HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Lindback's attitude

Old
09-24-2010, 01:09 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Lindback's attitude

I question Lindback's attitude after reading what he said in the Tennessean today. Maybe I am just taking it the wrong way, but I posted the link below and also cut adn pasted the article and bolded the two things that made me wonder why he would say that.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...or-first-game/

Quote:
Last night Mark Deka*nich did his job in the race for the Preds bac*kup goa*lie posi*tion with a six-save per*for*mance on seven shots in a period and a half of play. Now it's time for Anders Lind*back to show his stuff against NHL competition.

Fri*day is Lindback's first NHL-type game. While the Canes will rest seve*ral of their top pla*yers, it's a chance for Lind*back to jump back in the hunt for the spot behind Pekka Rinne. Keep in mind that in the two roo*kie games, Lind*back didn't allow a goal.

"Of course tonight, it’s going to be fas*ter," Lind*back said. "There are good guys, you have to keep focu*sing on that fact."
So what I wonder is,

Is Lindback trying to make it look like tonight it will be even harder than the competition that Dekanich faced?? But meanwhile it says the 'Canes are going to be resting top players so in reality the competition would be ""not as stiff"" to play against??

Last edited by Seth Lake: 09-24-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Copyright violation. Can't cut and paste whole articles
lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:11 PM
SChan*

wow man what's wrong with a competing attitude? You are taking it wrong.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:12 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I don't see a problem. You must note English is not his first language and the phrasing is awkward which is common in ESLers

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:25 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think he's saying tonight will be a faster game than what he's used to not last nights game. Don't be so thin skinned

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:37 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I don't see a problem. You must note English is not his first language and the phrasing is awkward which is common in ESLers

I gotcha! good point,

I just mean after reading what Dekanich says in that article it sounds like he wants to win the backup job through tough competition (beating out Lindback), whereas the way its put in that article it just sounded to me like Lindback was saying that he was going to have harder competition to play against than Dekanich did. When in fact Lindback will have an easier time with 'Canes top dogs sittin out!

I just love when guys have healthy competition, I jsut hate when one puts another down to make themselves look better.

I know he expects this to be a faster game than he is used to in europe, but he implied that ""tonight would be a faster game than the previous night"" or maybe what he just simply meant was that it would be tougher competition than it was just having scrimmages at training camp??

Either way, it just kinda struck me as odd and wanted to see what you guys thought of this.

Old
09-24-2010, 01:40 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Even then, I want someone a little cocky. (Not to the point of huberis of a Demi-god but confident)

Do you want a goalie going in thinking. "I aint stopping ****."

Old
09-24-2010, 01:40 PM
joe89

Doubt he even cares who's on the Canes lineup. What's he gonna say, they didn't bring their top players so I'm preparing for a quiet night?

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:45 PM
kivaerijo

i was taking as the competition tonight will be better than the rookie games he played in.

you are definitely taking this wrong

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:56 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
they didn't bring their top players so I'm preparing for a quiet night?

Yeah. They had just mentioned the rookie games and noted he had done well in those two games, and he says but this will be a higher level than that. Nothing about what Dekanich faced yesterday. For one thing, that wouldn't even make sense as people would say yeah, but you have the stronger Predator team in front of you tonight.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 02:02 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 60
Some guys especially goalies use a friendly competition and some banter to get themselves up for a game I am sure that is all it is.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 02:53 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Doubt he even cares who's on the Canes lineup. What's he gonna say, they didn't bring their top players so I'm preparing for a quiet night?

good point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post

Yeah. They had just mentioned the rookie games and noted he had done well in those two games, and he says but this will be a higher level than that. Nothing about what Dekanich faced yesterday. For one thing, that wouldn't even make sense as people would say yeah, but you have the stronger Predator team in front of you tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Some guys especially goalies use a friendly competition and some banter to get themselves up for a game I am sure that is all it is.
I guess that makes sense! It just seemd a bit odd to me, but i didnt think that he would mean that! thanks for clearing things up guys!

Old
09-24-2010, 05:18 PM
braindead

I keep trying to figure out what those little, tiny, one-letter swear words are that he is using in the quote. Does he have Tourette's??? I'm inclined to trade him based on this quote-- am I wrong?????

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:31 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I keep trying to figure out what those little, tiny, one-letter swear words are that he is using in the quote. Does he have Tourette's??? I'm inclined to trade him based on this quote-- am I wrong?????
my question is...are you serious?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
hahaha this is gold

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:47 PM
zecke26

maybe it's because i'm not a native speaker either, but isn't he comparing his first "NHL" start to the prospect games and that's why he says it's gonna be faster?

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 06:19 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Haha! Excellent.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
maybe it's because i'm not a native speaker either, but isn't he comparing his first "NHL" start to the prospect games and that's why he says it's gonna be faster?
Exactly. I'm not sure how anyone could possibly get a negative tone out of that interview

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
I edited the quote to make it conform to site rules, but I'm not editing out all those darn asterisks the TNn puts in there...

FWIW, my only access to the Internet is from my iPhone. My laptop went in for service and won't be back till 10/11! Trying to get my Mother's old laptop running...my sister downloaded a virus on it!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:33 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

The asterisks happen in certain softwares to mark where a sentence breaks or line breaks. It's annoying in copy and paste.