only guy really creating things was Versteeg and that Richardson (or Richard or something) guy. Other then maybe 2-3 shots, Boosh really didnt get tested.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:03 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
The thing is, Boosh should have been dominate. This wasnt really the Leafs A team. Kadri was mia most of the game and the only guy really creating things was Versteeg and that Richardson (or Richard or something) guy. Other then maybe 2-3 shots, Boosh really didnt get tested.
Boosh had some very good saves, and some good stops and good rebound control through traffic. His performance was pretty much perfect.

The thing is, Leighton was very far from dominant in his preseason game against a similarly anemic team of mostly AHL guys.

Boosh did everything you can expect him to in that game and then some. The same can't be said for any of our other goalies (except BoboCop).

Old
09-24-2010, 11:11 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Boosh had some very good saves, and some good stops and good rebound control through traffic. His performance was pretty much perfect.

The thing is, Leighton was very far from dominant in his preseason game against a similarly anemic team of mostly AHL guys.

Boosh did everything you can expect him to in that game and then some. The same can't be said for any of our other goalies (except BoboCop).
Highly highly disagree. He did make some nice saves but his rebound control last night was TERRIBLE. He got very lucky the Leafs werent crashing the net at all or it could have been a goal. One, I remember is Kadri taking a bad angle shot and Boosh putting it right in the center. Lehtivouri or Bourdon came in and poked it away before a Leaf got to it.

Also disagree with Leighton facing the same caliber. Leighton did terrible but Im more scared of Langenbrunner and Elias then Versteeg and Kadri. Just those two had more chances then Kadri and Versteeg had.

Before Im ready to name him our starter and this years goalie, I wanna see a few more games against better competition. Boosh is greatly known for being hot one game and then letting in 5 goals the next. This doesnt say I want Leighton as our starter, but I have 0 confidence in Boosh.

Old
09-24-2010, 11:16 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Highly highly disagree. He did make some nice saves but his rebound control last night was TERRIBLE. He got very lucky the Leafs werent crashing the net at all or it could have been a goal. One, I remember is Kadri taking a bad angle shot and Boosh putting it right in the center. Lehtivouri or Bourdon came in and poked it away before a Leaf got to it.

Also disagree with Leighton facing the same caliber. Leighton did terrible but Im more scared of Langenbrunner and Elias then Versteeg and Kadri. Just those two had more chances then Kadri and Versteeg had.

Before Im ready to name him our starter and this years goalie, I wanna see a few more games against better competition. Boosh is greatly known for being hot one game and then letting in 5 goals the next. This doesnt say I want Leighton as our starter, but I have 0 confidence in Boosh.
I'm not comfortable naming him the starter either, and I'm not advocating that. But I honestly think he has more talent than Leighton, though as you've noted he's historically very hot and cold.

And he may have given up one or two bad rebounds all night but Leighton gives up a couple of rebounds on every single shot (hyperbole and mathematic impossibility, I know). Most of the shots I saw in on net he smothered or controlled in front of him and gathered right away, rather than poking them right out to an opposing player to snipe high blocker.

Leighton was absolutely terrible on Tuesday.

Boosh was very solid last night.

That's all I'm saying. I already stated numerous times that I'm not reading a whole lot into < 2 games of preseason, but so far Boosh looks a lot better than Leighton and I'm not sure whether I should be happy he looks good, or terrified that Leighton looks that bad.

Old
09-24-2010, 11:25 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

All 4 goalies were solid last night. But all 4 goalies were playing against the B team.

jd2210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:38 AM
CptCannon

I honestly think it's a ****ing disgrace for the organization to sew "Lehtivouri" to the back of Lehtivuori's jersey.

Okey okey Clarke forgot Giroux name at the draft and G's playing Foppa-esque but come on.

And yeah, IMO Lehtivuori should spend the upcoming season in the AHL while being the #1 call-up. He'd be the #2 if Bourdon knew how to skate, dude's sloooooow!

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:52 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
You can not get disappointed from that pathetic SO display.. You may become public enemy #1 or a hater.

Remember 3 years ago such and such criticized JVR because he sucked in SO.
how many moves does Richards have in the shootout? one?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:53 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCannon View Post
I honestly think it's a ****ing disgrace for the organization to sew "Lehtivouri" to the back of Lehtivuori's jersey.

Okey okey Clarke forgot Giroux name at the draft and G's playing Foppa-esque but come on.

And yeah, IMO Lehtivuori should spend the upcoming season in the AHL while being the #1 call-up. He'd be the #2 if Bourdon knew how to skate, dude's sloooooow!
They put the wrong name on his jersey?

Seriously?

Old
09-24-2010, 12:00 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:

FAIL
inexcusable

there is a reason why Bourdon's stock fell in the draft. kid has the tools to be good if he didnt have the skating issue. I didnt have a problem with the pick when they took him. They can still work with him on his skating.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 12:00 PM
CptCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
how many moves does Richards have in the shootout? one?
Missed the game against NJ? Now he's got two (2).

Old
09-24-2010, 12:17 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
The replay from last night is on NHL Network right now.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 12:31 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

He was the top d-man for the phantoms last year. Bourdon doesnt know how to skate. If he did he would be a better player. Lehtivouri has smarts which is very important for a small guy. Would have liked to see him play with a better player then Matt Walker though. Walker is supposed to be a defensive d-man but did terrible covering Lehtivouri. A vet is supposed to cover the rookie, not the other way around.

Old
09-24-2010, 12:38 PM
CptCannon

Quote:
He was the top d-man for the phantoms last year. Bourdon doesnt know how to skate. If he did he would be a better player. Lehtivouri has smarts which is very important for a small guy. Would have liked to see him play with a better player then Matt Walker though. Walker is supposed to be a defensive d-man but did terrible covering Lehtivouri. A vet is supposed to cover the rookie, not the other way around.
Hahah, yeah didn't know whether to cry or laugh when watching Walker to hesitantly swipe the puck towards Lehtivuori like "please get the puck out of the zone 'cause I can't!"