HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PS #1 - 09.23.2010 | New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
09-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
MDZ also hit a wall after a dozen games. Yet, he was still on pace for 30 points per 80 games even after his dozen-game streak was over. Still not bad, especially considering his limited time.

If Step gets half a point per game for the year (40 points in 80 games), or something close to that, it will be excellent. I think he can do it.
I don't think he hit a wall at 12 games, he just stopped scoring at a point per game pace.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
LOL did anyone just hear the guy call into Francessa?

HEY MIKE! did you catch rangers-devils last night!?!? gaborik won it in OT and what do you think of that kid stepan?? he said this quickly before Mike cut him off the line

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 04:28 PM
BobSantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
LOL did anyone just hear the guy call into Francessa?

HEY MIKE! did you catch rangers-devils last night!?!? gaborik won it in OT and what do you think of that kid stepan?? he said this quickly before Mike cut him off the line
What are they censoring hockey calls?

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 04:33 PM
ret513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Like most, I was very impressed with Stepan, Boyle, and Kennedy. Obviously Gaborik was stellar, and I'm very pleased to see the chemistry developing between Steps, Gabby, and Frolov.

I was less impressed with Semenov than most seem to be. I like his physicality, but his decision making and skating just seem to be a step or two behind. I'd use him as a 7th guy, but not as someone I want playing 60+ games.

I also liked the way Sauer played. He was pretty solid aside from a few hiccups here and there, and I really like his intensity. You can tell the guy is finally playing like he belongs here. Before, he always seemed as if he was auditioning for a spot he couldn't get, but now he is really making his mark.

Was glad to see Marty moving well in net. He should definitely help us out this year.

Dubi had some great moments, but seemed a little lost out there at times.

Staal was very up and down, but I'll chalk it up to being a little out of practice.

Christensen didn't stand out at all. He's going to need to step it up if he doesn't want to end up as the #1C with the Whalepack.
For a second...I actually thought you were referring to Brodeur flopping to the right as the puck went in to the left....I guess I cant get that comical image out of my head

Sorry Devils fans if that seems like celebrating....pre-season or not, that was too funny! If Lundqvist did that you would be screaming with laughter and post it on main board

ret513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 04:43 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Dubinsky definitely needs to get faster, but his strength and stickhandling is top of the line. It's crazy how hard it is for defenseman to know him off the puck.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post
What are they censoring hockey calls?
Maybe your not familiar with this turd but he won't talk hockey, he just flat out refuses. He will sit and talk horse racing for hours but you mention hockey he refuses to give any time to it. I find it strange because I remember when he used to do "live from the play by play" after every NYR and NYK home games.

I remember the day we traded for Lindros and he was alone because Mad Dog was on vacation. He had no choice but to talk about the Rangers and before the show he made this big thing about how he has to talk hockey in the middle of summer blah blah blah. He is easily my most hated sports personality in NY.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:05 PM
bettercallstaal
SAMCRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
I disagree 100% w/ that. I thought Dubi looked good and he certainly wasn't slow when he skated in one on one with the goalie in the 3rd while being hacked at and rang one off the post.
Well he had a chance for a break away of course he was interested then. The rest of the game though it did look like something was off.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:11 PM
TrojanRanger

Quote:
I disagree 100% w/ that. I thought Dubi looked good and he certainly wasn't slow when he skated in one on one with the goalie in the 3rd while being hacked at and rang one off the post.
That was the only time during the entire game that he was noticeable.

TrojanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:16 PM
SRTtoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Maybe your not familiar with this turd but he won't talk hockey, he just flat out refuses. He will sit and talk horse racing for hours but you mention hockey he refuses to give any time to it. I find it strange because I remember when he used to do "live from the play by play" after every NYR and NYK home games.

I remember the day we traded for Lindros and he was alone because Mad Dog was on vacation. He had no choice but to talk about the Rangers and before the show he made this big thing about how he has to talk hockey in the middle of summer blah blah blah. He is easily my most hated sports personality in NY.
Yea, hes said several times that he just doesnt watch it so he cant comment on it...Its annoying but whatever....Yea he talks horse racing, which is complete nonsense IMO. This is probably the biggest reason why I listen to 1050 ESPN, the Michael kay show...him and don la greca at least know hockey.

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:49 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Things are going to get even more hostile very soon.

