HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre #3: Flyers at Maple Leafs - Friday, Sept. 24, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-25-2010, 10:12 AM
  #426
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
After listening to those Leafs commentators, I hope that one day Giroux will be as good as Kadri.
Yeah, I caught that too. Sheesh....

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:24 AM
  #427
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,299
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Yeah, I caught that too. Sheesh....
Will his intangibles ever be as tangible?

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:27 AM
  #428
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Will his intangibles ever be as tangible?
You need to stop being such a homer. No one's intangibles will EVER be as tangible or intangible as Kadri's.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:15 AM
  #429
The Messenger
Registered User
 
The Messenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,077
vCash: 500
Leaf fan checking in. I thought Zherdev looked absolutely amazing last night. He is big and fast. He is one of those players that you when he is on the ice you know it. He has a commanding presence when on the ice. I think you guys will be very pleased with him.

The Messenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:18 AM
  #430
A Clerk
Schennergy
 
A Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vilnius
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
I know there probably isn't but I didn't get to see the game last night and I was wondering if there was a way to see the full game somehow.

A Clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:19 AM
  #431
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Kris Versteeg on the game:

"Thank goodness it is pre-season right now. If we gave those points away, I'd be right pissed off."

What's the over/under on the number of gastric ulcers for Versteeg by the end of the season?

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:26 AM
  #432
hockeyphan25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
After listening to those Leafs commentators, I hope that one day Giroux will be as good as Kadri.
The best part was that before his shot, they said "he's a shooter" How could they not be aware of his talents. He's not a rookie and was outstanding in Juniors anyway. Didn't he notice Giroux during the game. At least he apologized after seeing Giroux do what he did. I guess the magic tricks are better when they don't know you're a magician.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:33 AM
  #433
GTA Fan
ಠ_ಠ
 
GTA Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Kris Versteeg on the game:

"Thank goodness it is pre-season right now. If we gave those points away, I'd be right pissed off."

What's the over/under on the number of gastric ulcers for Versteeg by the end of the season?
He is right

Jiggy falls, a skate redirection or two, a tip in, and a disallowed goal. Not to take anything away from the win, but it was frustrating to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Looked at the highlights of the 3rd (which I missed). Thought Wellwood played well in the first 2 periods. ALMOST had a goal and an assist this game. I bet he gets another looked at for another game.

I was surprised with the amount of ice time Wellwood had, but it was far from wasted. Excellent game for him.

GTA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:50 AM
  #434
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA Fan View Post
He is right

Jiggy falls, a skate redirection or two, a tip in, and a disallowed goal. Not to take anything away from the win, but it was frustrating to watch..
Hey man, I understand. But look at it this way... if you guys never had bad luck...

We would of never seen Giroux's shootout goal.

Feel better now? I do.

OriginJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:22 PM
  #435
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,628
vCash: 1688
Laperriere was asked if he was wowed by Giroux's goal: “I wasn’t really impressed I mean I do that in practice everyday." Awesome.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:32 PM
  #436
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post
Leaf fan checking in. I thought Zherdev looked absolutely amazing last night. He is big and fast. He is one of those players that you when he is on the ice you know it. He has a commanding presence when on the ice. I think you guys will be very pleased with him.
Thanks ND Lets hope it continues. We will be at the 10/23 game. Cannot wait.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 05:22 PM
  #437
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
After listening to those Leafs commentators, I hope that one day Giroux will be as good as Kadri.



So true. Between Versteeg (Gretzky-like) and Kadri I think the rest of the eastern teams should just forfeit the season.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 05:43 PM
  #438
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
After listening to those Leafs commentators, I hope that one day Giroux will be as good as Kadri.
He should feel flattered that they even think he has a shot. You do know who Kadri is, right?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:40 PM
  #439
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
The best part was that before his shot, they said "he's a shooter" How could they not be aware of his talents. He's not a rookie and was outstanding in Juniors anyway. Didn't he notice Giroux during the game. At least he apologized after seeing Giroux do what he did. I guess the magic tricks are better when they don't know you're a magician.
Haha, that's a GREAT line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Laperriere was asked if he was wowed by Giroux's goal: “I wasn’t really impressed I mean I do that in practice everyday." Awesome.
Which reminds me, I need to get that man's jersey this week.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.