HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New flagship station 1029 the buzz

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-24-2010, 04:25 PM
  #51
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
My coworker was telling me this morning that he can't pick 102.9 anywhere around his place in Bellevue. Wonder if something is near there that blocks the signal, as well.

Oh, yes, thanks for the radio station numbers, BFC.
That surprises me, I drive all over Nashville everyday and have no problems in the. I don't have any problems downtown amongst all of those buildings.

but i've been wrong before and this won't be the last time i'm sure.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 04:28 PM
  #52
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
Do you know if the crew for the shows will be the same? Kirby? Jacob? They're employed by the Zone, I'm assuming.
No, they are all out of jobs (on game day with Preds, not out of work). Willy will have a new support/production staff.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 09:57 PM
  #53
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
That surprises me, I drive all over Nashville everyday and have no problems in the. I don't have any problems downtown amongst all of those buildings.

but i've been wrong before and this won't be the last time i'm sure.
It surprised me, too. He has mentioned trouble with other media type things so maybe it's just him. Ha!

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 03:37 PM
  #54
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
There is some static/interference when I've had The Buzz on the past few days coming home ot Bellevue. However, while I was coming back home from Knoxville today, the signal just boomed in as far away as Crossville (I loved hearing about "The Buzz Zone" at the Bridge, and the ticket giveaways..sounds like ALOT of promoting going on there). Any word who will be the studio host when tomorrow's inital broadcast takes place??

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 07:11 PM
  #55
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
There is some static/interference when I've had The Buzz on the past few days coming home ot Bellevue. However, while I was coming back home from Knoxville today, the signal just boomed in as far away as Crossville (I loved hearing about "The Buzz Zone" at the Bridge, and the ticket giveaways..sounds like ALOT of promoting going on there). Any word who will be the studio host when tomorrow's inital broadcast takes place??
Coming down to Zanie's tonight I had some static on 102.9 from the 40/24 split to the parking lot. Don't know it was an atomspheric issue though, clouds were black and heavy overhead!

Willy Daunic is still the host of the pre and post game shows...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 09:27 PM
  #56
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
There is some static/interference when I've had The Buzz on the past few days coming home ot Bellevue.
That's not a problem, that's just the station living up to its name.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 11:13 PM
  #57
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
PERFECT, W.F.O.M.!!!!! I wish I would have come up with that one.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 08:14 PM
  #58
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
Just wanted to see if anyone checked with The Buzz on the streaming problems from Wednesday's game? I hope I don't have to start moving my radio (then hold it in that same position for a couple of hours) in order to get the broadcast tomorrow.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 08:55 PM
  #59
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
I have to get my better radio out. I'm using a crappy one. I should be right in the prime area to get them and I still can't tune them in. But my stereo and better radio are still in storage from a move. I already gave up on their web streaming. I'd get it for five minutes and then it would be gone for five minutes, over and over.

I already like their enthusiasm though and the way their website always shows something about the preds.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 10:21 PM
  #60
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Just wanted to see if anyone checked with The Buzz on the streaming problems from Wednesday's game? I hope I don't have to start moving my radio (then hold it in that same position for a couple of hours) in order to get the broadcast tomorrow.
Preds won't have a local broadcast for Sunday's game. Your best bet would be to stream the Caps broadcast...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 10:27 PM
  #61
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
A big AMEN to the props and support THE BUZZ is giving the PREDS. Thanks for the info about the caps feed, SL- I just noticed there's a link to their feed on the PREDS website.
Just think, this time next week, we'll be headed to Wendy's for our first free Frosty!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 10:38 PM
  #62
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
A big AMEN to the props and support THE BUZZ is giving the PREDS. Thanks for the info about the caps feed, SL- I just noticed there's a link to their feed on the PREDS website.
Just think, this time next week, we'll be headed to Wendy's for our first free Frosty!!!
No problem, I too am looking forward to the start of the season a week from tonight and also enjoying the fact that every time I listen to local radio in the car, I hear at least one or two mentions of the Preds on 102.9 every 10 minutes or so!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 11:06 PM
  #63
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
I have to get my better radio out. I'm using a crappy one. I should be right in the prime area to get them and I still can't tune them in. But my stereo and better radio are still in storage from a move. I already gave up on their web streaming. I'd get it for five minutes and then it would be gone for five minutes, over and over.

I already like their enthusiasm though and the way their website always shows something about the preds.
God yes. This was pretty annoying considering I wasn't near a computer, but glad to hear that it wouldn't have made much of a difference. I tried using the iPhone app (surprisingly works with backgrounding), even tried the "web streaming" they offer through Safari on the app, but it'd be in for the game broadcast, cut to a commercial then it'd be out for 10 mins before resuming at a random point. Does not bode well for games that aren't broadcast on TV, but hopefully opposing teams will have it online.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 01:49 PM
  #64
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,271
vCash: 500
dont know if it was mentioned elsewhere but Willy will be doing Preds broadcasting for the Buzz... the email regarding opening night activities mentions that he and Tom will be at the plaza broadcasting

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:19 PM
  #65
codeyh
HFB Partner
 
codeyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cellblock 303
Country: United States
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to codeyh
To those that have Android-based phones, here's your radio solution:

TuneIn Player

Allows you to stream radio stations over your phone. 104.5, 102.9, 100.1, etc.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 07:44 PM
  #66
Liquidfire3240
Registered User
 
Liquidfire3240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post
To those that have Android-based phones, here's your radio solution:

TuneIn Player

Allows you to stream radio stations over your phone. 104.5, 102.9, 100.1, etc.
Thanks for that, it actually works really well, I was surprised.
Its nice since im currently in memphis.
Heres the QR code, its kinda hidden, might save someone a few seconds.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 02:07 AM
  #67
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,920
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
dont know if it was mentioned elsewhere but Willy will be doing Preds broadcasting for the Buzz... the email regarding opening night activities mentions that he and Tom will be at the plaza broadcasting
It also said that 102.9 will be broadcasting from the arena all day. Starting at 10AM from the arena broadcast booth (I guess that means they will be inside, but still, they'll be there all day!) until Willy and Tom take over for pregame!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 01:15 PM
  #68
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post
To those that have Android-based phones, here's your radio solution:

TuneIn Player

Allows you to stream radio stations over your phone. 104.5, 102.9, 100.1, etc.
That's really great! Downloaded it last night with no problems and everything comes through nicely. Thank you.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 12:21 PM
  #69
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
When we were driving to Knoxville last Thursday we were listening to the game all the way to Crossville. FYI.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.