Look at the prospects board....Isles fans are starting to get REAL cocky now that their prospect pool is above average.

The funny thing is that both the Devils and Islanders have learned to channel their hate directly at the Rangers. I don't think the Islander or Devils dislike each other at all.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 06:10 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If anything this should be awesome for the east.

A Rangers team who has some sick top prospects finally coming through with its rookie face being Stepan or Kreider against a newly revitalized with talented youth Isles team led by Tavares.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Salsa Shark

Anyone know where I can find highlights of the game?

Salsa Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 07:03 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa Shark View Post
TSN had some up yesterday

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa Shark View Post

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 07:47 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Most Devils fans are not hateful.

They do dislike retarded comments that we on the rangers board make at times, like about how the "hustle and bustle" of NY would draw Kovalchuk here, and how Zajac is a talentless slug.

I'm sure there are equally bad posts over there, we just don't really have as good long term memories.

A lot of them (glenwo, Saugus, Brodeurscups) are really good posters. Others (Devilswede, Muttley) are a little bit different.

I dont post over there, just read but most of their posters are pretty good. There are handfull of posters over there though who give everyone else a bad name (and you mentioned 1 of them).

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 08:07 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I dont post over there, just read but most of their posters are pretty good. There are handfull of posters over there though who give everyone else a bad name (and you mentioned 1 of them).
He mentioned two of them. And he's 100% right with the two he mentioned.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 08:32 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I don't know about that. Even their "best" posters and Mods seem to be unable to discuss the Rangers without acting like lunatics. Even for a rivalry the obsession gets creepy at times. Its the opposite of the Islanders board, which even though you can sometimes feel the hate in their posting, you can still have an intelligent discussion. Some of the best posters on this board come from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan.
He mentioned two of them. And he's 100% right with the two he mentioned.
Muttley is the best poster on these boards. I wish he had his own website or radio show.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 08:34 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
I don't know about that. Even their "best" posters and Mods seem to be unable to discuss the Rangers without acting like lunatics. Even for a rivalry the obsession gets creepy at times. Its the opposite of the Islanders board, which even though you can sometimes feel the hate in their posting, you can still have an intelligent discussion. Some of the best posters on this board come from there.

Muttley is the best poster on these boards. I wish he had his own website or radio show.
He reminds me of John Boehner. I can just see him having this stupid spray-on tan and just being angry about everything. Ranting with this holier than thou attitude about changing the boards.

Old
09-24-2010, 08:44 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post

I've had him on "ignore" for years.. seriously think he had to have his hat handed to him in grade school by a Ranger fan or lost his chick to a Ranger season ticket holder.
Miserable, miserable young man.

The Debbies "mod" hate for us is at an all new level this year. Not sure why though. Cool with me though.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 08:53 PM
XLJ

I thought Dubinsky's play got stronger as the game went on. He didn't have much chemistry with his linemates though.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 08:55 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
I've had him on "ignore" for years.. seriously think he had to have his hat handed to him in grade school by a Ranger fan or lost his chick to a Ranger season ticket holder.
Miserable, miserable young man.

The Debbies "mod" hate for us is at an all new level this year. Not sure why though. Cool with me though.
Everything I've heard says he's one step away from a banning. Hopefully he takes that step this year.

Old
09-24-2010, 09:02 PM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I actually like the Boogaard signing. Orr is making 1,000,000.00/season. Shelley is making 1.1 million. So, Boogard is making 1.625 million and is more intimidating that either of them. *****ing about this contract (essentially 4-500,000.00) when we have contracts like Redden's just makes me laugh. If teams think twice about running Lundqvist or messing around with Gaborik then he's worth the 1.6+ million easily.
I've been saying this since we signed him. This signing does a lot more then people give it credit for doing. Anyone even breathes wrong on Marian or Hank and Boogs will make them or one of their teammates answer the bell.

His mean streak is really, truly MEAN. The dude is scary.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Boogs showed more snarl yesterday, than Brashear did in his 36 games. Too bad he got that misconduct... I wanted to see Leblond get his face rearranged.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 09:42 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Well said, my feelings exactly. I thought he was holding the puck very well last night also.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 09:46 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Boogs showed more snarl yesterday, than Brashear did in his 36 games. Too bad he got that misconduct... I wanted to see Leblond get his face rearranged.
I thought it was funny to see how much of a coward that bum was. Grew a set once Boogie left. ****ing funny.